• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

One thing's for sure, certain football websites will be p***ed off that we won (ie Fottball 365 and DigitalSpy). I also hammered certain journos, but left out the likes of Rod Liddle, Patrick Barclay, Steve Curry and Patrick Collins. They are just bitter and twisted hypocrites. I've read many papers today and to be fair, we got a lot of praise this time around, unlike 4 or 5 years ago.

Robbo Robson - BBC

I sense a slight touch of bitterness in this one

The whole Drogba thing from yesterday is such cr**. It was the one chance for the "Red Tops" to find something to diminish our accomplishment...that and basically pi**ing on the whole league by suggesting we only won because the Red Three were uncharacteristically weak this year.

One thing is certain: if Rooney or Gerrard or some similarly favored (comfortably English) Red had behaved the same way we would hear the same commentators --- like Grey until he got back on message -- praising them for their competitive spirit: "you really can't fault the lad...he's in a race for the golden boot....he's hungry for goals...the game is already won...would do the same thing meself."

Frank basically said exactly that when asked about the incident later and, being a competitor himself, he probably understands exactly where Didier is coming from. They clearly had it all made up by the end so why was it an issue for supposedly "neutral" reporters?

Didier (and Frank in other contexts) exemplify the way Chelsea is always going to be treated by huge segments of the press: he and CFC are just never going to be liked, will only be respected grudingly and will never, ever get a break from their carping, twisted, bitter, Red-blinkered criticism.

dooder12   

One thing is certain: if Rooney or Gerrard or some similarly favored (comfortably English) Red had behaved the same way we would hear the same commentators --- like Grey until he got back on message -- praising them for their competitive spirit: "you really can't fault the lad...he's in a race for the golden boot....he's hungry for goals...the game is already won...would do the same thing meself."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHclt4RB1c4

Oh when Drogba did score. Absolute Pandemonium, the staff at Belushi's in fulham will still be cleaning the beer off the walls and ceiling.... What an atmosphere.

I was there, amazing, wasn't it. When we went 5-0 up, with over 20 mins to go, a load of Chelsea fans can-canning down the street past the window. :-)

Generally, papers were very complimentary and only touched on the Drogba pen incident, but one article today in a tabloid focussed on it, how Drogba only started playing well when he knew he had the Golden Boot...what a load of made up twaddle, really makes my blood boil.

I was looking at the prem table on SkySports today....I got all excited when I saw the capital C next to our name at the top. Great feeling. :-)

The UK's press, be they the written press or broadcast media have to pander to the masses, I.e. those clubs with the largest and most vocal, influential supporter groups.

The reality is that the 'masses' are still Man U, Liverpool & Arsenal and therefore most media report items that will be of interest to primarily those clubs supporters or articles that are not sympathetic or in too much or consistent praise of their rivals. They won't sell paper's or attract listener's/viewer's if they consistently broadcast/write disparaging stuff regarding those club's. The Sun has for years (since their initial irresponsible reporting of the Hillsborough Tragedy) avoided wholly disparaging articles about L'Pool in pathetic attempts to win back favour and sales in the Merseyside region.

Also factor in the Journalist's or Sports News Editor's own bias's and you'll begin to understand the 'neutral' reaction's found to date regarding our achievements to date this season. Most of the Journo's, Editor's are 40-50 year olds and have been brought up Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal fans (save a few East-End wide boys).

You'd hope for some impartiality from the BBC but they are in the ratings war themselves so generally still stick to the old Man Utd, Liverpool two-step. There are exceptions - Henry Winter, Martin Samuel but they do occasionally have to write a 'bad-un' for fear of being seen to lavish too much praise. McGarry in The Sun has a vested interest in Frank Lampard so reports favourably and tow's the line (in his own interests).

I was flicking through radio channels today whilst driving and twice on the same station the chosen topic was poxy Jamie Carragher 'gracing' us with his decision to return to the England squad of 30 to be announced tomorrow. The same Carragher who turned his back on his country, poor little scouser wasn't getting picked, so threw a paddy & his toy's out, as well as having his worst season for years this season. This was deemed far more newsworthy and of interest than us winning the league!!!

Best way to deal with it is to not pay for the papers and not call/text the talk station's. If we continue to be successful the supporter base will increase and views will have to change. Also maybe in 10 years time we get some Chelsea supporters in the Editor's chair's.

On a nicer note, some nice pics here of the Chelsea boys and their partners celebrating last night, couple of Arsenal players celebrating with them as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1275943/Chelsea-WAGS-hit-Whisky-Mist-landing-Premier-League-title.html

On a nicer note, some nice pics here of the Chelsea boys and their partners celebrating last night, couple of Arsenal players celebrating with them as well.

http://www.dailymail...ague-title.html

Some very nice pictures there - love the ones with the kids! =)

*sigh* I know it's Yahoo Sports, and I know it's American, but I read this guy's weekly column pretty regularly and I'm starting to think he has something against our Blues. Never a word of congratulations or mention, and no congratulations this week - with the body dedicated to admonishing Drogba.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;_ylt=AhU80FwJpV8fQe9ruuy6kN8mw7YF?slug=ro-weekendreview051010

Robbo Robson - BBC

I sense a slight touch of bitterness in this one

Frank Lampard firmly told him to let the first team's penalty-taker take the penalty - he's crazy that Frank! - and Drogba managed to regress so quickly into adolescence that I swear his skin took on a Clearasil complexion, and he spent the half-time interval round the back of the Shed smoking fags, sipping cider and listening to Slipknot.

Uh, how far behind the times is Robbo? Should be Cancer Bats not Slipknot they were so 2005...

cii99mn1   

The Guardian has a decent reputation I believe and it's not for nothing. Remember they predicted Liverpool as Premier League Winners 2009/2010! Here are some more good thinking by two of them:

Andy Hunter

Premier League XI of the season (4-3-3): Reina; Carr, Vermaelen, Dunne, Evra; Milner, Fábregas, Pienaar; Rooney, Drogba, Tevez.

Hahahaha!

Louise Taylor, Manchester City fan/obesessed?

Best match: Manchester City 4-2 Arsenal. Forget Emmanuel Adebayor's stamp on Robin van Persie, this was a wonderful game.

Favourite moment: Adam Johnson's stoppage‑time equaliser for Manchester City in the 1-1 draw at Sunderland.

Least favourite moment: Mark Hughes's sacking by Manchester City. Cruel.

Why forget the stamp? Because it wasn't Drogba who did it or what?

And it's not 'cruel' to sack a millionaire, crap manager. This time it was the right thing to do.