• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

You're not too impressed by the UK media coverage I take it;)

Not the BBC's that's for sure. Biased uninformative and overly politically correct and thats just MOTD

Not the BBC's that's for sure. Biased uninformative and overly politically correct and thats just MOTD

I remember having to pay the TV license in England. We have that in Sweden as well of course but at least the national tv channels won't be biased!

I think it's incredible how biased the BBC is allowed to be and not just re Sports its coverage of the last election was shamefully pro labour. For me its not so much that it has leanings either way its more that it abuses its position as the UKs main broadcaster to influence or at the very least doesnt reign in its presenters enough. Its only when you move abroad and only have the BBC that you relly notice it fully. when I lived in London there were so many other news/sports coverage options that you tended to use a bit of every news outlet and didn't notice it as much. One example is lineker and his snide twitter comments during games another being how controversial incidents are reported/not reported in MOTD given that still the majority of people in England still watch the programme as one of their primary sources of Football coverage. That's why Joses comments re Liverpool pundits was so spot on even if the BBC dumped the Irish bloke with the Liverpool tatoo from MOTD 2 in recent times.

paulw66   

If you were reading the BBC minute by minute text coverage of last night's games, you would have been forgiven for thinking that United were dismantling a top European side, not beating the team bottom of the league.

I'm surprised they paid it much attention as they had the most important merseyside derby in decades to gush about

To be fair it's not just Suarez enjoying a love in with the media at the moment, our own John Terry is also being praised to the skies.

Just today I've read Neil Ashton in the Mail (normally very anti Chelsea) saying that Terry is the best central defender in Premier League history.

And Jamie Carragher on TalkShite saying that JT is unquestionably the best defender in England.

Haven't read or heard one of them admitting that Fat Rafa got it absolutely wrong to leave him out so often last season though!

To be fair it's not just Suarez enjoying a love in with the media at the moment, our own John Terry is also being praised to the skies.

Just today I've read Neil Ashton in the Mail (normally very anti Chelsea) saying that Terry is the best central defender in Premier League history.

And Jamie Carragher on TalkShite saying that JT is unquestionably the best defender in England.

They are certainly right. I think he was lucky - he learnt his apprenticeship from Desailly and then learnt about the motivational side from JM. But his leadership comes mostly from within I think. A lot is said about him, but what I find interesting is how he is both the No 1 leader, but there is also room for a lot of other leaders at the club - DD, SFL, Cech, Luiz. To do that - and give room for the manager to manager is a real art.

Haven't read or heard one of them admitting that Fat Rafa got it absolutely wrong to leave him out so often last season though!

They're just desperate for him to go to Brazil.

Once England fail (which they will) they'll be slaughtering him again.

They are certainly right. I think he was lucky - he learnt his apprenticeship from Desailly and then learnt about the motivational side from JM. But his leadership comes mostly from within I think. A lot is said about him, but what I find interesting is how he is both the No 1 leader, but there is also room for a lot of other leaders at the club - DD, SFL, Cech, Luiz. To do that - and give room for the manager to manager is a real art.

Well said.

I watched last nights game on an internet stream so I'm not sure which channel in the UK or US was broadcasting it but the co commentator was really good and didn't once come across as biased either way or negative. It sounded like perhaps Tony Cottee or Gayle but I'm not sure. Usually I mute the sound with these sort of games but I was happy to listen to it last night. credit given where credit due.

I did turn off before the managers comments and pundit reaction mind you so missed all usual misquotes/exaguarations that I'm seeing in the papers this morning.