• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

^ From the Mail piece.

3 or 4 months later the Mail pull out a story like that. What total bollocks.

And as if Benitez of all the people in the world, could slag off a team who had just won the CL. What's his claim to fame?

As for - "we've only got Hazard for Kalou and Torres for Drogba now" - I'd love to hear what the boys thought of that.

Codger   

Quite spectacular.

It's gossip. Clearly it's been fed to the Mail by one of the recently departed. If it weren't, there might have been some mention in there of what Frank Lampard thought of someone trying to have a dig at Terry in Spanish.

I'm all for journos being called out, but the are more people who swallow it and use it than there are those who are prepared to try and correct their mistakes.

Yes, it's usually the case that you get the media you deserve. It never ceases to amaze me that people in general, and football fans in particular, criticise the media for its clear bias and deceitful inventions, but still hang off their every utterance when it suits (see: the transfer thread). If people stopped buying the rags/subscribing to their web sites, didn't react to their 'stories' on forums like this, and in the meantime hounded the worst offenders (and their editors) via email/letters etc., whenever they published complete bollocks, the media would have to change the way it operates, or go out of business.

'The people' won't do it of course, because they love being aroused by the latest piece of gossip (particularly if it implicates/damages another club's star player); love being 'outraged' by whatever bollocks is being said about one of their own, and can't live without the latest mindless (and mostly baseless) transfer rumour. The media live off lies and fantasies, and 'The People' lap it up whilst complaining bitterly.

Embarrassed to admit that at times, I'm one of those 'People'. Human nature, I guess.

Siven   

^ From the Mail piece.

3 or 4 months later the Mail pull out a story like that. What total bollocks.

And as if Benitez of all the people in the world, could slag off a team who had just won the CL. What's his claim to fame?

As for - "we've only got Hazard for Kalou and Torres for Drogba now" - I'd love to hear what the boys thought of that.

I don't know... winning the CL himself in one of the greatest comebacks in a major final ever?

That story is crap, it never happened. That would have been a gigantic story had it been true.

middxguy   

The Spanish press are really going into overdrive against Jose. Just came across this example.

"Abramovich is not giving in to the wishes of Mou.

Jose Mourinho is starting to create conflicts at Chelsea. In addition to requesting the transfer of Fernando Torres and, amazingly, Juan Mata (voted player of the season by Chelsea fans and candidate for Premier League player of the year), now he has asked Roman Abramovich for the head of the technical director, Michael Emenaldo."

They're obviously very bitter over there. No doubt Real Madrid want to destabilise the club as much as possible in anticipation of eventual Champions League matches next year. Also the more they can paint a bad picture, the more they think they can beat us in the transfer market e.g. competing for Cavani.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130610/Abramovich-no-cede-a-los-deseos-de-mou_54375502193.html

hanuma   

The Spanish press are really going into overdrive against Jose. Just came across this example.

"Abramovich is not giving in to the wishes of Mou.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130610/Abramovich-no-cede-a-los-deseos-de-mou_54375502193.html

I think his more subdued approach today is because he knows this tide of bullshit is going to follow him, that the press are going to attack him and the club with everything they have right from the off and that he must appear rational in the face of an irrational, reactionary campaign against him and his meritocratic idealism. Whereas before he needed to create in order to get the attention away from his players, now the attention is already on him, and there will be nothing more frustrating for the media than an unflappable Jose. Unswannable.

Codger   

It's gossip. Clearly it's been fed to the Mail by one of the recently departed. If it weren't, there might have been some mention in there of what Frank Lampard thought of someone trying to have a dig at Terry in Spanish.

I've had the above confirmed by a good source today, one that that also says it was Benitez who circulated the Emenalo resignation rumours.

Apologies for quoting and responding to my own comments.

I've had the above confirmed by a good source today, one that that also says it was Benitez who circulated the Emenalo resignation rumours.

If true, then there would be a high probability that Emenalo would have been informed of it by Benitez or even might have been behind it in the first instance.

My own belief is that Emenalo may well have offered his resignation, in full knowledge he had a job lined up should it be accepted and a pay-off in his pocket, plus he is made to appear to be the one falling on the sword. I think that maybe the club have called his bluff.

Jose and Emenalo's relationship will be interesting to watch developing or otherwise, I will be personally surprised if Emenalo lasts beyond the end of the coming season.

Clearly it's been fed to the Mail by one of the recently departed.

Apologies for quoting and responding to my own comments.

Amin Affane, Yossi Benayoun, Abdul Deen-Conteh, Paulo Ferreira, Hilario, Florent Malouda, Archange Nkumu, Ross Turnbull?

Benitez?

Bit of an aside, but I take it that Frank Lampard speaks Spanish then. Or have I misunderstood? I can see why he'd have had cause to pick a bit of the lingo up ...

Is there anything that man can't do?!