• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

To any of the guys who went to the final: What do you make of what this guy is saying about Chelsea fans in the final yesterday?

My link

Absolute pile of horse manure. The roar in the stadium at the start of the game made my migraine-addled head even dizzier than it already was.

My 2 year old nephew can write what these morons write. And as for pillorying footballers, these pen pushers have as far as I'm concerned have never worked hard in their life. And that programme on Sky, the Sunday Supplement is the biggest load of dog s*** on the box ATM.

So, what's all this stuff about this season being the weakest in England for quite some time? Mourinho and G Neville have both been out recently playing down our performance this season, a season where we have won the Double in our managers first season. Some highlights from the two articles with Mourinho and Neville:

José Mourinho:

On Chelsea winning the league in Ancelotti's first season with arguable much more entertaining football...

“People can write what they want,” he responds. “First of all, I’m happy Chelsea did it. I want it very clear I’m happy they won it. They had the record of goals. But please don’t compare this Man United with my Man United. Don’t compare this Arsenal with my Arsenal. My Arsenal was a team that won the league without one defeat in 2003-4. Don’t compare this Liverpool with my Liverpool. And don’t compare this Premiership with my Premiership. Don’t compare because you cannot compare.

“Man United lost Ronaldo. Okay, the coach is a tremendous coach, the team is full of great players, but Ronaldo is Ronaldo, and he scores 30 goals a season. Ronaldo wins points and points and points. When a club and the league loses a player like Ronaldo it loses a lot.

Mourinho is very clever. He knows people remember Man United for the last three seasons but he fails to highlight the fact that ManU was very much in a transitional period when Chelsea won the league in 2004/05 and 2005/06. In 2004/05 Man U only managed to get 77 points, scoring 58 goals in the process. That is abysmal and the previous season was even worse when they finished third with 75 points. The team was in a transition where Ronaldo was only coming through and that season he only scored 5 goals in the Premier League, Van Nisterooy was on his way out after clashing with Fergie and he only managed 6 goals in the league. In fact, the only player reaching double figures in the league was Wayne Rooney with 11. They also crashed out in the first knock-out stage in the CL. Mourinho is right, you can't compare the two teams. United is indefinately better this season than in 2004/05. We ended up with 95 points, 9 more than this season but that means nothing in my opinion. The league is so much stronger this season with the 7 teams in position 4-10 having 6 points more each on average. The average for 04/05 was 54.7 points, this season that average was 60.7 points. Ahead of the season everyone was predicting a closer league as well, only highlighting the increase in quality. Villa is a £30m investment from being genuine top 4 challengers. City is already there. Tottenham as well. Next season we will have 4 genuine contenders in City. Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U, with Tottenham and Villa looking to be just as strong as this season.

How about Liverpool that ended up 7th in 2010? Well, in 04/05 they ended up with 58 points in 5th place. That's 5 points less than what they got this season at 7th... So in terms of points Liverpool is actually better than in 04/05... Arsenal? They are the only big 4 team that seems to have gone backwards with 8 points less.

In 05/06 when we retained the title the story is similar. Although Man U had a much stronger league season (83 points, 72 goals scored) their fortunes were greatly aided when they ended up last in the CL group, having only the league and domestic cups to focus on after December. This season they ended up with 85 points. Their cup runs were over by february. This season Ronaldo managed 9 league goals and 11 in all competitions. Far from the world-class Ronaldo we saw after Mourinho was gone from Chelsea. Van Nistelrooy and Rooney were the only two players scoring with any sort of regularity ending up with 21 and 16 league goals respectively. Rooney scored 26 this season... I still hold Man U anno 2009/10 as a much much better team than in 05/06. We ended up with 91 points for the season, 5 points more than this season but again the points average for the teams in position 4-10 was higher this season, albeit the difference was much smaller this time around (60.7 vs 59.2). However, we were out of the CL in the first knock-out run (after only finishing second in our group) and failed to win any of the cups (going out at the first hurlde against Charlton in the league cup and semi-final in the FA cup).

Liverpool had a strong season with 82 points now improving vastly whereas Arsenal were in a free-fall ending up with 67 points. In 2003/04 when the "invincibles" won the league without a loss they ended up with 90 points, oh yes. That's a whole 4 points more than what we got this season....

