• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Just my paranoia then !

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

This interview came out yesterday in  a sports youtube podcast thing I've not heard of.  Seems to have a black London niche which is fine.  Not watched much of it but I guess it was a topic that was bound to come out.
Carlton seems a bit of a natural story teller.

On 46 mins I found a bit where he talks about JM pushing his buttons which is fun.

Strange..I thought it was The Ferdinands v Terry?....just a switch puts a different twist.....a sorry affair at the time and best put aside...helped no one and did nothing for any racial progress or whatever the PC term is.

Was a disgraceful game from start to finish..both sides and the officials.....and all dragged out by our hand on heart Media. Lip reading accusation?...sigh...

1 hour ago, chara said:

Strange..I thought it was The Ferdinands v Terry?....just a switch puts a different twist.....a sorry affair at the time and best put aside...helped no one and did nothing for any racial progress or whatever the PC term is.

Was a disgraceful game from start to finish..both sides and the officials.....and all dragged out by our hand on heart Media. Lip reading accusation?...sigh...

From memory it was Kevin Foy refereeing that day , allowing the vocal supporters to control his refereeing , absolute cowardly jellyfish of a ref . 

chara   
56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

From memory it was Kevin Foy refereeing that day , allowing the vocal supporters to control his refereeing , absolute cowardly jellyfish of a ref . 

Hey Mark..what do you think would have been the result of  VAR intervention?....would there have been enough players left to finish the game?

And don't forget the VAR officials can lip read on camera.............(many a true word etc!)

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

the age of postcard humor, kiss me quick hats, benny hill,, dick emery, dads army, wrestling with ken waldon, guessing which window will be on play school, Daleks were made from dustbins,  skippy, flipper, Slade, russian spies "Mr M foot", morning cloud, coursells, tv we rented from Radio Rentals. a radio was called a wireless, milk was delivered in bottles, curley worley's were 2ft long, snickers were marathons, what button to press a or b when using a telephone box, power cuts, watneys red barrel, a part four or party seven, ben shermans, doc martins, stay press trouser.... Oh yes chelsea were about  to be sold down the river by the mears family, 

Yes, that was my age too. However, barbaric remains barbaric, and senseless slaughter of the innocent remains just that, and not something to quote for effect. I would have thought that you were above that.

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

He has been speaking from day one - far too much for a manager.
Of course now he claims that it was his decision to buy Kante and Alonso which is one change of tune.  And of course he is moaning about Lukaku and VVVD (who went elsewhere at £75m each + £15 add ons for Lukaku - wiki).

And Costa who spent the whole season wanting to leave and Conte couldn't pick a player like that.... having just picked him for the season. 
Does anyone still take him seriously?

paulw66   
20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Carlton seems a bit of a natural story teller.

On 46 mins I found a bit where he talks about JM pushing his buttons which is fun.

Something not quite right about his memory. 

The only season Carlton Cole was in the squad under Jose was 2005/06, and we won at Anfield that year, and we certainly never lost 4-0 anywhere. 

I don't doubt that Jose dug him out, but hos memory seems to be all over the place - too much heading the ball?

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has been speaking from day one - far too much for a manager.
Of course now he claims that it was his decision to buy Kante and Alonso which is one change of tune.  And of course he is moaning about Lukaku and VVVD (who went elsewhere at £75m each + £15 add ons for Lukaku - wiki).

And Costa who spent the whole season wanting to leave and Conte couldn't pick a player like that.... having just picked him for the season. 
Does anyone still take him seriously?

The Costa bit makes sense. He couldn't ditch him halfway through the season as we'd have been stuffed. 

I remember going to Leicester away in January and the night before it was announced Costa was out of the squad as he was agitating for a move to China......... He didn't play, and Costa has later admitted he was trying to force a move. 

I have no issues with the way that was handled, apart from the choice of replacement. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

The Costa bit makes sense. He couldn't ditch him halfway through the season as we'd have been stuffed. 

Whatever the truth, the two stories that Costa on a mega salary at Chelsea was a) kean to travel to China and b) was desperately homesick for Spain and would only play for AM
contradict each other enormously.  
The Costa AM version makes sense about Costa.  It doesn't make sense about a manager who would put up with him one season (as JM did for 1 1/2 and Hiddink did) but then decided he could do with out one of his best 2 or 3 players.

Much more sense would be that Conte decided he wanted Lukaku, got some resistance from the board/marina (perhaps over price and or embarrassment in overpaying for an ex-player), decided to force the issue by ditching Costa and staging a fallout (easily done) and then finding out that Marina/RA still wouldn't approve a bid to match or beat Man U's £75m + £15m add-ons.  
This was at the time where we got Conte not speaking with Marina rumours and he was telling the media that he didn't buy the players, the board did (despite them nearly all coming from Serie A).

BTW - in the choice between common sense explanations and "What XXX said" one should always go with common sense.