• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Great to hear and have heard this about patesy from others who have met him.

I had a similar chance encounter with Rob Isaac after having  got on the wrong train after over celebrating a 2-0 win over hull. Another top fella who is also a fan and happily discussed everything from doug rougvie dropping him in it against the crazy gang to the awfulness of the chelsea collection kit and acid house parties!!

I'd be very worried if I found I was on the same wrong train as Rob Isaac!

I'd love to hear the Crazy Gang story.

chara   

Great Post pw.... the Khobar page would have been perfect for it but  wherever it appeared it would be a great addition to OUR Forum..thanks again....

JaneB   
bert19   
1 minute ago, Diddymen said:

I wonder whether he will revisit the re-development plans for the Bridge :)

Honestly, why would he? 

He was set to invest nearly a billion quid into the local economy, creating short, medium and long term jobs and a sustained boost to the local area in terms of the businesses situated close to the Ground and the Government pulled his visa.  I think I'd have done the same thing - especially if I'd been here for 15+ years already spending in the economy and building businesses.  

It's sad for us as fans, but I can't really blame him for putting all of it on an indefinite hold. 

• Like 1

Diddymen   
1 minute ago, bert19 said:

Honestly, why would he? 

He was set to invest nearly a billion quid into the local economy, creating short, medium and long term jobs and a sustained boost to the local area in terms of the businesses situated close to the Ground and the Government pulled his visa.  I think I'd have done the same thing - especially if I'd been here for 15+ years already spending in the economy and building businesses.  

It's sad for us as fans, but I can't really blame him for putting all of it on an indefinite hold. 

good points

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Matthew Syed angry article incoming. 

Don't knock him, he makes a fortune from those pieces.

48 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I wonder whether he will revisit the re-development plans for the Bridge :)

As I recall from reports a few years ago on his Israeli passport, it allows him to visit but not to conduct business for the club.
So I presume all formal business discussion with the board is done over a zoom conference or similar.  
Of course he might be trying to get a sense of the support for all those extra season tickets - so sing up.

45 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Honestly, why would he? 

Well honestly, he wouldn't. And post-covid I suspect most planning departments would demand much more space to allow for entrance and egress with fans not so cramped together.
And I still feel the £billion price tag was more about creating an excuse to back off than an accurate pricing.
For which I wouldn't blame him a bit.

Jasonb   
On 10/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, fillerywhereru said:

I had a similar chance encounter with Rob Isaac after having  got on the wrong train after over celebrating a 2-0 win over hull. Another top fella who is also a fan and happily discussed everything from doug rougvie dropping him in it against the crazy gang to the awfulness of the chelsea collection kit and acid house parties!!

I had never heard of Isaac before this post yet credit to you he played 9 league games for us.

Amazed you would have recgnised him.