• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Andyn   

I try not to think of myself as a paranoid sort either, but I can't help but notice an eager willingness from both Sky and BBC to attach fairly weighty words to our players ("diver"), whilst players from most other clubs get protected ("a soft penalty", "went down easily" etc). MOTD's treatement of Oscar after the Stoke game last season bordered on disgraceful.

RDM and stuart pearce neither of them could decide if it was a penalty or not , both saying they would expect the striker to go down in that situation anyway.(goals on sunday). Starting to wonder now how much time do clubs spend on the training pitch on the art of diving . Oh and feigning injury rolling around etc .

Ex pros opinions on diving generally differ hugely from your average football fan. That's why I would like to see more non players as pundits, people that aren't frightened to call players on these "50/50" dives without the spectre of their past indiscretions waiting to embarrass them.

Blatant dive obviously, the difference in the way these incidents are reported is hilarious/depressing.

Suarez dive was every bit as disgraceful as Oscar or Ramires dives.

This will never stop or get better until we start penalising dives proportionally.

3 game ban on the spot. Give it a few months and the problem is gone.

Stim   

3 game ban on the spot. Give it a few months and the problem is gone.

Based on the reaction either this solution would end in chelsea player bans and no one else. The clamoring to try and make suarez' not look like a dive is pathetic.

Some of the **** Tyler and Neville were spouting today had me tearing my hair out, especially in the second half when we were cruising. Slagging our loans off, bringing up Lukaku despite Eto'o scoring a hat trick, laughing at us protesting a United dive by saying we have a fair few that like to fall over then picking on Hazard specifically...I could go on.

Chrisb   

Some of the **** Tyler and Neville were spouting today had me tearing my hair out, especially in the second half when we were cruising. Slagging our loans off, bringing up Lukaku despite Eto'o scoring a hat trick, laughing at us protesting a United dive by saying we have a fair few that like to fall over then picking on Hazard specifically...I could go on.

Very true. It's at times like those that the mute button comes in very handy!!!

I usually like Neville but earlier in the season him and a few others were absolutely hammering our strikers saying we can't win the league because of them and they are not clinical enough to win the big games. There were constant comparisons with Lukaku saying our strikers have scored zero and he has 7 ect ect and without a doubt they had a point. Now after a match winning goal against Liverpool and a hat trick against his beloved United he gave no praise to Eto'o who he had been very harsh on in particular saying he was basically passed it. I would like to see a comparison of our strikers last 10 games vs Lukaku now.

I usually like Neville but earlier in the season him and a few others were absolutely hammering our strikers saying we can't win the league because of them and they are not clinical enough to win the big games. There were constant comparisons with Lukaku saying our strikers have scored zero and he has 7 ect ect and without a doubt they had a point. Now after a match winning goal against Liverpool and a hat trick against his beloved United he gave no praise to Eto'o who he had been very harsh on in particular saying he was basically passed it. I would like to see a comparison of our strikers last 10 games vs Lukaku now.

bang on, and on your first point, didn't torres score in our win over city? and eto'o just scored a hat trick against united... I mean come on.

it is really cartoonish when you watch games now

Andyn   

I know what your saying which is fair enough , however I agree with neville in that if we had a top striker from the start this season , we would be top of the prem and very difficult to stop. Just my opinion.

Yes I think the point Neville originally tried to make was basically correct. Nice that Etoo, Ba or Torres scores against Utd or City etc but you need there goals when we are labouring away at West Brom or Sunderland etc

Re the Suarez penalty I tend to be a bit over defensive sometimes re media reaction but I do feel that Suarez is currently being rebranded as such by the media from lowest of the low to committed hard done by slightly wayward genius. Luckily we haven't forgotten how low he really is. And his team wont be getting anywhere near winning the league this season.