• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Diego Maradonna was the best player I ever saw, better than any English/British player, and better than Bergkamp, Cantona, Henry, or any other Premier League foreign player.  Ok he cheated, but if you want to lambast cheats there are equally bad ones (Neymar, Rivaldo, Suarez, Ramos to name but a few), none of them in Maradonna;s class.  As for the "Football, Racism and me" programme, **** it, I refuse to watch it.  If Ashley Cole or any of our black players got abused, the slimeballs at the BBC or other media would have overlooked it.  Rio Ferdinand called Ash a "choc-ice" on Twitter, and that was largely ignored.

chara   
15 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Diego Maradonna was the best player I ever saw, better than any English/British player, and better than Bergkamp, Cantona, Henry, or any other Premier League foreign player.  Ok he cheated, but if you want to lambast cheats there are equally bad ones (Neymar, Rivaldo, Suarez, Ramos to name but a few), none of them in Maradonna;s class.  As for the "Football, Racism and me" programme, **** it, I refuse to watch it.  If Ashley Cole or any of our black players got abused, the slimeballs at the BBC or other media would have overlooked it.  Rio Ferdinand called Ash a "choc-ice" on Twitter, and that was largely ignored.

Again..that's one to let go........ I said I was finished but...sigh......never at any stage questioned his ability/standing in the game....or suggested for a minute no one else could be called a "cheat".

I think in future maybe I'll stick to good game bad game Chelsea comments...not worth the effort to suggest anything else might be relevant to the game as a whole.

chara   
27 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Still, another to keep us busy no doubt mate. I'm going to play a spectator's role on this one I reckon.

Me too........a beeb minefield for the unwary.

I think the moral to the Ferdinand tail is don't be surprised if you elbow someone in the head and laugh in their face when they complain, if they then cuss you. 

I won't be watching the show because I know they won't report the truth of the matter in that the only time Terry used the words was in denying he'd used them, questioning why Ferdinand would think he would say them. 

Chrisb   
15 minutes ago, chara said:

Again..that's one to let go........ I said I was finished but...sigh......never at any stage questioned his ability/standing in the game....or suggested for a minute no one else could be called a "cheat".

I think in future maybe I'll stick to good game bad game Chelsea comments...not worth the effort to suggest anything else might be relevant to the game as a whole.

I still agree with what you said Chara. None of us said he wasn’t an unbelievable talent or possibly one of the greatest players of all time. Personally I couldn’t stand the bloke as a person but that’s me, I’m sure others have players they dislike that I don’t. As for the lambasting other cheats, they didn’t pass away yesterday so weren’t really in the discussion. If I’m still around when Neymar goes (unlikely I might add) then he too would be tarred with the same brush. 

Ham   

So in conclusion, every single one of us thinks he's one of the greatest footballers ever, if not THE best.

Some of us didn't like him as a person. 

Chrisb   
20 minutes ago, Ham said:

So in conclusion, every single one of us thinks he's one of the greatest footballers ever, if not THE best.

Pretty much sums it up! Cheers Ham.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

In a nutshell , yes and that's fine.

Not in Hazard's class 🙂

Jasonb   

Just thinking about Maradona and the Hand of God, I suspect he justified it to himself as payback for the national defeat by the British in the Falkland's/ Malvinas.

I was too young to know if he cheated at club level.