• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

"The north Londoners are already four points behind rivals Chelsea, but Denilson insisted: 'Arsenal are the best team. We have the players and we have the touch. Chelsea have very strong players but they are old.

'This was just one game, we are still in a good position - and we play like Barcelona. Arsenal are going to win a trophy this season"

We might as well give up now, we are to old!

If he actually said that..... oh dear.

Has anyone read the Liverpool fans commenting article. He seems to have missed the fact for the period 1992 - 200? Stamford Bridge was being redeveloped and had a reduced capacity. For at least 3 years the west upper was missing. Not to mention the Temp shed end while the car park was being built, the Shed missing, North West corner missing, West Lower missing. I believe they even managed to get around 40 extra seats in the north east corner one pre season.

Blackpool fans can sing all the like, they're more glory hunters than anyone. Only filling their stadium when they hit success. Don't know why everyone sings that chant when all clubs fill they're stadium more in success. Its pathetic

LOL......so obvious his azz is hurting. I mean of course all the teams are just playing dead against us.....it certainly isn't because we play some good football.....ridiculous ape he is.

http://www.the-promised-land.com/2010/09/for-those-who-know-that-brothers-bond.html

I've been reading back through the thread and came across this, what a disgrace. And even worse they've a new post about it attacking Chelsea fans!!

" Of course Chelsea is nowhere near Essex, but my problem is that I always get mixed up with Chelsea players and Essex whores, who are also trashy and overpaid."

"Unlike CFCnet, Peter Sampson and the rest of the Rent Boys living in their deceptively flattering bubble over in Fulham."

What the hell?? This is too far even for United fans!

http://www.the-promised-land.com/2010/09/for-those-who-want-to-be-heard.html

What else would you expect from such a poor and amatuerish writer? He kids himself about ties between CFCnet and his blog benefiting both when his writing is like something from a twelve year old. The only reason it's getting any views is because of the odd use of a controversial piece. For example the link on here where he calls us rent boys will probably double the views of his blog.

My mind boggles at the fact that he resorts to using such low, stereotypical insults then has the audacity to accuse us of not constructing proper arguments.

Four pages of rant and delusion does not equate to a well constructed argument... And I KNOW you're going to read this.

paulw66   

Too right.

As per usual the Blackpool fans were at it again yesterday with the "where were you when we were sh*t" nonsense.

They need a little closer to home!! Last season average crowd there was 11'684 (the season before that considerably lower) & this season 15'529 - A difference of about 33%.

Perhaps we should indeed bat it back to the others.

I would be very interested to see what Blackpool's average away support was last year for League games in the London area and compare that with how many came down on Sunday. I bet the difference is huge.

It's like when we play FA cup home games against lower league teams and they sing "where were you when you were sh*t" whilst selling more tickets in the Shed for that one game than their average home attendance.

What else would you expect from such a poor and amatuerish writer? He kids himself about ties between CFCnet and his blog benefiting both when his writing is like something from a twelve year old. The only reason it's getting any views is because of the odd use of a controversial piece. For example the link on here where he calls us rent boys will probably double the views of his blog.

I don't think this 'Promised Land' thing should be discussed any further on this thread.

Firstly, this thread is for Media and Press. The Promised Land blog is neither. It's not a professional setup or even a popular and successful amateur site - so it shouldn't be on here.

Where do you start?

A writer who thinks that the club is based in Essex. This may sound harsh, but his parents have a failure for a son.

The standard of writing verges between poor and abysmal. I understand that journalism is difficult to get into and many people start blogs as a way of getting their work seen and voice heard, but he shouldn't have even bothered. There's not an original thought in his work - it's all been said before, but to much better effect and with a lot more craft and invention.

If he’s serious about becoming an opinionated, interesting writer, then maybe he should study how others write, or even take a course, probably even attend University to get an education and give himself a chance (however slim it may be) to make a career out of it.

On the amateurish design, I've seen some brilliant blogs designed in Wordpress and Blogspot. That one, however, is dreadful. It's cheap, tacky and devoid of any quality. Sadly for him, it's befitting of his writing.

It actually depresses me because this person has clearly spent a lot of his life working on this, but the end result is embarrassing.

What makes matters worse, is that his life motto is:

If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing well. But if you can’t do it well, then don’t bother doing it at all.

On that note, Ross (I believe that's his name), if I were you, I would give up the website - because it’s not working out – and instead concentrate on getting an education. I’m being genuine. It’s sad to see when people amount to nothing and end up wasting their life.

Make your parents proud of you, at least once.

Can we not mention his site on here again, please.