• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

hanuma   

After Ancelotti's sit-down talk with all the players about their behaviour I wonder whether he will also start to introduce the sort of culture he helped cultivate in Serie A with regards to press-relations. Milan were particularly open and invited members of the press in to training and post-match situations for a more personal look at things. In some ways having that extra media presence helped cultivate a more professional/adult approach to living the footballer's life.

Perhaps not possible to do that with the media in this country, like inviting the Fox into the hen house.

They've been after A Cole for ages.

I've read some scurrilous reports that he's suicidal.

I cannot help but wonder , what if the very worse should happen and he does decide to end it all?

Will their headline be "Ashley Cole dead - It was the Sun wot dun it"?

Amongst it all I find it most amusing that today the papers are "reporting" that he's going to be fined 200K by the club for appearing in the papers again this weekend.

Now I may be wrong (because I haven't really read the entire report) but if the players were "read the riot act" by Gourlay last week , how can you fine someone for something that was commited last summer before the riot act was read?

As for "reports" that Abramovich is incensed by the players infidelities again I cannot help but question why somebody who has famously chucked his wife in for a dolly bird would have the brass balls to complain when his staff follow his lead.

As for Hanuma's suggestion that maybe like Milan we should invite the press in every day and feed them stories to keep their editors happy (after all it seems to work with "teflon" Harry Redknapp) I would counter that what we should do is invite them all onto Roman's yacht , pilot it into the mid Atlantic and then scupper it (after selling the rights to video footage to Sky of course).

simon   

After Ancelotti's sit-down talk with all the players about their behaviour I wonder whether he will also start to introduce the sort of culture he helped cultivate in Serie A with regards to press-relations. Milan were particularly open and invited members of the press in to training and post-match situations for a more personal look at things. In some ways having that extra media presence helped cultivate a more professional/adult approach to living the footballer's life.

Perhaps not possible to do that with the media in this country, like inviting the Fox into the hen house.

Would be nice if he did. Probably do some off our players good.

I always thought the media in Italy were even harsher on footballers than media are here.

They've been after A Cole for ages.

I've read some scurrilous reports that he's suicidal.

I cannot help but wonder , what if the very worse should happen and he does decide to end it all?

Will their headline be "Ashley Cole dead - It was the Sun wot dun it"?

Now the Sun's dream come true, they divorced. Wonder what will they write next time? Sorry it has been a bit off topic.

Seb   

Would be nice if he did. Probably do some off our players good.

I always thought the media in Italy were even harsher on footballers than media are here.

Perhaps on things that matter - I.e on the pitch.

Khobar   

Aaaah, they won't be happy until they've finally 'nailed' their targets will they? I'm actually having a bit of difficulty in deciding whether they're trying to scupper Chelsea - which is the normal way of things - or England which is again traditional pre World Cup. Thinking about it, probably both. Joe Cole will be next - all the whispers about his form, contract negotiations and the rest of it - then there's Lampard. Bit tougher to get him, but as so many England fans seem to hate him anyway maybe they aren't that bothered.

It's not just our players of course - has anyone else been reading with bemusement all the rubbish about Gordon Brown? It has all the same ingredients of unsubstantiated quotes and innuendo of course, but with the added gravitas of the head of a charity hinting that Browns' staff have called her charity because of bullying. It now becomes apparent that no one actually accused Brown of bullying, and the aptly named Mrs Pratt decided to virtually identify the callers by naming the circumstances (would YOU call a confidential helpline if this was a possibility?). Added to that, Mrs Pratt seems to be using the charity to further her husbands' consultancy business.

So, having disregarded the somewhat tainted evidence of Mrs Pratt we're left with - accusations made in a book in the run up to an election written by.............a journalist.

Not keen on Labour (or any of the others to be honest), but I may find myself voting for them just to cock a snook at Murdoch & co. Oh, and for the record, I'm quite comfortable at the thought of having a domineering, bullying Prime Minister. Even the Tories thought it was ok in Mrs T's day.

Well I hope they're sick after we win the league. And if we win the Double or even the Treble, it will be the equvalent of kicking the press in the balls. Anyway, the press are the biggest hypocrites in the world, they slaughtered Toni Terry for taking JT back, but back some third rate singer all the time whatever she does.

hanuma   

As for Hanuma's suggestion that maybe like Milan we should invite the press in every day and feed them stories to keep their editors happy (after all it seems to work with "teflon" Harry Redknapp) I would counter that what we should do is invite them all onto Roman's yacht , pilot it into the mid Atlantic and then scupper it (after selling the rights to video footage to Sky of course).

Nice idea but more would take their place, there's no getting rid of the media.