• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The man is one of the most biased and unethical refs this country has ever seen. His performance was appalling that day and this is what he has to say?

”I knew to expect a tirade of abuse from Chelsea supporters, but I was not beating myself up over my performance.”

Anyone with any sense of pride would beat themselves up after such a torrid performance. Only an absolute joke of a professional would walk off that pitch not worrying about their performance. 

Spot on.  That syrup-wearing Muppet was a disgrace. Talking on this game and the battle of the bridge, not a word of remorse.  

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's already admitted to cheating us in the past so no sympathy whatsoever , another power mad , vain , liar , perfect PGMOL employee.

I have mentioned on here before but no apologies for repeating it, if it prevents clicking and buying of the inevitable ‘Explosive And Shocking Revelations’ book. 

This bloke has a very checkered past, personally and in his business life, prior to getting on the PGMOL/UEFA/FIFA gravy train. 

If the personal traits he appeared to show in his life away from football transferred themselves across into football, his performances and apparent lack of an ability to be at least slightly apologetic for handling things poorly - is no surprise. 

He just appears to be a poor quality human being generally.

• Like 1

JaneB   
JaneB   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

I look forward to reading a similar article by Martin Keown on how to stop Aubameyang, although judging how his form has dropped off in recent times, I reckon that advice isn't really needed atm.

3 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

So it was revenge for JT/AF? And after all this time? The man has no class. 

An utter scandal that someone with such a deep grudge and distrust for our players and for us as a club was ever seen as a fit person to take charge of another Chelsea game.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Wouldn't take much for some Tabloid to put a sleazy story on that.  The Housekeeper's son.....
Fortunately TT is one of the Good Guys (at the moment)

30 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

An utter scandal that someone with such a deep grudge and distrust for our players and for us as a club was ever seen as a fit person to take charge of another Chelsea game.

The real scandal is how the media then and ever after called the Spurs game "The battle of the Bridge" as if there was ever anything 2-way about it.

It was a vicious attack by one set of 11 on another supervised by Clattenberg.  It was a disgrace and we should have appealed to the Police to intervene.

• Like 3

Also pathetic that Clattenburg is too thick to see how cynical and calculating Ferguson was in ringing him to show his 'support'. The FA should have charged him for trying to influence an official.

37 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Also pathetic that Clattenburg is too thick to see how cynical and calculating Ferguson was in ringing him to show his 'support'. The FA should have charged him for trying to influence an official.

Was that Clattenburg?  I thougt it was Graham Poll after the 3 card trick.  But it wouldn't surprise if it were both.  Not sure what is worse, that SAF has the direct number of a ref, or that a ref picks up and talks to a PL manager (or director). 
And yes - it is the media most of all that is lacking in failing to call it out.

Sciatika   

Since SAF left the position of manager, Man Utd have had generally worse results. I would like to think that reflects a failing of subsequent managers to perform rather than a lack of referee's direct numbers in their contact list.

Edited by Sciatika

17 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Since SAF left the position of manager, Man Utd have had generally worse results. I would like to think that reflects a failing of subsequent managers to perform rather than a lack of referee's direct numbers in their contact list.

I don't think anyone is suggesting SAF directly bribed or influenced refs.  Just that refs and the PGMOL are unaware of how unprofessional they are.

Of course the real problems for Man U results were the inbuilt expiry date of the squad, the hiring of Moyes as the replacement, and the massive spend on ordinary players soon afterwards.