Forum Administrator

Media / Press

7,871 posts in this topic

So, whilst we all await the next 'earth shattering installments" a half time summary

Or Why its all the Daily Mails fault

The Monarchy having decided that bearing the Daily Mails Beacon of morality was too much to cope with, what with all those cousins/cousins cousins/aunts/uncles both here and abroad with to shag at taxpayer expense, not to mention Talking to flowers and wondering why the Chinese have slitty eyes and so on . Thus with little regret the beacon was passed on though the next pillar of the establishment, leaving the future King happy to continuing his pursuits of aspiring to be a tampon (google it) and other general dysfunction's

Now the Politicians struggled with this responsibility, on one hand strong oral. . . sorry moral leadership was handy whilst political point scoring however as with the Monarchy the nature of the beast is to excess and soon the Mail was full tales of fornication odd things to do with satsuma's odd couplings ( Prescott FFS !!! ) and the heavy task of troughing on expenses. However the constant charge of hypocrisy may have touched on the odd nerve, and once again the Beacon was on its way leaving MP's , to continue bastardizing the English language, Quoting meaningless Tractor production statistics and irritating every segment of society. . . 1st they came for the smokers then they came for. . .

Next in on of those quirks of fate the Beacon of British morality was sent by the Mail and currently resides on the one group most utterly unsuited That great quasi religious group of modern times The Premier ship footballer, or in World cup times The England football team With this tribe the starting 11 is unlikely to have an IQ quota of double figures ( thats for the team ) Have no concept of personal responsibility and definition of free time pursuits inc. Roasting no not ala Jamie Oliver and collecting females that whose main attraction is they are thicker than the footballers they date difficult to imagine I know, ( No girls Barbie is not a role model )

The pleasure the Mail initially had with acres of coverage of righteous indignation on the failure to uphold standards amongst the footballing tribe has started to flag, castigating the noble leader a certain habitual moral laggard known a JT the J to distinguish himself from his childhood idol Mr T for failing to ask permission to shag one of the lower members of the tribe cast offs really was not much of a story, That and the realization of the only two members left of this sorry tribe of footballers untainted by scandal was a Gareth Barry who doesn't actually exist and Theo Walcott who isn't actually a footballer and thus with heavy heart The Mail moves the Beacon of morality on.

Where next you may ask ? where will we seek our standard bearer oh look what's this Here's Katie Price . . .

So, whilst we all await the next 'earth shattering installments" a half time summary

Or Why its all the Daily Mails fault

The Monarchy having decided that bearing the Daily Mails Beacon of morality was too much to cope with, what with all those cousins/cousins cousins/aunts/uncles both here and abroad with to shag at taxpayer expense, not to mention Talking to flowers and wondering why the Chinese have slitty eyes and so on . Thus with little regret the beacon was passed on though the next pillar of the establishment, leaving the future King happy to continuing his pursuits of aspiring to be a tampon (google it) and other general dysfunction's

Now the Politicians struggled with this responsibility, on one hand strong oral. . . sorry moral leadership was handy whilst political point scoring however as with the Monarchy the nature of the beast is to excess and soon the Mail was full tales of fornication odd things to do with satsuma's odd couplings ( Prescott FFS !!! ) and the heavy task of troughing on expenses. However the constant charge of hypocrisy may have touched on the odd nerve, and once again the Beacon was on its way leaving MP's , to continue bastardizing the English language, Quoting meaningless Tractor production statistics and irritating every segment of society. . . 1st they came for the smokers then they came for. . .

Next in on of those quirks of fate the Beacon of British morality was sent by the Mail and currently resides on the one group most utterly unsuited That great quasi religious group of modern times The Premier ship footballer, or in World cup times The England football team With this tribe the starting 11 is unlikely to have an IQ quota of double figures ( thats for the team ) Have no concept of personal responsibility and definition of free time pursuits inc. Roasting no not ala Jamie Oliver and collecting females that whose main attraction is they are thicker than the footballers they date difficult to imagine I know, ( No girls Barbie is not a role model )

The pleasure the Mail initially had with acres of coverage of righteous indignation on the failure to uphold standards amongst the footballing tribe has started to flag, castigating the noble leader a certain habitual moral laggard known a JT the J to distinguish himself from his childhood idol Mr T for failing to ask permission to shag one of the lower members of the tribe cast offs really was not much of a story, That and the realization of the only two members left of this sorry tribe of footballers untainted by scandal was a Gareth Barry who doesn't actually exist and Theo Walcott who isn't actually a footballer and thus with heavy heart The Mail moves the Beacon of morality on.

