• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Jay Seal   

I didn't recall that Pires left on a free. Good call on that but he was rubbish anyway a diver and cheater with zero anything.

Gold.

Holymoly   

I didn't recall that Pires left on a free. Good call on that but he was rubbish anyway a diver and cheater with zero anything.

...and a silly little beard

did any one see what that scouse pillock derek mcgovern in the mirror wrote about frank Lampard this morning, it was pathetic to say the least , by the way he couldnt tip rubbish

did any one see what that scouse pillock derek mcgovern in the mirror wrote about frank Lampard this morning, it was pathetic to say the least , by the way he couldnt tip rubbish

"WHAT odds Frank Lampard really meant that goal last night? I'd go 1-3 a fluke, 9-4 intentional, 33-1 an intentional fluke."

Journalisted website purports to publish info about Journos, and this one really loves us: see http://journalisted.com/derek-mcgovern, and in particular "10 topics mentioned most by DM" - not quite sure there's a relationship between us and Engelbert though.

Agreed: he couldn't tip a wheelbarrow

"WHAT odds Frank Lampard really meant that goal last night? I'd go 1-3 a fluke, 9-4 intentional, 33-1 an intentional fluke."

Journalisted website purports to publish info about Journos, and this one really loves us: see http://journalisted.com/derek-mcgovern, and in particular "10 topics mentioned most by DM" - not quite sure there's a relationship between us and Engelbert though.

Agreed: he couldn't tip a wheelbarrow

Here's what he wrote just before we staged our fantastic comeback against Napoli on the way to winning the CL:

Somehow you know it ain’t gonna end Napoli ever after for Chelsea tonight.

Sure, scoring the two goals required to put out Napoli is well within their compass, but so is conceding another three.

They need to beat the in-form Italians with a team whose key players aren’t far from a post-office queue and a manager even nearer the dole queue.

Chelsea have been as pitiful in Europe this season as they have been in the Premier League. It’s difficult to think of worse performers on the continent, aside from the Euro.

Blues have failed to win any of their last five home games in the knock-out stages of the Champions League, a level of inadequacy on the European stage unmatched by anyone bar the cast of Benidorm, Jemini, and Manchester United, yet we are supposed to back them at odds-on tonight.

Striker Fernando Torres looks like he could play all day without scoring – in fact he almost has. If he goes 20 minutes without a goal tonight – sorry, when he goes 20 minutes without a goal tonight – it will bring up 24 scoreless hours in Chelsea blue. Maybe it’s time he called it a day.

Caretaker manager Roberto Di Matteo, in a bid to spark the misfiring misfit into life, has told Torres to forget all his recent worries and just forget that he’s forgotten how to score – and he wonders why West Brom sacked him. Torres is 6-5 with Hills to end his drought tonight.

Di Matteo is 5-1 with Ladbrokes to guide Chelsea through to the quarter-finals and still be in charge on the opening day of next season. I really don’t know which prospect is more laughable – probably Torres to score.

It’s a measure of Chelsea’s fall from grace – some say fall but to me it looked more like a dive – that Ladbrokes quote just evens that tonight’s game is their last in the Champions League until the season after next.

Confidence in Napoli – temptingly priced at 7-2 - is tempered by the fact that they do not need to win and, after Cheltenham yesterday, I most definitely do.

Mind you, he did predict the FSW's arrival, several months before the appalling decision was taken to employ him:

Here's his prediction before the CL:

The bad news is half a dozen players will miss the biggest night of their lives in Munich next month because of transgressions in earlier matches.

The good news is John Terry is one of them.

With Terry absent, some are wondering who will hold aloft the Champions League trophy.

I can reveal it will be Philipp Lahm.

The man is an utter t*sser.

Utter bile.

What saddest is how commonplace diluted versions of such drivel and thinly veiled snipes at CFC as a club are.

The pro United/L'pool bias spewed out portrayed as 'proper' journalism is as laughable as it is sickening.

"Most of them were actual starts. 123 starts out of 151 total appearances in all competitions. Perhaps you should be "bothered" to check things like that before launching into rants about them."
'quote'

Last season Fabregas played 36 games in the league, 9 in CL and 8 in Copa Del Ray.
League CL Copa DR
36 9 8 Played
15 2 6 Substituted
28 7 8 Starts
--------------

3757 minutes in 53 games scoring 8 league goals 4 Copa goals and 1 CL goal. That's out of a possible 4770+ minutes. Great starts and ends as well.
3536 minutes for Xavi in 45 games and 4 goals. Iniesta plays 3 less games and same amount of minutes. Messi does that in 44 games. Dare I compare him with Lampard whose replacement he is supposed to be. 8 goals in the league aren't exactly worth mentioning.

My point is this he does seem run out of steam a lot and gets substituted a lot more than his counterparts.

Now how does Spanish football give assist credits I do not know as Fabregas +/- 73 assists , Xavi has 60 + assists, and Iniesta has the same, with Messi with 96 assists just for these 4 players the Barca goals tally would be in the region of 289. Since they only scored 100 + I am thinking these imply the amount of chances created, which mean nothing really empirically. This is from the official Barca website.

So yes Fabregas with all his starts was still a second choice at Barca as he failed to live up to his promise. And he apparently failed to live up to the Barca standards. So far I don't even see Pep coming in for him for all the money that they have.

So deal with it mate and look away if you don't like me ranting.

cam4blue   

My point is this he does seem run out of steam a lot and gets substituted a lot more than his counterparts.

Your point seemed to be that he wasn't a regular starter under any manager he played for at Barcelona. Because that's what you said.

All that would have been possible if he was able to get a regular first team spot. He didn't and that wasn't a political decision, he played under three managers and none of them thought he was good enough to get a regular start.

If you would like to say something different (as you are now doing) that is fine; but it doesn't make what you initially said correct, and that was what I took umbrage with.

Continue ranting about completely different things though, by all means. There are very legitimate criticisms that can be made of Fabregas during his time at Barcelona (the main one that Barcelona fans seem bothered by is his spectacular faltering in the second half of every season he has been there; as well as a perception that he failed to deliver in the "big games").

What you brought up was nonsense though.

Your point seemed to be that he wasn't a regular starter under any manager he played for at Barcelona. Because that's what you said.

If you would like to say something different (as you are now doing) that is fine; but it doesn't make what you initially said correct, and that was what I took umbrage with.

Let me try and explain things to you; in my understanding being a Starter would imply a player who starts the game with the intention of playing the full 90 minutes. Fabregas wasn't that player. His performances were far too mercurial and has to be substituted in almost half the games he started.

What you brought up was nonsense though.

Yawn and dull. Have it your way.

The man is an utter t*sser.

Utter bile.

And rather predictably, a Scouser.

Now have a long think about how much he enjoyed Sunday 27th April 2014, because I loved every second.

How often have we seen that with their players; really do well with les Arse and then demand silly transfers and go on to fail; Veira, Henry, Pires, Flamini, Reyes, to name a few and now Fabregas

Henry went on to fail? He played in a Barcelona team that did the clean sweep of trophies in 2008/9. Messi, Eto'o and Henry scored 100 goals between them. And that team's now been regarded as one of the greatest club sides ever (we had their number, but still).

That's not an example of 'go on to fail' in my book.

Edited by Box of Tricks