• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

thought it was pretty clear at the time, and reiterated several times but apology not required (although accepted anyway) and can't say I suffered any heartache from you - just a bunch of ridiculous accusations from someone else. Got more than enough things to worry about right now than his silliness.

What IS my opinion is that the original victim of some drunken unpleasantness has done little to inspire much sympathy from me ever since, which in my opinion somewhat weakens his own case and that of many victims of far worse abuse, mental and physical. Would rather the whole unsavoury incident would just go away though, instead of being constantly replayed by the media.

Well done you Khobar. Unfortunately we live in a world where some people wish to be offended by everything and anything. They don't see it but there standpoint/argument is nothing more than a Dutch auction.

As for Mr S any sympathy has long since evapourated. He has in fact done the real anti racism campaign a disservice by his mercenary actions.

Why can't they just let it be a defeat in Europe, well done PSG and get on with. Why do they have to drag it through the mud. We lost on away goals ffs, it was a tight knockout game that we just missed out on by 5 minutes.

I think the thought we might get to the Semis again or further AND win the prem worried a lot of people who would have to start publicly supporting Chelsea at the end of the season.

They are delighted we lost, but have to make the most of it so they can put up with us winning the league.

That said, on yesterday's performance, it may not be so easy.

I thought only dirty foreigners did this?

And last week West Ham and....

Khobar   

As for Mr S any sympathy has long since evapourated. He has in fact done the real anti racism campaign a disservice by his mercenary actions.

This is the worst thing about it all. It has all become so 'Orwellian' that everyone is a victim and anyone who says otherwise is a criminal. A few knobs on a train who don't know when to stop drinking and can't understand the concept of going peacefully about their lives are being held up as true examples of racism and a bloke who got shoved of the train a few times (without, I imagine, any great emotion other than being kissed off about it and certainly no physical injury) is held up as a typical victim. Racism undoubtedly exists, no matter what your colour or where in the world you are, but it's not going to be tempered in any meaningful way by hanging a few inebriated numbskulls out to dry, it must be tackled where it's used in the most subtle ways.

People will generally never be perfect. I think the Irish have a lot to be wound up about if we're talking racism, or what about the 'canny' Scots? They treat these stereotypes with the contempt they deserve and get on with life, and the racism disappears into the shadows. Being Welsh, I've encountered far worse racism than what happened on the metro - why am I less of a victim? Last time I asked that here I was told it was because of Britain's role in the slave trade ffs.

Some people I like, some I dislike - their colour or nationality is irrelevant.

middxguy   

Back (I'm afraid) to the 'Paris Metro Incident'. I see a statement from the unfortunate Sulemeyn S, who was the victim of the drunken few, is now accusing Chelsea FC of trying to buy him off with a cheap piece of paper (match ticket) and complaining g that he is on tablets and cannot work because of his experience.

Now I was accused of many unsavoury things when previously playing devils advocate on the incident and refusing to believe everything written about the affair until the evidence had been properly investigated. However, this is my own opinion - the man is a shameless opportunist looking for a payday. I still sympathise for his manhandling but I also think he is giving every appearance of being a prize plum.

If the incident had happened to me I would have been incensed so I can imagine how Sulemeyn S felt at the time.

The strange thing is that Sulemeyn S did not report the incident to the police immediately nor did he tell his wife and it was only 24 hours later that the issue was taken up by a Parisian paper. While clearly Mr S was the victim of an assault, I share Khobar's scepticism at the extent of his suffering.

Before anybody jumps down from a high horse, it is quite possible to be opposed in principle to hooliganism and racism and yet think the incident has been overplayed and is being milked by lawyers. The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

I am also concerned about the lack of forensic skill used in the press and social media. Not everyone in that carriage committed assault and not everybody was racially abusive. Yet there is a lot of "guilt by association" in the air.

In reality very few Chelsea fans are racist thugs butt hat doesn't suit the media's agenda.

It's the Nixon v Kennedy debate all over again. Who looks good on tv and who doesn't? Guess which one is us?

Absolute insanity in the DM today, there is definitely an anti Chelsea campaign , no doubt about it.

Surrounding the ref = bad

Surrounding the ref if you're anyone else except Chelsea = no comment - Everton did it last night after a suspected elbow that actually wasn't and doesn't even get a mention.

We now face Southampton at the weekend with : our players scared to go down when tackled, scared to tackle the opposition, scared to question the decisions against us and our supporters scared to sing anything in support of the side.

I find it ironic that they hate anyone surrounding the ref trying to get a fellow professional dismissed but they're campaigning against our manager hoping to get him the sack.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Absolute insanity in the DM today, there is definitely an anti Chelsea campaign , no doubt about it.

Surrounding the ref = bad

Surrounding the ref if your anyone else except Chelsea = no comment - Everton did it last night after a suspected elbow that actually wasn't and doesn't even get a mention.

We now face Southampton at the weekend with : our players scared to go down when tackled, scared to tackle the opposition, scared to question the decisions against us and our supporters scared to sing anything in support of the side.

I find it ironic that they hate anyone surrounding the ref trying to get a fellow professional dismissed but they're campaigning against our manager hoping to get him the sack.

Daily Mail is hilarious. A quick look at their football section and you will get hit with a wall of anti Chelsea vitrol. They even managed to have an interview with Fernando about his charity work among other things and put on the following headline: City stars would never hound referee like Chelsea did against PSG. We're a calm team that tries to win the game on the pitch, says Fernando as he admits he has found Premier League challenging.

I've been thinking that the reason for this incredible media campaign is mostly because we are becoming self sufficient. What Chelsea have done, and are doing, is unprecended in English football. We have actually broken the established elite and spoiled their party. Before they could always talk about financial doping, but now that we managed to attract some of the biggest sponsorship deals in football and actually seem to be running on our own gas, they really can't use that excuse anymore. And it burns them inside. I think they are really afraid that we will go on to create another dynasty. They will try to do anything in order to stop us, that is for sure. Winning the league this year would beat the previous ones.

Edited by Ibn Battuta

It's amazing how much Chelsea-related content is written for non-Chelsea fans. Supporters of other clubs are absolutely obsessed with us. They cannot get enough of us, of Terry, of Mourinho.

As someone who is not a big fan of our Liverpool piss-take thread, I find that a bit sad and embarrassing. Only one team means anything to me and I certainly don't spend my days reading up on anyone else. If you measured out support in terms of time dedicated to talking or thinking about a club, I'm not sure any of the other 'big' PL sides would have any fans.

It's amazing how much Chelsea-related content is written for non-Chelsea fans. Supporters of other clubs are absolutely obsessed with us. They cannot get enough of us, of Terry, of Mourinho.

As someone who is not a big fan of our Liverpool piss-take thread, I find that a bit sad and embarrassing. Only one team means anything to me and I certainly don't spend my days reading up on anyone else. If you measured out support in terms of time dedicated to talking or thinking about a club, I'm not sure any of the other 'big' PL sides would have any fans.

Not only fans, but proffesional players as well. Current and former. The obsession with everything Chelsea is actually amazing. You could write a doctorate on this phenomenon.