• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Garth Crooks is insane. He's absolutely brilliant TV on Final Score- all senseless, immediate indignant rage about absolutely everything, and then similarly animated about the complete opposite happening in another game two minutes later. But I'd not read anything he's written. No thanks.

Edited by thevelourfog

Garth Crooks...I stopped reading right there...

Worst pundit on television, and he has some pretty strong competition on that front. Dreadful.

Agree. An utter joke. Pompous as well as clueless.

paulw66   

Did anyone watch MOTD?

Spent far more time showing Liverpool clips of the season than the did with City, the actual winners.

Showed just how bad it would have been had they actually won the league. Unbearable.

Did anyone watch MOTD?

Spent far more time showing Liverpool clips of the season than the did with City, the actual winners.

Showed just how bad it would have been had they actually won the league. Unbearable.

Be fair, City may have won but Liverpool were the "people's" Champions.

And by "people" I mean those who don't watch , follow,support or know anything about football and the media.(for whom the same could be said).

Did anyone watch MOTD?

Yes I saw that and agree. They spent more time and attention on Liverpool than City, which is ridiculous. I'm glad City won it in the end, they've been the best team over the 38 games. Now the TeamBridge fiasco is history, I can't find much to hate them for other than getting more points than us. Next year...

Yes I saw that and agree. They spent more time and attention on Liverpool than City, which is ridiculous. I'm glad City won it in the end, they've been the best team over the 38 games. Now the TeamBridge fiasco is history, I can't find much to hate them for other than getting more points than us. Next year...

ON the one hand, City's win was inevitable and a btit of an anti-climax, and certainly nothing to get excited about.

On the other Liverpool have spent the best part of the last month celebrating their victory (knowing that the Chelsea visit would mean it was an impossibility), and it really is time the BBC and others got off that trip.

Jedini   

Did anyone watch MOTD?

Not only MOTD, Paul, trust me. Absolutely the same scenario was with Rebecca and two Robbies (Mustoe and Earle) on NBCSN.

On Monday, when Palace came back to draw them at home, the atmosphere in the studio between them three was so dull, it was disgusting to watch.

ON the one hand, City's win was inevitable and a btit of an anti-climax, and certainly nothing to get excited about.

On the other Liverpool have spent the best part of the last month celebrating their victory (knowing that the Chelsea visit would mean it was an impossibility), and it really is time the BBC and others got off that trip.

I think you overestimate the forward thinking of the fans and the media. I think that they convinced themselves they would win the title with open, attacking football and thought that Chelsea would wilt at Anfield as soon as you'll never walk alone came on. The vast majority of their fans are extremely delusional and they were deluded into thinking that Anfield was a fortress where Chelsea could not win. We may have won some big games this season but it is easy to forget those when they are never mentioned in the press who are instead constantly feeding the ego's of every dipper in the country. They were on an 11 game winning run and they thought that the mighty Liverpool would not stop winning. Of course smart football fans knew that 11 game winning runs mean that a loss is probably not too far away and this is why you do not see these runs very often.This is what makes this title that much sweeter to take, they genuinely thought it was already won.

Holymoly   

Agree. An utter joke. Pompous as well as clueless.

And a fat little Spud toboot