• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Not keen on Labour (or any of the others to be honest), but I may find myself voting for them just to cock a snook at Murdoch & co. Oh, and for the record, I'm quite comfortable at the thought of having a domineering, bullying Prime Minister. Even the Tories thought it was ok in Mrs T's day.

Does this count as "cocking a snoot" at Murdoch and his rags ? sadly tis a bit near an election to see anything concrete come out of this, but you never know. . .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/feb/24/phone-hacking-scandal-mps-report

Khobar   

Not keen on Labour (or any of the others to be honest), but I may find myself voting for them just to cock a snook at Murdoch & co. Oh, and for the record, I'm quite comfortable at the thought of having a domineering, bullying Prime Minister. Even the Tories thought it was ok in Mrs T's day.

Does this count as "cocking a snoot" at Murdoch and his rags ? sadly tis a bit near an election to see anything concrete come out of this, but you never know. . .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/feb/24/phone-hacking-scandal-mps-report

It would, but I doubt anything would come of it. I wonder why they were so keen to pay Gordon Taylor a large sum of money to keep schtum? To be honest, as the players' representative he may have served them better had he taken NOTW to court rather than lining his pockets.

There was a very interesting post of 'yawn' earlier in the thread. Stunning stuff! I'm surprised that that poster didn't see any link between NOTW and current party politics, seeing as Andy Coulson is David Camerons right hand man. The current 'political' debate has certainly got an air of dumbing down to it hasn't it? The whole of society appears to be in a spiral of tabloid sensationalism and junk television. Orwell was right about Big Brother, he just forgot to mention that it was a junk TV program that would mush everyones brains.

Khobar   

Clive Tyldsley was at it again last night....god I hate that man, as much as he hates us....

Yes, couldn't quite believe it when he said " I can't hear the Chelseafans singing NOW" when Milan got their second. Did hesay the Same on one of those famousAnfield nights when Liverpool went out in the group stage?

Shelly   

Yes, couldn't quite believe it when he said " I can't hear the Chelseafans singing NOW" when Milan got their second. Did hesay the Same on one of those famousAnfield nights when Liverpool went out in the group stage?

The blokes a complete Stephen Hunt...thats all there is to it...

Re Coulson too true the Tories are oddly quiet about this, god how many months left before we are put out our misery re general election or Terry/Cole.

Their is no political debate when you only need approx. 30% of the the active voting population to form a Government which party is going to care about engagement with the masses ?

This is also why we are unlikely to see any reform of the media and how it operates, no Independent Press complaints commission, no easy redress to press miss-reporting or sanctions and no break up of cross media ownership. too many vested interests.

looking on the bright side Murdoch is getting old and just does not get the internet (losses at Myspace and so on) and if he really thinks people will pay to read his rags online he is deluded.

re " yawn" well covered that man, point probably lost on some though

Holymoly   

As I understand it, Terry had an affair with Bridge's EX-girlfriend? Insofar as that is concerned the only moral judgement to be made on Terry, in my opinion, would be with respect to Terry's wife. She is the injured party here. It took two people to have the affair and Bridge wasn't one of them. He had already blown his relationship and if the press are going to go beating people with the morality stick perhaps they should take a look at the fact that he had a baby with the woman in question and yet didn't appear to have any intention of marrying her. There doesn't seem to be a lot of commitment being shown there if you ask me.

To be brutally honest if John Terry wanted to have an affair with MY ex-wife it's he I'd expect people to feel sorry for, not me.

Another case of the the "holier than thou" media winding themselves up into a frenzy that should actually just be a private matter.

Clive Tyldesley?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2009/apr/27/week

As eyes turn to overseas media types - RTL? Mediaset? Haim Saban? - as the potential new owner of ITV, the station's football commentator Clive Tyldesley may like to erase its coverage of the 4-4 Champions League draw between Chelsea and Liverpool. Monkey only mentions this after 42 complaints to Ofcom over Tyldesley's impression of the Dutch accent of Chelsea's boss, Guus Hiddink. Hiddink, complained one viewer, is an internationally renowned manager, not deserving of "ridicule". TV, like football, is an international game these days, Clive.

The more ITV cover our games in the FA Cup and Champions League this season, the more we should take note of every single thing he says. If he makes just one slip up - we go to Ofcom. Again and again and again. He'll eventually notice that we hate him just as much as he hates us.

ITV's coverage of football can only be described as s**t! Clve Tyldesley is the worst commentator ever to foul up the small screen, he is just a ****ing joke. Pathetic and biased, why doesnt he just sod off and work for a local radio station up North instead? Commentators are supposed to be unbiased for Gawds sake.

Clive Tyldsley was at it again last night....god I hate that man, as much as he hates us....

Surely his comments on our games could be deemed as inflammitory. Should never be allowed to pollute the airwaves during one of our games again. Surely ITV can do better?

Inciteful NOT Insightful