Where next you may ask ? where will we seek our standard bearer oh look what's this Here's Katie Price . . .

:-) Heh Heh very good

Meanwhile the Mail beacon of decency attacks a recent Channel 4 programme Skins due to amongst other things it's glamourisation of drug use and under age sex.... and on the following page-Here's Kate moss promoting a very expensive handbag oh and look here's 15 year old tennis starlet pictured in a tight top at the Australian Open-headline My how Laura is growing.....

I enjoy the media. Keeps me entertained, be it whilst having a morning coffee or on the train to work/football. can't beat reading some trash to kill some time.

Il just add I dont believe much the papers say and dont let them get to me either. You have to rise above it and take them for what they are.

Edited by simon

I enjoy the media. Keeps me entertained, be it whilst having a morning coffee or on the train to work/football. can't beat reading some trash to kill some time.

Il just add I dont believe much the papers say and dont let them get to me either. You have to rise above it and take them for what they are.

Agreed!

What I don't enjoy, however, is paranoiac whining of the kind so richly exhibited in this thread.

Agreed!

What I don't enjoy, however, is paranoiac whining of the kind so richly exhibited in this thread.

Hmm somethings hit a nerve !

Nothing wrong with casting the occasional cynical eye on the practices of the 4th estate methinks

you may be different, But I prefer comment to follow a news item rather than the other way round.

Maybe thats the downside of 24/7 always on media, just not enough actual news . . .

Reading between the headlines, it would appear that the England captaincy is safe. They have changed from "Capello to decide on Terry" to "Terry won't resign captaincy". Very subtle. Was there ever any suggestion that Terry WOULD resign?

As for Harry chipping in (footballers should be roll models), you'd have thought he would have had a little more sympathy nwith the player than with the people who are trying to drop HIM in it regarding taxes and bubgs etc. Maybe he's entered a pact with the devil, or maybe it's just a case of "If they're after him, they wont be after me".

Evening all,

First off, I'm a Liverpool fan, so whatever comes my way, then fine. However;

I heard Hawksbee & Jacobs on TalkSport give some airtime this afternoon to the owner of sackjohnterry.com, apparently one John Tilley.

Some fairly minor digging this evening gives the following;

The site was registered with Nominet by 72Point Ltd, with the address given being;

The Media Centre

Abbeywood Business Park, Emma-Chris-Way

Filton

Bristol

BS34 7JU

Media Enquiries on the site itself point to John Tilley, with the email given as jtilley100@gmail.com.

A quick check of this postal address gives; Inside Media, a PR agency, part of the SWNS Group, or South West News Service (www.insidemedia.uk.com and www.swns.com)

A quick check with Companies House for 72Point Ltd (an interesting choice of name, suggesting the type size generally chosen for newspaper headlines) gives;

Company Number : 04092908

Registered in October 2000.

Address:

MEDIA CENTRE

EMMA CHRIS WAY

ABBEYWOOD PARK

BRISTOL

BS34 7JU

Now, Inside Media turns out to be the trading name of a company called 72 Point Plus Ltd, with the same registered address.

Any thoughts?

All Chelsea supporters will be aware of the usual suspects, Journalists with an axe to grind on all matters CFC, however generally its not on an ownership basis, Murdochs aim is purely profit, I don't believe there is a NOTW vendetta against us they are far to indiscriminate for that Terry fits the profile for an expose and sadly he makes it all far too easy for them, if not him hundreds of others just waiting for there turn.

However I think ( personally ) the Mail is different, Dacre runs it in the manner of an old press baron, think Beaverbook, or Rothmere, where he does have an agenda and runs the Mail from the top, Just not my cup of tea . . .

Reading between the headlines, it would appear that the England captaincy is safe. They have changed from "Capello to decide on Terry" to "Terry won't resign captaincy". Very subtle. Was there ever any suggestion that Terry WOULD resign?

As for Harry chipping in (footballers should be roll models), you'd have thought he would have had a little more sympathy nwith the player than with the people who are trying to drop HIM in it regarding taxes and bubgs etc. Maybe he's entered a pact with the devil, or maybe it's just a case of "If they're after him, they wont be after me".

Harry lives in the ultimate parallel universe, not sure he gets irony, I have been waiting for them lock him up since his Bournemouth days, he's charmed so far. . .

I laughed at David Pleat just before the Hull match on 5 last night , when he was asked to make a moral judgement on Terry, lots and lots of stuttering umms and errrs , you could almost hear him think, "I hope she does't mention the kerb crawling perhaps she's forgotten, perhaps she doesn't know HELP !!!" . . .