• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

I went on a half day quad bike safari once in Cape Verde across all sorts of terrain and at times it was terrifying trying to keep up with the leader. 

His little brother posted the following comment on social media last week :

'quads were flipped, ferries were missed, new taste buds were explored and injuries were common. Worth it!!!' 

How awful.

Ham   
40 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

His little brother posted the following comment on social media last week :

'quads were flipped, ferries were missed, new taste buds were explored and injuries were common. Worth it!!!' 

How awful.

How prophetic 

Just horrendous for Michael Ballack and his family. 😔

I’ve been on a quad bike up a mountain. On the way, while getting used to the controls I accidentally hit the accelerator instead of brake and absolutely flew. I slammed on the brakes and came within an inch (no exaggeration) of slamming into another bike. Once I got used to the controls and speed I had an amazing and fun experience but these machines are powerful and can accelerate very quickly. And as there is no protection (eg a safety cage) if they flip as seems to have happened in this awful incident, these terrible tragedies can happen. 

• Sad 1

Awful news. So sad for Michael and his family.  Imagine seeing you child crushed on the driveway by the quad you bought him 😥

The family must be absolutely distressed. 

McNulty is absolutely deranged. That first line ... So far this summer we've signed a free 3rd choice keeper, and even once we make a signing or two we'll still be one of a few clubs, including Liverpool, who has spent hundreds of millions of pounds in the last few years. 

Bizarre.

Screenshot_20210811-153407_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sciatika   

McNulty writes things that LFC/MUFC fans like to hear. It might be written into his contract or he sees it the way IT people used to see IBM (you can't be sacked for buying IBM). MU fans like to think they are spending lots of money because of the ownership/investment situation. They genuinely believe that are entitled to spend as much money as they like. LFC fans like to think of themselves as a "family club" punching above their weight. That first sentence speaks to their mental condition.

bert19   
6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

McNulty writes things that LFC/MUFC fans like to hear. It might be written into his contract or he sees it the way IT people used to see IBM (you can't be sacked for buying IBM). MU fans like to think they are spending lots of money because of the ownership/investment situation. They genuinely believe that are entitled to spend as much money as they like. LFC fans like to think of themselves as a "family club" punching above their weight. That first sentence speaks to their mental condition.

Add to that the fact that they're "old money" so it didn't matter when they'd stockpile talent in the old days, or buy promising players to stop anyone else having them because it's been happening for so long that it's just the way things are done. 

When Chelsea and then later City & PSG started attracting the same talent pool, just simply outbidding them or out-achieving these clubs by improving their own players to the point that a JT or Phil Foden wasn't interested in moving to United or Liverpool, it became an issue because it wasn't the way things worked before and they had to get themselves ahead of the pack in terms of scouting and putting greater funds into it. 

It must have irked Liverpool SO much when Fernando Torres told them he thought he had a much bigger chance of winning trophies with Chelsea than them.  Because they assumed that our players aspired to playing for them, not the other way round. 

Anyone that clings on to that "well they were a great side" and the History argument is a deluded idiot.  But I feel like I may be preaching to the choir by pointing that out.  

3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Add to that the fact that they're "old money" so it didn't matter when they'd stockpile talent in the old days, or buy promising players to stop anyone else having them because it's been happening for so long that it's just the way things are done. 

When Chelsea and then later City & PSG started attracting the same talent pool, just simply outbidding them or out-achieving these clubs by improving their own players to the point that a JT or Phil Foden wasn't interested in moving to United or Liverpool, it became an issue because it wasn't the way things worked before and they had to get themselves ahead of the pack in terms of scouting and putting greater funds into it. 

It must have irked Liverpool SO much when Fernando Torres told them he thought he had a much bigger chance of winning trophies with Chelsea than them.  Because they assumed that our players aspired to playing for them, not the other way round. 

Anyone that clings on to that "well they were a great side" and the History argument is a deluded idiot.  But I feel like I may be preaching to the choir by pointing that out.  

Not to mention they were the original "plastics" and they were the original club with a sugar daddy behind them ( Littlewoods Pools) it'd would have been like being bankrolled by the National Lottery .