• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Media / Press

kratos   

Funny my dad used to tell me that about the scousers back in the day.

Very functional but nobody ever cared.

I think many press men will never accept us as part of their football aristocracy.

News now always helps me separate those tip bits from the rest of the crud.

Odd thing is that Leeds were the "other" team back then, but nobody ever says a good word about them. Wonder why?

Odd thing is that Leeds were the "other" team back then, but nobody ever says a good word about them. Wonder why?

Leeds, early 70s, really were a thuggish team. Filthy. Hardly anyone stood up to them though, except Chelsea in that notorious and bloody final and replay.

Then in 1973, they magically changed - perhaps because Don Revie fancied the England job. They wore yellow instead of white and were fabulously entertaining for a while.

Leeds, early 70s, really were a thuggish team. Filthy. Hardly anyone stood up to them though, except Chelsea in that notorious and bloody final and replay.

Then in 1973, they magically changed - perhaps because Don Revie fancied the England job. They wore yellow instead of white and were fabulously entertaining for a while.

Agreed: animals. And some of those early 70s Scum vs L**ds matches were really ground out tedium, whatever may have happened after 73. So why doesn't anyone say a good word for them - because they're out of Prem? Christ help us if they ever get their act in gear, it'll be P*t*r L*r*m*r this and B*lly bloody Br*mn*r that, same as St Stevie the Slipper now.

Mutu7   

Don't say it too loudly but Leeds were like us in one respect... interlopers into the red elite. They were never accepted by the establishment either.

As for Liverpool back then, BORING for the most part. I laugh when Scouse fans with selective memories go on about how thrilling they were. They were masters of the sponny 1-0 away win. It also can't be a coincidence that they haven't won the league once since the back pass rule was changed. Only the Dalglish managed side with Barnes, Beardsley etc was any good to watch.

Reading the Excess today you would think United were contesting the league and Champions League instead of trying to stay in the top 4. I'm look forward to similar accolades for Arse after we play them on Sunday. Seriously if their journos were any worse they could write for the Mail.

Edited by Duffo The Bear

Giles was a cheat as well.

Not half. Not to mention the odious front two of Jones and Clarke as well. They brought elbowing into the game, most of it off the ball. as for Liverpool, nobody also never used to denounce Tommy Smith as a dirty b****rd, he was probably their dirtiest ever player, second to Jimmy Case.