• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Samuel and Holt are the only 2 witers whose column's are worth reading, unlike the vast majority of Chelsea hating morons whose names I won't even bother mentioning.

Samuels article is refreshing. It's also good, I actually enjoy reading his work.

However all he is doing is stating the facts. All he's doing is stepping back and assessing the situation without any bias and on a human level. It's simply the bedrock of what all journalists should possess, yet very few do.

I applaud Samuel (I also respect Oliver Holt) and always have done, a great journo.

John Terry is the last great English centre back. Martin Samuel is the last great English journalist.

And again in todays Mail.

SSN(what the papers say @ 7.30) and the press are having a field-day over our fans chants at Rio yesterday. "It's vile,not wanted,needed",blah,blah,blah.

Have they listened to other matches and their fans? The chants other players get? What about the stick our players get,especially when they play for England.

Selective memory and selective editing.

Alan Green. What a tool.

Spent the entire game berating our support for booing Ferdinand "simply because he is Anton's brother"

Actually, Mr Green, its got nothing to do with that at all. Its because his behaviour in this saga has been disgraceful.

Also from Green - "Steven Gerrard did a very good job of captaining England at the last World Cup". I laughed out loud.

SSN(what the papers say @ 7.30) and the press are having a field-day over our fans chants at Rio yesterday. "It's vile,not wanted,needed",blah,blah,blah.

Have they listened to other matches and their fans? The chants other players get? What about the stick our players get,especially when they play for England.

Selective memory and selective editing.

They accuse us for calling Rio Ferdinand's brother a cvnt. They don't accuse United fans of calling John Terry a racist. The first is an opinion that the media do not like, the second is (currently) simply untrue but the media like it so will ignore it.

It was only brought up because Rio tweeted about it. #attentionseekingsnake.

Stim   

Geez every game I watch I hear "Terry we know what you are" or something to that effect and it NEVER gets mentioned. Maybe I'm just hearing things, but I doubt it. Its become acceptable practice to just boo Terry and no one cares. He just gets on with it anyway

Chrisb   

I put this link on the post match thread too as what is written in it is just plain Man U arse kissing. I'm aware Sky are shareholders in The Scum but even so this pushes the limits imo.

Blockbuster battle | Sky Sports

The way the important aspects of the match such as the two penalty incidents are ignored so that the focus can be switched to Fergie and the saviour of English football, Rooney is disgraceful. How can these "reporters" sit back and think to themselves "Yeah, I wrote an accurate and impartial report there."

Fed up of the media being scared of that sh*t bag Ferguson, it's about time a journo stood up and said "Sod this, I'm gonna stiff Man U and that red nosed tw*t" and wrote an honest and decent match report.

Alan Green. What a tool.

Spent the entire game berating our support for booing Ferdinand "simply because he is Anton's brother"

You'd think he'd never been to a match where an established England professional got booed for 90 minutes. Usually it is two of them.

Alan Green. What a tool.

Actually, Mr Green, its got nothing to do with that at all. Its because his behaviour in this saga has been disgraceful.

Also from Green - "Steven Gerrard did a very good job of captaining England at the last World Cup". I laughed out loud.

All the experts have been sayng how ~captains do not matter in modern footy yet this assertion over how well Gerrard captained the national side show that they actually DOP think it's important. Sadly for their selective memories none of them ave wondered exactly WHY Capello s so damn keen to have JT in the job that doesn't matter(or did until JT lost it and now it's not enough , because it's a trifling thing and he must be ousted from English squad, and then all footy I'm guessing, even befopre guilt has been tried)which is because Engand just tend to win with JT in the job compared to SG or Rio(the man with no shame) Ferdinand where they don't(see SA WC). I find it funny that they now want him out the squad when they were only after him losing the armband previously and there's never any mention that the "affair" with Bridge's "wife"(ex girlfriend who he'd left 200 miles behind earlier isn't the same thing anyway) was another unproven allegation and is used to routinbely shopw how awful JT, the man, has become. The whole thing stinks of Witch hunting and the fact the FA did this on the eve of such a big match, unsettling our club is unsurprising to those of us now left feeling we get the raw end of every dealing we have with the FA and it winds me up when over the past ten years we have been the very BEST FA club. We let Lampard, both Coles, JT and anyone else in the squads(u5 upwards FFS)play whenever called upon without the Utd and Liverpool dealings surrounding their top players. Rooney and Steve G rarely play without being totally fit and even then rarely outside of games like qualifiers or finals. we allow JT and others to play injured at times and get treated like icdiots as a direct result of this soft atitude towards national teams espevially England whi h usually sees our guys routinely booed too-even when Lamps, JT or Ash have been "fans" POTY.

Rooney has often been "injured" midweek for England duty and then managed a Utd game Saturday without reproach and Gerrard's record is myuch the same. When we start standingf up like a big club we might be treated like one-how many players have we lost compared to the norm at international meetings? I dunno but it seems loads to me because we seem to just allow the player and their FA decdie whereas other big clubs don't and the FA treat us like simpletons as a direc t result of this naive approach whle everyone else plays their own games first.,I'd lterally wheel around my home for joy should JT or any Chelsea player decide international football wasn't their game anymore. Sod our FA and sod the whole jingoistic, unhealthy national, Fifa feeding nonsense of international football which is, to my mind, a lot weaker than top club football anyway and always will be.

Sciatika   

How can these "reporters" sit back and think to themselves "Yeah, I wrote an accurate and impartial report there."

Why would you imagine they have any interest in writing an accurate and impartial report. Sky is not about news reporting, it's about making a profit from selling TV coverage of sporting events. SSN is just a TV channel designed to promote the events broadcast on other Sky channels in order to sell them. It is more in their interest to provoke comment than it is about creating fair and impartial reports. By provoking comment, they generate interest. It's a natural reaction. Where there's a commotion, apes will gather around to see what the fuss is about - probably to see if it's a threat. Sky want you to think that if you haven't got a Sky package, you can have no valid opinion because you are not part of the debate. To paraphrase, it's "No Sky, No comment". So, you make your choice and if you buy the package, they make a profit. The same can be said of the sports sections of newspapers and commercial TV/radio coverage. By provoking comment, they increase readership and can charge more for advertising. The BBC is driven by the same need because it labours in an environment where the justification for the licence fee is measured by the number of listeners or viewers they obtain. With the web sites, it's the hit count.

Of course, to have a convincing debate, you have to have consistency of argument. To present too many different opinions becomes noise because it is hard to pick out the threads of the debate. That is why sports reporters get together after every press conference to agree what the party line should be on the issues raised. And the outcome is that the vast majority of sports news is homogeneous and uninteresting, reducing the number of areas of debate to a point where it can be handled by the average moron. It is also in their interest to adopt opinions that suit their estimate of the fanbase of each club. By presenting arguments that appeal to the majority, they reinforce the established prejudices and become more convincing. So, they will generally be positive about Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, who they perceive to be the biggest and less so of others. I think this is why we tend to feel that the media is against us - this and the usual paranoia.

The oddest thing about it is that, for the most part, the subject of these debates is utterly unimportant. It no more matters whether the current offside law works, whether the Man Utd back line is a little less strong this season than last or whether John Terry should be in the England squad than it does who has got themselves a new haircut.