• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Sciatika   

The Guardian has a decent reputation ...

No, not really. Take the Football Weekly podcast. They have:

James Richardson - a man who seems more interested in the players' underwear choices than what happens on the field. I suppose when your area of expertise is Serie A, then life must get pretty stale.

Barry Glendenning - has a self-professed dislike of anything to do with our club. His comment on our exit to Barce in the CL was that he "rolled around the floor in laughter". I am no sure why he is there - his knowledge of football is about as incisive as the bloke down the pub, his writing is very poor and he thinks he is funny when he isn't. A joke on Glendenning's lips is no laughing matter.

Sean Ingle - The only thing he seems aware of is the betting odds and the stats. I am beginning to wonder whether he has actually ever seen any of the games he comments on.

John Ashdown and Kevin McCarra are OK, I suppose. The main reason I listen/read it is for the people who report on the foreign leagues (Sid Lowe - La Liga, Rafa Honigstein - Bundesliga and Paul Doyle - Ligue 1). On the other hand, at least, they don't have the witterings of the likes of Patrick Barclay and Tony Evans from "The Game" in The Times. How do these people get jobs?

cii99mn1   

James Richardson - a man who seems more interested in the players' underwear choices than what happens on the field. I suppose when your area of expertise is Serie A, then life must get pretty stale.

Barry Glendenning - has a self-professed dislike of anything to do with our club. His comment on our exit to Barce in the CL was that he "rolled around the floor in laughter". I am no sure why he is there - his knowledge of football is about as incisive as the bloke down the pub, his writing is very poor and he thinks he is funny when he isn't. A joke on Glendenning's lips is no laughing matter.

Sean Ingle - The only thing he seems aware of is the betting odds and the stats. I am beginning to wonder whether he has actually ever seen any of the games he comments on.

John Ashdown and Kevin McCarra are OK, I suppose. The main reason I listen/read it is for the people who report on the foreign leagues (Sid Lowe - La Liga, Rafa Honigstein - Bundesliga and Paul Doyle - Ligue 1). On the other hand, at least, they don't have the witterings of the likes of Patrick Barclay and Tony Evans from "The Game" in The Times. How do these people get jobs?

The one writer the Guardian have that I refuse to read at all is Richard Williams. That's after he wrote that banning us from Europe would be the only way to teach us (that was after the "It's a f*cking disgrace" game against Barcelona). I still get upset thinking about that 'article'!

Go listen to the football podcast from after the title win.

Amongst the Didier baiting was the firm truth that John Terry is by far the worst player going to the world cup, not some back up player from New Zealand or the entire PRK squad... John Terry.

It's verging on abusive towards us (and John). It was the second and last time I've ever downloaded a Guardian podcast it's a total waste of time. Where has this myth that JT is suddenly a bad player come from or is it just abuse because of the season he's had? Sure it's not been his best season but JT at 50% is better than pretty much any England defender you care to put in his place....

Go listen to the football podcast from after the title win.

Amongst the Didier baiting was the firm truth that John Terry is by far the worst player going to the world cup, not some back up player from New Zealand or the entire PRK squad... John Terry.

It's verging on abusive towards us (and John). It was the second and last time I've ever downloaded a Guardian podcast it's a total waste of time. Where has this myth that JT is suddenly a bad player come from or is it just abuse because of the season he's had? Sure it's not been his best season but JT at 50% is better than pretty much any England defender you care to put in his place....

It's no doubt the same idiots who say Frank is over-rated. Absolute idiots. One or two mistakes that overshadow the awesome tackles, headers and blocks he has made. Ridiculous really.

Compounded by his injury today, everyone coming out of the woodwork ringing up TalkSports saying JT would be no loss at all. And Adrian Durham saying how Capello stood by him so JT owes everything to England and should not play this Saturday and save himself for the WC.

Where has this myth that JT is suddenly a bad player come from or is it just abuse because of the season he's had?

It is the columnists. They have to write about JT - so either he is a hero for rising above it or weak for failing under over it. JT as a hero got rejected by the sub editors.

He has been pretty good IMO. Better than last season too.

Who reads the Grauniad anyway? It's full of Gooner fans, and has no class. I take the Beano more seriously than they're articles.

Compounded by his injury today, everyone coming out of the woodwork ringing up TalkSports saying JT would be no loss at all. And Adrian Durham saying how Capello stood by him so JT owes everything to England and should not play this Saturday and save himself for the WC.

Talksport and Adrian Duran can **** off. Jt's job is to captain us to win the double, not to curry favour with a bunch of no-marks like Durham. And he can stick Fabio where it hurts as well, why should we Blues fans think Durham's opinions are worthy of any consideration? Tosser!

Who reads the Grauniad anyway? It's full of Gooner fans, and has no class. I take the Beano more seriously than they're articles.

Oi, I resent that. I read the Grauniad.

Talksport and Adrian Duran can **** off. Jt's job is to captain us to win the double, not to curry favour with a bunch of no-marks like Durham. And he can stick Fabio where it hurts as well, why should we Blues fans think Durham's opinions are worthy of any consideration? Tosser!

But I do agree with that. How Durham got nominated for talk radio personality of the year at the Sonys was an absolute joke.

And here's another joke. Simon Johnston of the Standard. Their bias against Chelsea, as London's pre-eminent club is extraordinary. Even this week it was full of carp about how we weren't "vintage" winners of the Prem. Today Johnston wrote about how we'd be having a parade "even if we were beaten by Pompey" - as if implying that getting to the Cup final was all we'd achieved this season. The man is a total see you next tuesday.