• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Don't think you're right there at all. Liverpool certainly and not surprisingly got a press hammering for Heysel as I remember. They also suffered badly at the hands of the loathsome News International over Hillsborough.

Pete. Those incidents are before I was able to walk. Plus, people were killed.

I'm talking about today. Liverpool fans have always behaved badly whenever I've come across them yet suffer no abuse in the media. Same goes for Tottenham fans. Haven't been to WHL once without seeing some shot going down and it's always been instigated by them.

You never hear of these stories. Why?

It is a lunatic article - the Russian press are far far better informed than a UK reader.

This article talks about Politskaya, Litvinenko (Berezovsky's crony and we remember what the courst said about him) and ***** Riot - all of which are evidence she has done no proper research - it is just a list of the bullshit that gets written about Putin by Western media.

It talks about dead Russian soldiers when both the head of the Ukraine military and the UN observers both say they can't be found in Ukraine, and the efforts of the press for the past year have still not found Russian soldiers (or at least not when carrying a camera with them!).

It even has the nerve to blame Putin for the number of dead in Ukraine (ask yourself who is shelling the civilians in Ukraine)

Frightening though I agree - just different reasons.

Good stuff Droy. Really good to hear that point of view on this forum.

Khobar   

On the strength of this you have just reaffirmed your position. The simple fact is you appear to see little wrong in this behaviour.

I seriously fail to see how you can read what I wrote and assume I see little wrong with the behaviour. Are words not sufficient? As for Droy - we have plenty of disagreements and neither of us is guaranteed to support the other. To suggest otherwise is completely without foundation.

Edit my position indeed remains the same - innocent until proven guilty with a fair trial. If proven guilty, throw the book at then. I really don't see that as particularly controversial. Most of the upset here is caused by simple conjecture.

Edited by Khobar

It actually made me really sad to read this. I'm really sorry that you feel that way and that in the year 2015 and after all that's happened this year in Europe, you can't go to the match feeling perfectly comfortable.

Unfortunately there's a massive amount of idiots everywhere, not just in the stands at football. It's silly to say it's the "perfect" time, but now it really is THE time for every single person going to football to take a big look in the mirror and have a few extra thinks before opening their mouth.

Like said here before, when supporting the same football club, it should be nothing but a unifying factor for the supporters, no matter who they are in their everyday lives. It's disgusting that a small minority can ruin it big time for everyone.

Yes, what you are saying makes perfect sense, Bounce. And I actally agree with you - but the reality is we know what's going to happen at the match.

These boneheads will never learn. Maybe they should get their nuts slammed in a fridge door every time they start with their disgusting racism. That'd learn them, because the "educate them" argument is wearing thin. And I'm not being flippant - I think corporal punishment would be the only language these morons understand.

I also agree with Khobar on one point - and it's one my dad (who's supported Chels since 1950) made to me the other day - how do these people afford to go to Paris to watch Chelsea?

But anyway...the club has really suffered this week through no fault of its own. You do have to wonder if the same indignation would be heard were it another club. I have my doubts. Some of the comments from Jason Roberts and co, however, are inflammatory and unhelpful at best.

The QPR boss Ramsay speaks a lot of sense.

A good performance and win against Burnley will, I hope, lift at least a few clouds from Stamford Bridge.

I just hope these scumbuckets are recognized, banned for life from Stamford Bridge and ALL football grounds - and are dealt with severely by the law. They deserve nothing less. Ignorant bastards.

Anyone seen Stan Collymore's tweets recently and think he needs to see a psychiatrist? I neither like or dislike Rangers but his obsession with them and us is pretty weird and bordering on psychosis. He apparently suffers from borderline personality disorder and yet the shite he's coming out with (according to him) has generated 4000 new followers in the past 24 hours...

I just think it's slightly worrying that people like him are allowed on the radio, or anywhere where they can stir up **** and so many people are willing to listen.

Don't worry , they must be old tweets as he famously and with, much blowing of his own trumpet ceased using Twitter about 8 or 10 months ago because of the abuse he was getting. Talk Sport also joined in on the ban too.

It lasted about as long as they both realised the financial implications.

Just remember folks , Racism bad, domestic violence good.

"It was only once and with an open hand"

Just in case : Theyre both bad.

Edited by Mark Kelly

I think the guy is petrified of being forgotten.

It lasted about as long as they both realised the financial implications.

Just remember folks , Racism bad, domestic violence good.

Both very true. Funny how so many hypocritical people who take the moral high ground always seem to be linked to Liverpool football club in some way...

There's a very clear reason why he hates Rangers. Ally McCoist banged Ulrika and for that Stan battered her....... allegedly.

He calls them out for singing sectarian songs but had no issue with Celtic. Its purely personal. Knob.

Wow, I didn't know that was behind it. Well him and Ulrika are best buds now so it's completely fine everyone...

He really is a messed up disgrace of a human.

Edited by BlueFlag999

Pete. Those incidents are before I was able to walk. Plus, people were killed.

I'm talking about today. Liverpool fans have always behaved badly whenever I've come across them yet suffer no abuse in the media. Same goes for Tottenham fans. Haven't been to WHL once without seeing some shot going down and it's always been instigated by them.

You never hear of these stories. Why?

I take your point about my examples being significantly historical, but you do seem to have a hair trigger when it comes to claiming a conspiracy of one kind or another. I agree that Mail Newspapers hate us of course and that Sky, (aka News International), have a lot to answer for as well, but a collective conspiracy? Why?

Khobar   

I take your point about my examples being significantly historical, but you do seem to have a hair trigger when it comes to claiming a conspiracy of one kind or another. I agree that Mail Newspapers hate us of course and that Sky, (aka News International), have a lot to answer for as well, but a collective conspiracy? Why?

well, it does appear popular.

You have two of the country's mainstream media outlets. How many constitute a conspiracy?

Why??..we are the pantomime villains, it suits the narrative. since the 1980s we have always been portrayed in a negative light.

I find it as, if not more offensive that a person who went to public school is being condemned for being a racist by association rather than by proof. This fits the elitist bashing narrarative perfectly. It's a disgrace ( the aggressive racism) something that should be addressed, but this handwringing is a nonsense. Look around you, look at the world today. Far more worthy things to get upset about.