• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Maybe you should read the leaked emails 

What’s the point. 

Most of the team owned by billionaires, Arab states or corporates, all do business in a way which is open to interpretation and have the money to take on any football governing body legally. 

Except if you are Saudi or called Amanda who seem to be black balled.  They probably have a better chance of joining their local lodge. :0)

2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

What’s the point. 

Most of the team owned by billionaires, Arab states or corporates, all do business in a way which is open to interpretation and have the money to take on any football governing body legally. 

Except if you are Saudi or called Amanda who seem to be black balled.  They probably have a better chance of joining their local lodge. :0)

Well of course Saudi were blackballed from the club.
The Premier league gets big bucks from BeIN (Qatar) which has PL broadcasting rights across the ME.  Saudi supports a domestic broadcaster which simply steals the BeIN feed and re-broadcasts.  We are not talking about a naughty internet operator here, this is a full scale Saudi TV channel.

The Prem have a legitimate interest in restricting ownership from countries deliberately sponsoring businesses stealing from the Prem.  No court challenge would overrule that.

While there are clearly accounting issues with what City are doing, the key thing is that the owners are pushing money into the club, not taking it out of the club.
Most of the relevant UK laws on tax and on accounting are designed to avoid owners taking profits out before they are taxed and before they are shared with minority shareholders.  Putting taxable income into a club is unusual to say the least!  The result is more tax for the UK tax man!!
The big loser in terms of tax here is Abu Dhabi since Etihad's "marketing expenses" will cut their domestic tax bill.  Somehow I can't see the Abu Dhabi tax authorities getting involved.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ham said:

Potentially huge for the ADFC scum;

I’m one of few who actually think City is a scummy club and I was delighted that we won the CL. Yea of course because it was the CL. But also because it was against City. 

there's only two other clubs I get so much pleasure winning against - Liverpool and Barcelona. 

paulw66   
12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I’m one of few who actually think City is a scummy club and I was delighted that we won the CL. Yea of course because it was the CL. But also because it was against City. 

there's only two other clubs I get so much pleasure winning against - Liverpool and Barcelona. 

The odd thing is, if you talk to the average Joe on the street, they tend to have more of an issue with Chelsea than City for buying success, despite the fact that for the last 10 years or so, we have been largely self sufficient. Sure, the first 8 or 9 years, RA spent far more than hat we were bringing in, but the model eventually changed once the platform was put in place. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The odd thing is, if you talk to the average Joe on the street, they tend to have more of an issue with Chelsea than City for buying success, despite the fact that for the last 10 years or so, we have been largely self sufficient. Sure, the first 8 or 9 years, RA spent far more than hat we were bringing in, but the model eventually changed once the platform was put in place. 

I think that's in part due to the campaign in the British Press  happy to attack a Jewish owned company but absolutely terrified of attacking one owned by Muslims less they offend someone. You rarely hear anything negative about City in the press , even this recent story is barely making a ripple whereas they could make a negative out of any story regarding Chelsea and frequently do . It seems City find themselves in the same category as Liverpool who for different reasons (nobody wants a bricked window) get away with , literal murder.

bert19   
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

As far as I can tell, Roman's aim was always to have Chelsea run as a largely self-sufficient business that he would occasionally invest some of his own cash in when the mood suited him or he saw an opportunity in the market (like last summer/now).  

The difference in how the British press (including the usually gentle BBC) treat and present him and any suspicions of wrong-doing compared to the owners of Man City is really interesting though.  I read an article a couple of years ago that described the alleged practices of people close to City's owners, including a mention of torture of a business rival and nothing is ever said in the mainstream. It's all a bit odd. 

I'm sort of guessing we get it worse at Chelsea because we were the first to get investment that broke the United/Arsenal duopoly on the PL title and we're basically seen as the complete opposite of the media's beloved Scousers and I'm sure Mourinho's antics never helped.  But the general overlooking of good things Roman and his people do and have done and the constant bluff around other owners is a bit odd. 

paulw66   
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's in part due to the campaign in the British Press  happy to attack a Jewish owned company but absolutely terrified of attacking one owned by Muslims less they offend someone. You rarely hear anything negative about City in the press , even this recent story is barely making a ripple whereas they could make a negative out of any story regarding Chelsea and frequently do . It seems City find themselves in the same category as Liverpool who for different reasons (nobody wants a bricked window) get away with , literal murder.

That's probably a fairly accurate assessment. 

Going slightly off topic, but on similar lines, can you imagine the UK government insisting on vaccine passports in order to attend a mosque? 

For various reasons, I feel vaccine passports wont take off, and one of the key factors will be not wanting to offend certain minorities who don't wish to be vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's in part due to the campaign in the British Press  happy to attack a Jewish owned company but absolutely terrified of attacking one owned by Muslims less they offend someone.

Absolute Tosh

JT leaves villa which I assume is an amicable decision and probably due to JT being honest and saying if a managers job offer was presented he would jump ship.