• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

More anti Chelsea crap from Ian Ridley on Sunday suppliment today.....TOTALLY horrible little man........

MHL G13   

Rather than having a go at the media today,I'd like to bring to your attention the footballing "expert" otherwise known as Chris Kamara. I know its not Chelsea related but it deserves to be sniggered at.

My link

More anti Chelsea crap from Ian Ridley on Sunday suppliment today.....TOTALLY horrible little man........

He's a Tottenham supporting tit, hopefully we'll shove it up his arrogant jacksie in 2 weeks time, where do they get these morons from?

Had a Chelsea player or manager made the slightly racist "Typical Germans" comment after losing a Champions league tie I’m sure he would be facing a charge and a ban. Instead the press have the phrase plastered all over their back pages.

Ironically the players described as typical Germans were from France, Holland and Croatia.

After Arsenal were battered, rightly so the arrogant little ****ts, all the media were going on and on about how do you stop Messi. Well try asking Guus who managed that feat twice last year before we were dumped out the CL by the usual Platini appointed dumb ass referee. Where is the credit for stopping Barca last season? Seriously the media are really a bunch of eejuts.

After Arsenal were battered, rightly so the arrogant little ****ts, all the media were going on and on about how do you stop Messi. Well try asking Guus who managed that feat twice last year before we were dumped out the CL by the usual Platini appointed dumb ass referee. Where is the credit for stopping Barca last season? Seriously the media are really a bunch of eejuts.

thats a bit unfair on eejuts

What nobody seems to have spotted is that Barca have made a significant change - The Barc team that played us never ever had ore than Eto'o in the box. The rest were held back, dribbling their way up to the box or ready to win teh ball back whenever they lost it. The press was obsessed with the contrast between beautiful Barca and ugly Chelsea that they failed to notice that we had more chances in both games through the simple expedient of getting players into the box.

This season Messi is frequently seen as the second striker - which of course is why he is getting so man goals - he is getting into the box a lot. It is not disimilar to the change in Ronaldo that saw him score so many in his penultimate Man U year.

Sciatika   

The other thing I picked up on was a bizarre article in The Guardian blaming the rumours about the impending departure of Martin O'Neal on the rants of a few people on the VillaTalk fans forum.

http://www.guardian....castle-internet

All it took was a post beginning: "I don't know if this is true but ..." on VillaTalk for the rumour to develop "legs" long enough to ensure its replication on national radio stations and newspaper websites.

Isn't it about time that journalists and papers took a bit of responsibility for the stuff they publish rather than blame it on other people?

At least it proves to me what I have long thought. The process of news reporting in this country has regressed to the point where journalists simply do a web search and regugitate the "stories" they find with little or no validation or, in many cases, accreditation. Hopefully, CAF/ATE will allow more people to sue them for libel.

Anyway, the important thing to get out of this is that each and every poster on this web site and any other has to take responsibity for the posts they make. The journalists are reading this.

Also, it seems that Ashley Cole is going to the law over the allegations made in the NOTW, MOS and Sun/SunOnline in various different cases (some on substance, others on rights of privacy). His mum is also going after Reveal magazine on substance. It seems he is using also CAF/ATE. I am not sure I approve of that. He has the right I suppose, but I worry that if rich people start using it, it will lose it credibility with the general public.

Sciatika   

Sorry that should be CFA/ATE. CFA is a conditional fee agreement (I.e. no win-no fee). ATE is an insurance that can be taken to offset expenses in the event that you lose. The premium for the insurance can be added to the costs that the loser has to bear. I'm no expert, but my understanding is that you can pursue a claim in court where, if you lose, there is no fee and only a premium (still potentially £1000s) to pay to cover court costs making the financial risk much lower. Libel has always been a very expensive claim to pursue in this country. The idea is that the less well-heeled can afford to take papers, etc. to court.