• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, chara said:

Hmm....tell the ladies over here that they don't play basketball!     

Netball is the far bigger sport globally for women

12 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Is this any different to the common perception of the Big 6 in the PL?

Yes. The difference between top and bottom of the league in the women's PL absolutely dwarfs that in the men's league. It's not surprising, it's a league with teams that resourced like professionals and teams that give that outward appearance but aren't really.

Ham   
3 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Netball is the far bigger sport globally for women

With respect, I think we're getting away from the point somewhat Pete. 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

including  here 

Yep, and even more so Australia.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

With respect, I think we're getting away from the point somewhat Pete. 

I didn’t introduce it.

With respect to the central point I see no reason in principal why a woman couldn't be talented enough in terms of tactical acumen and strategic nous to manage a man's team. The differences between men and women in sport are predominately to do with physicality rather than anything else. 

If you look at Track & Field Athletics, an Olympic champion in the men’s event is obviously likely to beat his female counterpart and the difference will be because of the physically superior male organism and not the quality of the coaching they've received. 

But we're not talking about a woman playing in the men's sport here. We're thinking about the idea of a suitably clued-up woman coaching and/or managing a team of men and therefore the same physical barriers needn't apply.

Edited by PeteRobbo

Ham   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

I didn’t introduce it.

With respect to the central point I see no reason in principal why a woman couldn't be talented enough in terms of tactical acumen and strategic nous to manage a man's team. The differences between men and women in sport are predominately to do with physicality rather than anything else.

if you look at Track & Field Athletics, an Olympic champion in the men’s event is obviously likely to beat his female counterpart and the difference will be because of the physically superior male organism and not the quality of the coaching they've received. 

Noted but the central point was should Emma Hayes be given the Chelsea men's job right now based on her work for the women?

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Noted but the central point was should Emma Hayes be given the Chelsea men's job right now based on her work for the women?

OK, I agree that changes the question by making it more specific. If we make it absolutely specific to our current situation then that amounts to us asking the question might it be possible for Emma to be better as a coach than Frank. I don't know, but she does have a good track record in her own domain obviously.

If it were to happen now then it would be groundbreaking clearly and, therefore, likely to be confronted by a reactionary response from our team. But over time and in a more general sense? The game has adjusted to the idea of women officiating in the men's senior sport, so maybe it's not out of the question that a woman might one day become a coach?

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

And clearly, you don't think so.

So the obvious question is why not?

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

And clearly, you don't think so.

So the obvious question is why not?

I've already answered that.