Forum Administrator

Media / Press

8,045 posts in this topic

The only trouble is, what are we going to wrap our fish and chips in..?

C'mon Shelly, you can't use that old excuse. Fish & Chips can't be sold in newspaper any longer. You can only use it in the bottom of the parrots cage on or to wipe your ars* on.

My impression is that the press are up in arms when someone gets or attempts to get, a gagging order, it seems you can do more or less what you want but if, god forbid, you want to keep it secret, then they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

That is part of it. But the gagging order created a way for papers to write about scandal without actually making the claim themselves. That made3 it open season for all, and they didn't even have to give credit to the NOTW for breaking the story. Similarly many were able to write that "the judges mention of the affair and its consequences has got many speculation that the consequences were an abortion.

Indeed, given the pathetic amount of source material garnered by the NOTW, I suspect that the gagging order brought the story forward, and without it the NOTW may never have found enough evidence to break it as a sex story rather than a court case story.

Maybe NOTW have lots of proof, but they can't use it because it was obtained through illegal means (such as phone tapping, hacking etc).

News of the World - we don't REPORT the news, we CREATE it.

That would fit with what I just said.

Can I just extend this beyond the media, and please, quote me on this.

GERRY SUTCLIFFE MP IS A MASSIVE, MASSIVE C**T

Tosser has a huge vendetta against this club.

I agree, a mobile soundbite in search of a medium

He's only a medium trougher on expenses I'm afraid... still a standard New Labour drone thou

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/gerry_sutcliffe/bradford_south

The sad thing about both the media and the footballing public is that they prefer their righteous indignation to possibly winning the World Cup.

Conspiracy thoughts . . .

Tom Crone, News of the World legal manager said,"Gagging orders like the one sought by John Terry have been granted to numerous other Premier league footballers and assorted celebrities. Hopefully today's victory by the News of the World will lead to a fundamental reassessment of our ­draconian privacy laws"

Note the original injunction was granted a week previously and if the NOTW had won then the story would have run then sadly for JT's family they appear to have been the 1st footballer/ celeb to have a injunction overturned, and the Murdochs Sunday rag did sadly did what it has always done, trash people in the name of errr defending the peoples right to know.

However two sections of media that has run with it consistently have been the BBC and the Mail almost hysterically, sorry make that actually hysterically , way beyond what the story merited .

The Beeb radio in particular, main news/sports news on the hour/half hour every guest every presenter, I thought this odd until I noticed what main news event on Friday was until the JT story took over and would have been the main weekend talking point, Blairs Iraq evidence at the Chilcot enquiry,

The BBC has a much commented left wing bias and Dacre editor of the Mail is personal friend of one G Brown. an opportunity seen and made use of with the result Blair was off the radar

Just a thought !

Conspiracy thoughts . . .

However two sections of media that has run with it consistently have been the BBC and the Mail almost hysterically, sorry make that actually hysterically , way beyond what the story merited .

The Beeb radio in particular, main news/sports news on the hour/half hour every guest every presenter, I thought this odd until I noticed what main news event on Friday was until the JT story took over and would have been the main weekend talking point, Blairs Iraq evidence at the Chilcot enquiry,

The BBC has a much commented left wing bias and Dacre editor of the Mail is personal friend of one G Brown. an opportunity seen and made use of with the result Blair was off the radar

Just a thought !

Have to agree with the above in fact this ticks all the mail and bbc boxes -Anti Chelsea,Anti man-persecuted sisterhood just waiting for the old hag Harman to pipe up that all teams must have a moral guardian to prevent serial cheating!! Old Teflon Blair must be rubbing his hands together along with his greedy wife.

The mail even had a sympathetic piece on WAGS-unheard of normally it's an attack on their shallow culture. No mention that it takes 2 to Tango and that 'if'' Bridge's ex got pregnant she might have done it on purpose!!! Actually for once BBC breakfast has given more time to football than more approved lady friendly sports like Tennis-anyone else noticed that Rugby and football news get pushed to the end of the sports slot and shortened.

Actually the thing that get's me about the press is not Terry related it's the increasing tendency (along with the TV and radio) to turn each match into some kind of WWF grudge match by misquoting/selective quoting. For instance I expect a 'Lampard/Terry/Cech/Ballack says that Arsenal are out of the title race/too weak etc etc Fabregas-Chelsea play long ball etc etc

And of course Sky with their 'Clash of the Titans' or 'Judgement sunday' etc stir it all up and then when something bad comes out of it-eg player incidents or crowd violence they take a massive step backwards. Of course they can even create incidents like the Drogba 'rant' by broadcasting something that happened during a break.

Also each league match is treated like it's season defining rather than one of 38 no point in reading papers or watching TV today because 'Chelsea have let United back in' or 'are feeling the pressure due to United/Terrygate' of course had we undeservedly won last night it would all have been ok and they would keep chipping away.

Actually I hope that JT imposes a media ban of his own or the team does should they win something this season-would say the same about England but lets face it that aint gonna happen.

AS well said by someone else we know where the press sit at the Bridge-Balti Pies at the ready :-)

why does chelsea tv bother screening paper view, they are just giving them more coverage of the rubbish that they spout.

Sums it up really

Whether or not this story breaking the same day Blair was at the Chilcot Inquiry is coincidental, the hysteria since is ridiculous and laced in double standards. As a work colleague said, the only way to get the real story is read from the last paragraph up. The most ludicrous point made was roughly, "Capello is Catholic, therefore he won't tolerate this"