• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

that and being able to lob the keeper from anywhere on the pitch .

I've seen keepers lobbed from a penalty

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've seen keepers lobbed from a penalty

I think the inability to jump more than three inches high is really hampering the development of the game , the keepers are worse than Ross Turnbull. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the inability to jump more than three inches high is really hampering the development of the game , the keepers are worse than Ross Turnbull. 

It seems an obvious suggestion but I've always thought that the tall girls should go in goal or up front or play basketball. 

Ham   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are not comparing apples with apples, you seem to have forgotten there is something like 100 years difference in men and women playing football competitively. 

So let's revisit Hayes as men's coach in 100 years.

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

So let's revisit Hayes as men's coach in 100 years.

Yeah you right - might as well tell Emma, she has no place in football it's a MANS game and go back to bringing up kids and cooking diners.

At the same time Marina should be told to go back to being Roman PA because football is a MANS game, and the only reason she got lucky with the Hazard sale is because she wore a short skirt when negotiations with the RM president

Finally - JaneB time to leave this forum it for because football is a MANS game and only men can discuss football

38 minutes ago, Ham said:

It seems an obvious suggestion but I've always thought that the tall girls should go in goal or up front or play basketball. 

Girls play netball not basketball. the Basketball mistake is usual down to the lack of understanding of what the opposite sex do in their lives

• Like 1

chara   

What a strange collection of views.... bringing the argument that a female coach is as good or not  etc etc is missing the point....it is THE MAN"S game...not a chauvanistic statement...not THE WOMEN'S game...on here it has often been mentioned the "losing of the dressing room" or the lack of response from a squad regarding a coach.

Force of personality is a major factor both on the sideline and on the pitch. I do not have to list examples as you all are aware of the many just at Chelsea let alone the rest of the football world.

My point is for a female coach to succeed at the very top level it would take far more than the ability to coach at a level way below the top levels (plural) to handle the very complicated make up of any male squad. I hasten to add that the same thing can be said regarding a male coach from way down the levels of the game after all AVB was rubbished by the Chelsea dressing room.(Didn't he have coaching a female squad on his CV?..just an aside not a point.)

The Women's game is different in many ways...not worse...like tennis for example...regardless of how good players are the game is played differently. How often has a coach called out a player for not being "committed".... read aggressive..enough?

Keepers..a comment earlier re the position as played in the Women's game...I really rated Hope Solo over here,looked better than some I could mention but again like tennis that level is rarely attained...it's a physical difference thing not a chauvanistic view. Personal observation...my sister..three years younger played tennis for her school,,to settle a foolish teenage squabble we played a tennis match against each other...I thrashed the pants off her....she was the far better player but I was strong fit and overpowered all her ability....the difference is in the coaching of skill sets..that for me is as relevant as any other argument.

Administration and organisation at a club..or any business...is not excusively a one gender function but in reality a Woman coaching a top level football squad is somewhere in the future and even then I'm not sure it will happen...written with regret not delight as I ,strangely enough it may seem, am a great champion of equal opportunities and roles for women.

Ham   
46 minutes ago, chara said:

What a strange collection of views.... bringing the argument that a female coach is as good or not  etc etc is missing the point....it is THE MAN"S game...not a chauvanistic statement...not THE WOMEN'S game...on here it has often been mentioned the "losing of the dressing room" or the lack of response from a squad regarding a coach.

Force of personality is a major factor both on the sideline and on the pitch. I do not have to list examples as you all are aware of the many just at Chelsea let alone the rest of the football world.

My point is for a female coach to succeed at the very top level it would take far more than the ability to coach at a level way below the top levels (plural) to handle the very complicated make up of any male squad. I hasten to add that the same thing can be said regarding a male coach from way down the levels of the game after all AVB was rubbished by the Chelsea dressing room.(Didn't he have coaching a female squad on his CV?..just an aside not a point.)

The Women's game is different in many ways...not worse...like tennis for example...regardless of how good players are the game is played differently. How often has a coach called out a player for not being "committed".... read aggressive..enough?

Keepers..a comment earlier re the position as played in the Women's game...I really rated Hope Solo over here,looked better than some I could mention but again like tennis that level is rarely attained...it's a physical difference thing not a chauvanistic view. Personal observation...my sister..three years younger played tennis for her school,,to settle a foolish teenage squabble we played a tennis match against each other...I thrashed the pants off her....she was the far better player but I was strong fit and overpowered all her ability....the difference is in the coaching of skill sets..that for me is as relevant as any other argument.

Administration and organisation at a club..or any business...is not excusively a one gender function but in reality a Woman coaching a top level football squad is somewhere in the future and even then I'm not sure it will happen...written with regret not delight as I ,strangely enough it may seem, am a great champion of equal opportunities and roles for women.

I'm not even bothering to respond to him as he's clearly bored and on a wind-up Chara.

Apparently women do not play basketball by the way, only netball 🙄

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm not even bothering to respond to him as he's clearly bored and on a wind-up Chara.

Apparently women play football in UK    🙄

chara   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Hmm....tell the ladies over here that they don't play basketball!