• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

I think you overestimate the forward thinking of the fans and the media. I think that they convinced themselves they would win the title with open, attacking football and thought that Chelsea would wilt at Anfield as soon as you'll never walk alone came on. The vast majority of their fans are extremely delusional and they were deluded into thinking that Anfield was a fortress where Chelsea could not win. We may have won some big games this season but it is easy to forget those when they are never mentioned in the press who are instead constantly feeding the ego's of every dipper in the country. They were on an 11 game winning run and they thought that the mighty Liverpool would not stop winning. Of course smart football fans knew that 11 game winning runs mean that a loss is probably not too far away and this is why you do not see these runs very often.This is what makes this title that much sweeter to take, they genuinely thought it was already won.

Well speaking as a fan of a team that has won things, I have always felt that when you think you might win something you stay cool.

Back in the nineties, when we first starting getting to cup finals, I was a lot mouthier.

Mind you, Liverpool in the past 20 odd years have only won in ridiculous circumstances.

Nevertheless, being deliberately delusional is sometimes just making an excuse for oneself.

Well speaking as a fan of a team that has won things, I have always felt that when you think you might win something you stay cool.

Back in the nineties, when we first starting getting to cup finals, I was a lot mouthier.

Mind you, Liverpool in the past 20 odd years have only won in ridiculous circumstances.

Nevertheless, being deliberately delusional is sometimes just making an excuse for oneself.

Good points. Though the reason for their delusion may be a deep lying knowledge that they won't win I feel that this is largely a function of their unconscious mind. Somewhere below the ego they will have that fear of losing and they push as far away from their thoughts as possible and start to believe what they want to be true. I doubt the majority of them would be smart enough to recognise their true insecurities.

I read in one paper that Liverpool didn't bottle it and deserved at least a point against us. I also read that Man City won games when it counted. I have yet to read how well Chelsea did without a reliable striker or that we deserved at least a point in one game we lost.

Stim   

Or that we beat the Champions home and away.

Both peoples and actual champions.

Chrisb   

I read in one paper that Liverpool didn't bottle it and deserved at least a point against us. I also read that Man City won games when it counted. I have yet to read how well Chelsea did without a reliable striker or that we deserved at least a point in one game we lost.

Alan Shearer mentioned it in todays Sun. He said he'd tipped us from the start and to do what we did without a recognised scoring striker was brilliant. On the opposite page that gimp Beasley was writing the usual drivel about how no one hates Man City like they do Chelsea as they play such great football and their managers such a great bloke blah, blah, blah.

JaneB   

Alan Shearer mentioned it in todays Sun. He said he'd tipped us from the start and to do what we did without a recognised scoring striker was brilliant. On the opposite page that gimp Beasley was writing the usual drivel about how no one hates Man City like they do Chelsea as they play such great football and their managers such a great bloke blah, blah, blah.

I thought Rob Beasley was a Chelsea fan...

I read in one paper that Liverpool didn't bottle it and deserved at least a point against us.

The number of pundits I've heard say "if Gerrard didn't slip they'd have drawn that match", as though we would have approached the entire second half like we were protecting a 1-0 lead if it were still 0-0... Yes, *obviously* the rest of the match would have been identical. Except our second goal. That would never have happened.

Logic.

Chrisb   

I thought Rob Beasley was a Chelsea fan...

My bad! it was actually Steven Howard!