• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Don't worry it will be deemed less important than the latest attempt to bring JT down to size. Apparently 'he should' have been sent off yesterday. Both Sky and the BBC made a point of highlighting his booking then hard but fair tackle (which actually took the ball first) of course the syuds in his chest is all part of the game. Expect a harsh decision against him within a couple of matches-my money is on Upton Park!!

Interesting - but VP has been telling this story to whoever will listen for months now, long before the WC.

BTW to get the ink to work the T in Terry needs to be changed back to a small t.

You're right, I've read that story numerous times now. Thing is, no-one cares and as such, no-one (worthwhile) will offer any apologies. If the powers that be made the tabloids present it as a front page spread, then maybe people like Capello would start to think they've got it wrong.

Also - good call with the link amendment!

I'm not sure if anyone's read this yet. But the truth finally comes out:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/22/john-Terry-vanessa-perroncel-sex-scandal

It's truly shocking to see the characters of Vanessa Perroncel and JT assassinated like this. Will Fabio Capello now restore JT to the England Captaincy? I won't bet my house on it. Hopefully Perroncel will win her suit against all those journalists who jumped the gravy train on this story.

Thx for the link mate. It really is startling to see how the media handled the whole "affair". And to think that Terry lost his England captaincy over this, that Vanessa had her private life splashed out all over the media (what on earth does her father committing suicide have to do with anything?) and that a whoole nation actually cared whether they had an affair or not is just so sad.

Far too many idiots in this country that has not intellect or ability to think for themselves.

Sciatika   

I have seen articles giving her side of the story before and the only thing that is new to me was this:

She is suing everyone who ever published an especially unpleasant story about her. Perroncel and her lawyer, Charlotte Harris, sifted through the press clippings, ordered them in terms of the most offensive, most damaging and most outrageous, and began addressing them, one by one. "I felt better when I started the legal action," she says.

Implying that legal action is already underway.

Of course, its still none of my business but, to me, it will be interesting to see what happens just from the perspective of the rights of the individual. Her problem is that, under our legal system, the onus of proof is always on the prosecution. In a libel case, she is prosecuting and so, at each step, she will be required to prove her position. As I said a few weeks ago, its very difficult to do and can place enormous pressure on her and her family, pressure that she may be unwilling to subject her child to. Even if she can get the case together, she will probably settle out of court, anyway, no doubt under all sorts of settlement restriction as to what she can and cannot say publicly.

^There has been a steady flow of apologies to VP in tiny corners of the papers, mostly the Daily mail if I recall right. Nothing to JT though.

^There has been a steady flow of apologies to VP in tiny corners of the papers, mostly the Daily mail if I recall right. Nothing to JT though.

They won't ever be an apology to JT because the media will never see a reason to or be forced to. It will be near impossible for JT to win a legal battle with the papers after he took out the high-injunction with the courts - which is most commonly seen as 'why did he take out the injunction if he had nothing to hide?'.

I would be utterly shocked if there were any sort of apology to JT, he is after all the reason England were poor in the WC and the worst player in the PL for off the field incidents*.

*to be read as Chelsea captain.

I have no idea why JT isn't suing NOTW. I know VP is but haven't heard anything from JT on sueing these papers. How more can these tabloids destroy JT's image? They almost wrecked his marraige publicly maligned his image to such an extent that he lost his captaincy of the National team. He has nothing to lose now and could sue them.

Regarding VP, I have no clue how apologies can make up for the damage that has done to her personality and image. I was of the opinion that JT did cheat on his wife but after reading VPs interview I wonder if it was all media generated drivel.

I have no idea why JT isn't suing NOTW. I know VP is but haven't heard anything from JT on sueing these papers. How more can these tabloids destroy JT's image? They almost wrecked his marraige publicly maligned his image to such an extent that he lost his captaincy of the National team. He has nothing to lose now and could sue them.

Regarding VP, I have no clue how apologies can make up for the damage that has done to her personality and image. I was of the opinion that JT did cheat on his wife but after reading VPs interview I wonder if it was all media generated drivel.

Bloody hell, Warnie - you've changed your tune:

http://forums.CFCnet.co.uk/index.php?/topic/48038-joe-Cole-tactically-inept-carlo-ancelotti/page__view__findpost__p__915074

Sciatika   

He has nothing to lose now and could sue them.

I really don't think people on here get this at all. The decision to sue is a big one. JT saw what happened to Ash after he successfully won one of these actions and I am sure he will have learnt something from it. He will look at the big picture (I.e. his wife and family) and ask "do I or my family really need this to be dragged through the papers again?" Just because someone does not bring an action, does not mean they must be "guilty". They may choose to simply let it go in the interests of their loved ones. If the onus of proof is on the prosecution, then the papers can publish and be damned because they know it is incredibly hard to prove innocence, much harder than proving guilt.