• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

11 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

But Chelsea Women are (along with City and Arsenal) obscenely overpowered in comparison to the rest of their league and should be expected to win most of their games.

Is this any different to the common perception of the Big 6 in the PL?

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is like the top Women's ref getting the Super cup game, while Sian Massey-Ellis, easily the best linesman in the Prem, gets no recognition at all.

Quite Right, not forgeting Chelsea is run by a woman; and is a leader in diversity, therefore it would not be unusual if the club looked at promoting within.

Coaching is about Formation, Tactic's, team selection, man mangement etc. Therefore I struggle to understand how being a female means you are unable to coach a man's team, especially when analyse the club has hired a translator and a banker as the head coach in the past.

I thought male chauvinist pigs (MCP) died in the 70's & 80's, Maybe I was wrong?

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Quite Right, not forgeting Chelsea is run by a woman; and is a leader in diversity, therefore it would not be unusual if the club looked at promoting within.

Coaching is about Formation, Tactic's, team selection, man mangement etc. Therefore I struggle to understand how being a female means you are unable to coach a man's team, especially when analyse the club has hired a translator and a banker as the head coach in the past.

I thought male chauvinist pigs (MCP) died in the 70's & 80's, Maybe I was wrong?

It's a valiant effort but nobody is biting . 

Ham   
14 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Sexist

Ham   
48 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

hahahaha - takes one to know one?

Well if saying that women's top level football is absolute rubbish compared to men's then, yes. I'm a sexist too. 

40 minutes ago, Ham said:

Well if saying that women's top level football is absolute rubbish compared to men's then, yes. I'm a sexist too. 

You are not comparing apples with apples, you seem to have forgotten there is something like 100 years difference in men and women playing football competitively. 

Coaching is different as the person is not required to go out in the field and play the game, it to do with what is between their ears and being able to out smart their opponent and win the game, which is done by both sexes "and probably some in-between".

16 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are not comparing apples with apples, you seem to have forgotten there is something like 100 years difference in men and women playing football competitively. 

Coaching is different as the person is not required to go out in the field and play the game, it to do with what is between their ears and being able to out smart their opponent and win the game, which is done by both sexes "and probably some in-between".

that and being able to lob the keeper from anywhere on the pitch .

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It's an interesting observation m'lord and I do agree that ability with respect to team management and strategic deployment need not require experience  of having played the game personally, whether as a man or a woman.

After all, wasn't that the case for JM and others, who had no significant experience as players and yet made successful managers?