• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's in part due to the campaign in the British Press  happy to attack a Jewish owned company but absolutely terrified of attacking one owned by Muslims less they offend someone. You rarely hear anything negative about City in the press , even this recent story is barely making a ripple whereas they could make a negative out of any story regarding Chelsea and frequently do . It seems City find themselves in the same category as Liverpool who for different reasons (nobody wants a bricked window) get away with , literal murder.

???  You mean like reporting on Palestine?  
For once I agree with RobertoF the Giz.  Absolute tosh.

City's favoured status is part of the huge media preference for the Gulf states and Israel over the other ME states.  This in turn comes from the massive PR spending of the Gulf states and the goals of Nato countries including UK in their various ME schemes.  A hack's career is threatened much more by taking the wrong line in say Syria vs Saudi than it is in domestic race politics.
It is Abu Dhabi vs Russia, not Muslim versus jew.

People, can we please try to remember that this is supposed to be a football forum, for Chelsea fans who wish to  discuss their  team. It isn't now, and never has been a political forum. Let's at least try to keep it that way. Anymore of this nonsense and somebody will be on their way out of here. Thank you.

Ham   
36 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

People, can we please try to remember that this is supposed to be a football forum, for Chelsea fans who wish to  discuss their  team. It isn't now, and never has been a political forum. Let's at least try to keep it that way. Anymore of this nonsense and somebody will be on their way out of here. Thank you.

To be fair Michael, on this occasion, I think the discussion was about the perceptions of why City get far less flack than Chelsea. It was an attempt to understand why one was good and one was bad. Maybe the answer is political. 

chara   
11 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair Michael, on this occasion, I think the discussion was about the perceptions of why City get far less flack than Chelsea. It was an attempt to understand why one was good and one was bad. Maybe the answer is political. 

Agree with Ham...it seems the media "lurve" Citeh because they play "great football" and have a Sainted figure..in football terms...as coach..who .can do no wrong..(the ECup was an abberation..puzzle)..a modest  (not as I remember Joe's Citeh) club risen from the ashes and how great it is for "The Game" with all that investment in all that is good in the game...as opposed to Chelsea...ghastly "newcomers" risen above their station by inferior money and not really been around long enough to deserve a place at the top table..funny was just looking at some old photos of Chelsea players who went off to the "War to end all Wars"....must be a mistake...no history of course......

Flinkers   
24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Or maybe it's just due to public perception - on the one hand a billionaire spending money accrued at a time when things in Russia were decidedly dodgy; on the other a Middle Eastern country investing the returns on a naturally occurring resource.

Edited by Flinkers

chara   
12 minutes ago, Flinkers said:

Or maybe it's just due to public perception - on the one hand a billionaire spending money accrued at a time when things in Russia were decidedly dodgy; on the other a Middle Eastern country investing the returns on a naturally occurring resource.

A thinking man's reply...but..the public perception is fashioned by...the media...do you really think the braincells that attack team/fan coaches...semi rioted at OT and Wembley actually think any political considerations through? (Don't even go anywhere near Hillsborough)

The tribal factor comes first any any "idea" is grafted on to justify at best.

Although there are occasions when things on here get a little "edgy" the view points are usually honest and believed rather than a brainwashed "idea".

Any criticism I have of a Chelsea player or any other player is my view and has nothing to do with race or perceived social or political reportings regarding the player..(or club)

The Media?..a disgrace.........

chara   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

JT leaves villa which I assume is an amicable decision and probably due to JT being honest and saying if a managers job offer was presented he would jump ship.

Just read the BBC report......seems a bit strange...I can agree with the above but is there a little bit more to this story?

Like all here I wish JT all the best wherever he lands but why would he..or anyone... not stay employed until an offer came his way?

Appreciate JT probably isn't as reliant on a pay check as most of us but the "spend time with the family" line is usually a get out from sacked managers..and JT doesn't seem to be in that catagory.

Any views or ideas?

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Just read the BBC report......seems a bit strange...I can agree with the above but is there a little bit more to this story?

Like all here I wish JT all the best wherever he lands but why would he..or anyone... not stay employed until an offer came his way?

Appreciate JT probably isn't as reliant on a pay check as most of us but the "spend time with the family" line is usually a get out from sacked managers..and JT doesn't seem to be in that catagory.

Any views or ideas?

Going to a job where the current manager hasn't been sacked yet would explain it.

chara   
26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Going to a job where the current manager hasn't been sacked yet would explain it.

And that would be..?

Read the DM silly list...along with the "comments"...makes me fear for the future!....even at low points on here the argument level is so far above the dm reader (?) comments one wonders .......

14 minutes ago, chara said:

And that would be..?

Read the DM silly list...along with the "comments"...makes me fear for the future!....even at low points on here the argument level is so far above the dm reader (?) comments one wonders .......

Well quite - that would be somewhere we don't know about of course.  
Other ideas might be No 2 to Vieira.  Which might upset a few Arsenal fans!

The DM doesn't "moderate" or censor comments on its stories (or at least lets a lot go).  That is I guess a pity if you are looking for some nice safe replies.  On the other hand if you are looking to find topics where many many people disagree with the official narrative, the DM comments is the best place to check them out.