• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

The Guardian on Collymore's death threats and racial abuse:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/22/stan-collymore-attacks-twitter-abusive-tweets

No mention of Liverpool supporters.

The Guardian on Frisk's death threats:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/mar/13/football.deniscampbell

I'm off!Top referee Anders Frisk quits after death threats from Chelsea supporters
But yesterday's sudden retirement by one of the world's top referees after receiving death threats from Chelsea supporters leaves the task of keeping order in the increasingly ugly 'beautiful game' bordering on anarchy

The respected 42-year-old Swede made the dramatic announcement after he and his family were inundated with threats from followers of the London club who had been victimising them ever since he refereed their Champions' League game in Barcelona in February.

The threats, most of which had come from England, 'unfortunately' included direct threats to his life, Frisk said. He identified Chelsea fans - who were upset that he had sent off their star striker Didier Drogba - as the chief tormentors, and added that some threats had come from Chelsea supporters in other countries.

The Chelsea fans' persecution of Frisk echoes the harassment of the Swiss referee, Urs Meier, by England fans at last year's Euro 2004

The vilification of Frisk marks a new low point for the reputation of English fans

So this was worse than Heysel?

The Guardian - for unbiased football coverage.

Holymoly   

Starting to get totally hacked off with the BBC's nightly coverage on the national news about the fall of United. United losing the league by losing to us, United losing out in the Capital One Cup, United fans calling 999, Uniteds hope in Juan Mata.

FFS. The league has 20 teams in it and Chelsea beat just another team with little difficulty. Well done Chelsea rather than woe is United I would have preferred. Sunderland beating United over two legs after they totally bottled the penalty shootout in front of their own fans. Well done Sunderland surely? If it was a Chelsea fan calling emergency services there would have been widespread condemnation but instead there was almost vindication of his actions on the BBC and elsewhere. As for Mata? Paying £37/40m for a substitute who isn't even first choice in his national side. Well done Chelsea for totally screwing United for a player they don't actually need themselves.

Up here in Scotland you get the same thing. When they go to the sport section of the news what they really mean is football, specifically Celtic and/or Rangers. Nothing else matters. The media needs to remember that it's been Chelsea that has won the last two European trophies for England. United has been on a downward spiral for a few years and you know what? It's not the ****ing end of the world if they languish in mid table obscurity for a while. In the long run it will be for the benefit of the national game if teams are evened out.

Bloody media.....WHERE'S THE OBJECTIVITY?

So I guess all those who called BS and spouted countless statistics when the press were saying Mata was unsettled and was on his way out are busy eating humble pie...?

So I guess all those who called BS and spouted countless statistics when the press were saying Mata was unsettled and was on his way out are busy eating humble pie...?

No, I don't imagine many have an appetite right now.

Let's not pretend that Mata leaving, and in particular how he's leaving, was something that anybody had an insight or inside information on up until a few days ago. How many of those other persistent Chelsea rumours have come to anything?

paulw66   

A broken clock is right twice a day

No, I don't imagine many have an appetite right now.

Let's not pretend that Mata leaving, and in particular how he's leaving, was something that anybody had an insight or inside information on up until a few days ago. How many of those other persistent Chelsea rumours have come to anything?

How many rumours in general have come off?

We'd have Cavani and Falcao up front, Rooney would be at Real Madrid, Vidal and Gundogan would be at United and Messi would be at PSG...

The stats were in response to the claim that JM was never picking Mata.

There have been 2 points being made - and one response.

The minor point - that Mata might be leaving has largely been ignored - as much in hope as judgement.

The far noisier point - that Jose has been treating him badly, not picking him and generally proving himself to be a bad manager has been aggressively rebuffed - largely because most of the claims in most of the posts were demonstrably BS.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/26/michael-Essien-chelsea-milan-transfer

On his official Twitter feed Essien remarked "haters will broadcast your failure but whisper your success. Medicals done, looking forward to start my new life with AC Milan."

It is unclear whether the remark was aimed at Chelsea or their manager, José Mourinho.

No, it's absolutely clear that it's aimed at the people on Twitter claiming he'd failed a medical.

How frustrating was it listening to Clark Carlsile yesterday? Loves the sound of his own voice despite nearly everything coming out of his mouth being wrong.

Some gems from him yesterday included the fact we don't see Ivanovic spraying the ball to Cole like we used to see in Jose's first stint here. Despite Bane being signed under Grant.

Also, Frank hasn't been making those late runs into the box in the last few weeks....maybe because he's been injured and not playing Clark?