My conclusion is that José is talking up his own performance vastly. The facts is there for all to see if you bother to look for them. The fact is that Ronaldo were never the world class player he was for United in 2007/08 and 2008/09 until Jose left us. In 2006/07 he scored 17 league goals and 23 in all competitions. This season saw us with 83 points, albeit ravaged by injuries in a squad José trimmed way too much, in a season where Bolton and Reading finished 7th and 8th.

“Liverpool is an incredible phenomenon. From 2004 to 2010 it looks like the team instead of improving is getting worse. Tottenham is coming, Aston Villa is coming, Man City is coming, but I think that magic of a fight of titans, all of them very, very strong in the top of the League, I don’t see this season was like this.

Liverpool's points tally since 04/05:

04/05: 58, 05/06: 82, 06/07: 68, 07/08: 76, 08/09: 86, 09/10: 63

In fact the complete opposite seem to be true. Liverpool were at it's weakest during the three seasons JM was here.

“Chelsea were out of Champions League very, very soon. They could concentrate on the championship — and they did it very well. Carlo is very experienced, he kept the team calm and focused, and he didn’t let them lose focus and confidence. They concentrate very, very well in the championship, and they deserve to win it in the end.”

Correct, but at the same time Inter had a chance to drop a lot of points end of the season focusing on the Champions League since their domestic league is a joke. Inter ended up with 82 points in a league that was completely bereft of any genuine challengers apart from when Inter let Roma back in it over the last two months.

Neville:

"Chelsea will be happy they won the league but they'll probably be thinking they could have won it with a month to spare, had they performed like they have in previous seasons. Of course they deserve congratulations but all the top teams will think they could have done better. Chelsea won the league despite losing six games whereas, in previous seasons, teams have won losing only one or two games. So it's been a strange season"

Really you cock? I didn't hear that mug complain in 2007/08 when United ended up with 87 points and 5 losses, in a season where Chelsea and Man U played in the Champions League final. That season we only lost 3... Neither did he complain in 2006/07 when United lost 5 again but amassed 89 points, 3 more than we did this season. That year Liverpool ended up 3rd with 68 points, arguably the weakest year in the premier league for a long time with Chelsea in turmoil, Liverpool completely off the boil and Arsenal playing with a bunch of kids. What sour grapes from that sorry excuse of a human being.

"Looking back over the season, it's clear we made too many mistakes. We lost seven matches and drew games we perhaps shouldn't have - and that isn't good enough. OK, there were certainly things that went against us. Pre-Christmas injuries in defence essentially cost us two defeats against Aston Villa and Fulham. You could also look at the second goal we conceded against Chelsea at Old Trafford and possibly the goal we conceded against them at Stamford Bridge and say they should have been disallowed"

Our injury problems in 06/07 were similar and he didn't acknowledge that fact back then (of course). Regarding the goal at OT that was offside we were also denied a stone-wall penalty and Macheda's goal was clearly handball. The goal at Stamford Bridge is no discussion. Clear free-kick after Fletcher goes in dangerously. Drogba is not offside and the goal is good. Neville is just being a cock as usual.

Rant over.

I actually love reading people saying that we won when it was weak....b/c honestly, could they sound like bigger babies?

I would much rather be the worst title-winner of the decade than the best non-title winner of the century

I could NOT care less whether the league was at TOP-FORM-EVER or average....I really couldn't

Bottom line, we won two cups

Rant over.

But it was a good rant. Well argued and supported.

Jose is becoming difficult to like. He has gone well beyond having a healthy respect for himself and his own accomplishments. Ordinarily I have no problem with such a personality (as long as the person delivers the goods) and am a big believer in the old adage that "it's not bragging if you are just telling the truth." As in the example you provide, however, Jose has sunk deep into the well of denigrating others' accomplishments to build himself up. He is simply incapable of just saying "congratulations Chelsea, congratulations, Carlo." He is viscerally compelled to say "Chelsea won without me, but only because the league is weaker this year." Shameful and, as you so capably argue, delusional.

