• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Every press conference I've seen shown on SKY this morning has featured a SKY schill asking the manager about "Respecting the referees".

Ramping it up notch by notch.

All part of brushing under the carpet any suggestion that Jose might have had a point. That's how it all works and given that with rolling news and instant news peoples attention spans are minute it is an effective tactic

All part of brushing under the carpet any suggestion that Jose might have had a point. That's how it all works and given that with rolling news and instant news peoples attention spans are minute it is an effective tactic

You lost me at brushing.

They've actually evened it up with Pulis giving it the big'un about the money from the fines.

yep first thing I thought when I saw that he'd been fined

Of course he's got a point, that's what bothers them and that's what's starting to bother the FA.

Here's how I see it. In the game against Liverpool much was made of Costa's foot into the chest of Skirtle. Nothing more than a bit of afters really and more of a flick than a kick. But did you here them in commentary! 'That's a sending off offence, if the refs sees that he's off, they will probably have look at that again etc etc.'

So what happened? As yet I've heard nothing so I assume the FA have given him a free pass. But why? Well I'll tell you why, it's because the FA have made a rod for their own back since the Arsenal game and they know it. Jose is already using the "weak and naive" line to describe refs because he knows the FA are now powerless to punish him for it. If they did Costa for that flick ,which all the media and press insisted should happen (and they do like to listen to the media) all hell would brake loose. Jose would have have compared the Gabriel off the ball back kick which led to a rescinded red card to Costa getting a retrospective red for a far less cynical offence. The FA have now made it OK and acceptable to give a bit of afters when the ball has gone . Well at least until peoples memories fade a bit.

Things would have started to stack up against the FA and their judgments, and a Costa ban have been almost impossible to defend in the current climate. I was desperate for them to try and do Costa but I think they saw Jose's move coming.

Edited by NoblyBobly

spot on totally agree. I had some Arsenal fan trying to play dumb saying their players was a lesser offence as he didn't make contact!! Jose's whole campaign point was always aimed at the media and their unhealthy influence over the FAs decision making process. They know it we know it and only the media tried to twist it as Jose says FA and refs have a campaign against us. Its one of the reasons they (the media) are going full out to get him sacked right now. refs don't like us that's for sure but their only bias is being fed via the media, If you see costas dark arts on news loop constantly youre hardly going to give him the benefit of the doubt if you half catch something out the corner of your eye.

They screwed up by letting the arsenal player off and not charging Wenger and they know Jose knows it.

SKY off again.

On the eve of a game he's already been banned from, they have the reasons ,straight from the commission that banned him three days ago.

Apparently he was "aggressive" "animated" and used the phrase "Wenger was right you referees are ducking soft".

Wow, straight from the commission on the eve of a must win game he's already been banned from they have the story that was reported word for word two weeks ago.

Why we even talk to them I have no idea.

PS. Strangely no ban for Wenger for saying it in the first place.

SKY off again.

On the eve of a game he's already been banned from, they have the reasons ,straight from the commission that banned him three days ago.

Apparently he was "aggressive" "animated" and used the phrase "Wenger was right you referees are ducking soft".

Wow, straight from the commission on the eve of a must win game he's already been banned from they have the story that was reported word for word two weeks ago.

Why we even talk to them I have no idea.

PS. Strangely no ban for Wenger for saying it in the first place.

Nice of the FA to provide the BBC et al with a copy of the referees report.

cam4blue   

Funny how we get to hear every iota of what Jose apparently did wrong, full written reasoning being made public, exerts from the referees report there for the media to lap up; but nothing about what Pulis was supposed to have done when being found guilty of the exact same charge a day earlier.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/nov/one-match-stadium-suspension-for-jose-Mourinho

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2015/nov/tony-pulis-fined-after-admitting-fa-rules-breach

If the FA were trying to hide the fact that they are cozying up to (and fanning) the "trial by media" currently going on, they are not doing a very good job of it.

I suppose if it came out that Pulis had said something worse than "you're f**king soft" (not beyond the realms of possibility, in fact, fairly likely), then they would look quite hypocritical.

But he's not news. So he doesn't matter. This FA only cares about what the media say, not fairness.