• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

paulw66   

^ I watched WBA-Everton last night and I thought that Lukaku was very ordinary.

I do wonder if he is being managed as well at Everton as he was at WBA in terms of workload. He plays week in week out for Everton (a new experience for him at this level of intensity) whereas Clarke used Lukaku sparingly, often as a sub. Will be interesting to see if Lukaku picks up again if and when Everton get hold of another striker

^ I watched WBA-Everton last night and I thought that Lukaku was very ordinary.

Me too.

I watched him a few weeks ago too and he was then too.

Still it makes for a nice stick to hit us with doesn't it?

Suarez is being rebranded, but only because building him up to knock him down is a sure thing. Everyone knows the difference between a changed man and a bomb that just hasn't gone off yet.

QFT.

There was another incident in that game where he won a free kick by stepping across a defender who was in the process of clearing the ball. I know some who would praise him for taking a knock in order to gain an advantage, but it is still cheating and more proof that the refs really don't have a clue what they are doing.

when he came on at the end of the BM match when leading 2-1 he was absolutely lost and I suspect that was the point his loan fate was sealed

.I expect they are watching for his 'manning up' for the big games before taking him back.

I heard on this morning news about Collymore and the death threats, racist tweets etc. The report studiously avoided saying they came from Liverpool fans and seemed to be blaming Twitter for the messages.

This BBC report is similar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25838114

Did they report the death threats Frisk allegedly received in the same way?

I heard on this morning news about Collymore and the death threats, racist tweets etc. The report studiously avoided saying they came from Liverpool fans and seemed to be blaming Twitter for the messages.

This BBC report is similar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25838114

Did they report the death threats Frisk allegedly received in the same way?

This of course is one reason why there is so much pro-liverpool bias in the media. It simply is too much hassle to go through to be neutral.

God knows what it is going to be like if Man U become a victims club of nonentity. Still I guess their fans will find it a lot easier to switch, after all Liverpool fans could only credibly be a fan of Everton, but Man U fans could be credibly fans of anyone bar City.

Actually I just checked the bbc article re Frisk and Chelsea fans were not mentioned specifically (surprisingly) however in the papers they were and the Liverpool fans are not so whilst there is often a bias from the BBC in this case they are treating them the same as they did us.

But I think Jason Cundys point his been well and truly proven to be true.

Actually I just checked the bbc article re Frisk and Chelsea fans were not mentioned specifically (surprisingly) however in the papers they were and the Liverpool fans are not so whilst there is often a bias from the BBC in this case they are treating them the same as they did us.

But I think Jason Cundys point his been well and truly proven to be true.

Interesting. Pleased so see the BBC did not report that nonsense Frisk story the way the press did- and do to this day.

Anyway - the Anelka/ quenelle story has been all over the press this week, and the Guardian's Daniel Taylor had this to say on the subject of how clubs need to condemn racist conduct from their players:

A time will surely come when a Premier League club breaks free and acknowledges there is a bigger picture – and more to play for than just league points. But Liverpool did not manage it when Luis Suárez racially abused Patrice Evra and the decision-makers at Anfield tried every last desperate measure to portray him as the victim. Chelsea's admission that John Terry had acted abominably towards Anton Ferdinand came far too late and now we have these bland statements from West Brom and the impression, certainly to begin with, that they did not understand the seriousness of the matter, and their first concern was whether Anelka could still be selected.

So that's Liverpool, Chelsea and WBA condemned. And yet strangely silent over the biggest club in the country who (to my knowledge) said and did nothing when one of their most high-profile players condones and retweets the racial abuses of an England team-mate.

Daniel Taylor has form.

SC stated the abuse started because he said Suarez dived (and he confirmed he still thought that he did) and whilst on air during the conversation he received even more abuse. It was fairly clear the abuse was from Liverpool supporters