• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Poor old Stan , looks like he's OK with slagging off minorities , just as long as it isn't prefaced with the word "ethnic".

Seriously though, and I do mean this, I hope he gets the help he needs because that is one troubled dude.

It's clear he's in dire need of help. It's actually quite frightening how a person that's so visible in the public domain can act like this.

Rio Ferdinand is no prize but he's nothing compared to Stan.

Damn. I wish you hadn't said that. Of course I had to have a look. Jeez. It's frightening so many support him!?! What the **** is wrong with people? This is exactly what many on here have been saying - media commentators are big culprits in creating the poisonous atmosphere surrounding football at the moment. Celtic fans out en masses supporting him conveniently forgetting their own fans disgusting behaviour which is on a whole different scale to Chelsea.

I really can't see how he can keep his job at BT or how anyone bar the lowest of the low of the gutter press or talksport can ever employ him again.

He's literally losing his mind. A grown man. It's embarrassing. I'd say it's a very high probability you'll find quite a few monkey species with a higher IQ than him.

It's almost like it's a troll account to see how much people will follow someone with a certain agenda. Pretty sure he's increasing the hypocrisy and losing sanity with every tweet he comes up with.

I was pi**ing myself when he called Gazza a 'serial wife beater' yesterday.

Poor old Stan , looks like he's OK with slagging off minorities , just as long as it isn't prefaced with the word "ethnic".

Seriously though, and I do mean this, I hope he gets the help he needs because that is one troubled dude.

Just waiting for him to get the home run and call us 'homophobic rentboys'

Anyone remember this advert from 1986;...

It's from The Guardian newspaper and very apt after the metro clip. People see what they want to see and interpret the rest without knowing the full facts.

Yes, those on the train aren't the type of fans the club needs and I'm not condoning what they sang at all, but as I've said before, a trial by media is not the way to go.

Yes and...

Anyone remember a story about Chelsea fans causing trouble in Paris last season

Got a lot of coverage for a day or so until enough comments in the articles made it clear that the Chelsea fans had been attacked by the French.

I'm calm. Insults?, I' have insulted anyone though I understand that some of the posters on here seem to get very annoyed when they are asked to account for there views.

?? You have insulted people.

What you seem to avoid is the zero tolerance policy of this club and society as a whole.

I don't think anyone is ignoring the zero tolerance policy of the club or has said these people should not be suspended. But the zero tolerance policy of the club is enforced by the club. The zero tolerance policy of society is enforced by society (whose main arm is the police).

If I were there I'd have to balance personal safety against a duty to stand up and say something. But none of us were there, the situation is being dealt with and we can move on. Meanwhile there are plenty of other events where we can do our civic duty.

I feel it is extremely unfair that we have to answer in this way during a pre-match press conference. Am I just too naive? I swear other teams that have gone through things like this don't have to answer in this way.

And not did we, but I'm extremely glad that we did. Both of our speakers were excellent today I thought. The first statement was a very professional one, very well delivered as I might have expected from our Media Officer. That was followed by Jose, who spoke more personally. I thought what he said today, on all points, not just the metro incident, amounted to perhaps the best press conference I've ever seen him give. Really first class.

Perhaps not, but I for one am proud of the way the club have stood up and been proactive about this. The early statement, the appeal for witnesses, and our manager coming out and tackling it head on are exactly what is required of a club that has been tainted by suggestions of this sort of thing in the past. Right or wrong, the stima definitely exists, and it won't go away by being passive about it.

I am very proud of the club for the way they handled this.

Well said Harvz

Craig Burley is a sad little boy isn't he. To be honest, I'm bemused by the level of his vitriol year on year, but that in no way stops me from enjoying his squirming pain when he discusses anything to do with the club.

This story has just got a whole lot worse: Radio 5 Live are leading at the moment (18.00 UTC Friday) with an interview with the victim. He's complaining that the club has not apologised to him personally, or even been in contact with him or his lawyers, whereas PSG has already phoned him directly...

There are enough warring factions on this thread already, so I will withhold giving a point of view: I am just reporting this latest development.

Edit: Here's a link to part of the interview.

Edited by Johnny Blue

Collymore is a fool and the only reason he's on talksport is to provoke which gains listeners/advertising/call charges. That goes fot most of their 'experts'. Those you listen only have themselves to blame.

However,one thing that has struck me when reading this topic generally is how we slaughter anyone who criticises our club yet adore those you don't.

I'm also very proud about the way our club and 99.9% of fans have reacted to the paris incident. What has annoyed me though is how the press one week say we're a club full of Henry and Tarquinn middle class snobs who eat prawn sarnies and don't sing etc. but this week are still full of working class racist yobs. Surely it's one or the other?!

I'm a little worried about the reaction we'll get if (IF!) we're beating spurs at Wembley and we start to ssssh them for being quiet. We all know how that'll be reported.