I'm done with the man. He's like an incredibly compelling woman I had a two year affair with whose appeal was partially based on her being very narcissitic and difficult. It was "fahntastic" when I was in it and difficult to get over right after I dumped her but after a couple of years I realized that she was just too toxic a personality to be around for the long term and I was well rid. Carlo -- like Guus Hiddink before him -- reminded us- that it is possible to have complete technical competence with a higher degree of professionalism and without all the drama. We are in a better place now, Jose. And we will beat whatever team you are with next season. Count on it.

But it was a good rant. Well argued and supported.

Jose is becoming difficult to like. He has gone well beyond having a healthy respect for himself and his own accomplishments. Ordinarily I have no problem with such a personality (as long as the person delivers the goods) and am a big believer in the old adage that "it's not bragging if you are just telling the truth." As in the example you provide, however, Jose has sunk deep into the well of denigrating others' accomplishments to build himself up. He is simply incapable of just saying "congratulations Chelsea, congratulations, Carlo." He is viscerally compelled to say "Chelsea won without me, but only because the league is weaker this year." Shameful and, as you so capably argue, delusional.

I'm done with the man. He's like an incredibly compelling woman I had a two year affair with whose appeal was partially based on her being very narcissitic and difficult. It was "fahntastic" when I was in it and difficult to get over right after I dumped her but after a couple of years I realized that she was just too toxic a personality to be around for the long term and I was well rid. Carlo -- like Guus Hiddink before him -- reminded us- that it is possible to have complete technical competence with a higher degree of professionalism and without all the drama. We are in a better place now, Jose. And we will beat whatever team you are with next season. Count on it.

I agree. I have a lot of time for José, afterall he was my hero. But he is quickly sinking his persona among the Chelsea fans and that would be a great shame. As you correctly point out, this latest rant is nothing more but fantasties and delusional facts made up from thin air.

Too bad really. I had hoped he'd be bigger than that.

I agree. I have a lot of time for José, afterall he was my hero. But he is quickly sinking his persona among the Chelsea fans and that would be a great shame. As you correctly point out, this latest rant is nothing more but fantasties and delusional facts made up from thin air.

Agree with the above. Plus he took some sly digs at us before the Champions League game at Bridge on the lines of "I won League Title and Chelsea won nothing. I moved on whereas they have gone backwards".

I somethimes wish he just shut his trap and let us respect him for what he did for us. But him coming out with these digs at us every now and then is riling me up. Plus he said He feels more for Inter Fans than he ever did for Chelsea Fans. I so hope Robben smashes a Hattrick in the finals and help Bayern win.

Robben82   

Spot on, David 80.

My views on Jose Mourinho:

- I really think he wanted to comeback this season.

- I also think he never though we could do so well without his HELP.

- he hates the fact Carlo broke the record of goals in the premier league.

- In the end of his heart, he hates the fact Carletoo managed so well here and ended with the double.

- Journos and fans clearly talk about this Chelsea as a team that you can watch and enjoy.

- People become to embrace Carletoo and his calm approach, that is something he hates too because until now he was the special one.

- There are 2 Jose Mourinhos: 1 a football genious, 2 a dark side, a person full of himself, someone selfish, always looking for the attention. When he won the battle at the nou camp, he could embrace guardiola and get off the tunel towards dressing room, that would show Class in my opinion, instead for some reason he went into the field to make things that on my opinion are not needed.

Right, let me get this straight. When there is rumours about JT shagging a model that is single the papers slaughter him, demands him to be stripped of the captaincy and he is dubbed the new enemy of England - even though all parties denies the allegations. When St Steven of Me is rumoured to have shagged and impregnated someone other than his wife (and the rumours are quite more shocking than that) the papers actually come out to state those rumours are unfounded???

My God, can they get anymore biased. This is beyond ridiculous.

Not even fit to use as toilett paper to whipe my arse off.

Double Standards

Oh, and if anyone wondered? JT will get the blame for the split in the camp, the horrendous England result and it will end by him being hounded out from the national team by the redtops. Sad.

cii99mn1   
Stan Collymore is another one added to my ignore list. He wants to dump JT and Lamps but keep Barry? No, really! On the other hand he writes that he doesn't care if 'his' team win or lose, so I guess it makes sense in a way.