• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Perhaps also shyness or nerves. It is daunting trying to speak the native language when you've just arrived in a new country, worrying about making yourself look silly or being mis-understood. Look at Pocchettino. Didn't say a word in English when he arrived but it turned out his English is pretty reasonable.

Oh, definitely. I suspect he's very guarded, especially given how he's been carved out as a diving ballboy abuser in England after years of being seen as above any indiscretion in France. I just doubt he spoke fluent English on arrival, as claimed in the piece DLU linked to.

Another thing I noticed with the media recently is how our recent good run has caused them to go a touch quiet on the following:

- We were wrong to loan out Lukaku.

- Jose is wrong to pick Mata all the time

- Jose has lost his "spark"

Whether you agree or disagree with any or all of the above, they were churned out pretty regularly a few weeks ago and now you hear none of it.

Yeah, but now the 'joyless victory' brigade are out in force. Some knobhead on the BT Sport website was banging on about how dull and efficient we are on Saturday and I've seen similar elsewhere. There's always some complaint to be made.

DLU   

Oh, definitely. I suspect he's very guarded, especially given how he's been carved out as a diving ballboy abuser in England after years of being seen as above any indiscretion in France. I just doubt he spoke fluent English on arrival, as claimed in the piece DLU linked to.

Yeah, but now the 'joyless victory' brigade are out in force. Some knobhead on the BT Sport website was banging on about how dull and efficient we are on Saturday and I've seen similar elsewhere. There's always some complaint to be made.

Indeed it seems like there are a few Chelsea supporters and even more haters who will say we're not good enough unless we win every game 5-0...

If they like us better conceding three goals to Stoke than they do beating Hull 2-0...then good riddance to them.

paulw66   

To be fair you could say the same on this forum . (Rightly or wrongly).

This is very true!

I guess that comes with the territory. If we dont win, the wheels are coming off, if we do win, we're boring.

Indeed it seems like there are a few Chelsea supporters and even more haters who will say we're not good enough unless we win every game 5-0...

Abolsutely. The Stoke and Hull away games are a great comparison.

I don't really care if we're playing dull football, atleast we're getting results. No point in playing an open game if you're conceding left and right.

It's been years since I've seen Chelsea this solid.

Diddymen   

I don't really care if we're playing dull football, atleast we're getting results. No point in playing an open game if you're conceding left and right.

It's been years since I've seen Chelsea this solid.

Left, right and chelsea. ;)

yep, coats' on already

Andyn   

Dull and efficient is good , especially away from home . Id take that as a compliment from the knobhead!

Flinkers   

I don't mind winning dull (if that's what an efficient, controlled performance is for the Fourth Estate).

What I can't stand is when we play completely within ourselves, or just go through the motions against opponents we should be dominating, and then lose.

Edited by Flinkers

Clever Sterling winning a penalty against Stoke, if only our players were that "clever". Utter bollocks from Neville and Carragher on MNF.