• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Stim   

There is so much wrong with that sentence it's actually quite impressive. In so few words he manages to be wrong about so many things

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

How do fans' opinions affect a team's ability to win trophies?

And how is our respect for and attachment to a player who has played with such distinction and led us to so many trophies for over a decade a 'ridiculous fixation'? 

Anyone would think Crooks has 'issues'.

Yup, pretty much my thoughts. 

Anyone would think we have nothing under JT's leadership and or he is playing poorly this season. Neither of which are true. How he is allowed to keep spouting this tripe for the BBC is beyond me 

3 hours ago, exiledblue said:

^ He is as anti white as much as some people are anti black, I find his team of the week often laughable and his comments regarding black managerial quotas were a joke. I have had a dislike of him for his JT comments for some time so am sensitive to all of his comments but his continued attacks on JT also show where his opinions lay and with this and he is trying to convince everyone to believe him. Never mind the lack of legal evidence.

Who is he to tell us we should not love JT and call him captain, legend, leader? JT has done more for our club than 99% of players have done for their clubs including his cameo at Spurs

I'm not sure 'anti-white' is the correct term, probably more of a case of being so extremely pro-black that his agenda then undermines his arguments and points.

The black manager issue is a good example, the simple facts are that on a purely success based criteria, black managers have generally either performed very averagely or not particularly well. Is there a black manager that has been as successful as a Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Pochettino, Ranieri or Ancelotti in the premiership era? These are all managers that are not English, which is where the argument falls down badly, because it's not about ethnic background, it's about success. If a football club believes a manager will bring them lots of success then they would not care a bit about their race or nationality, that has been proven through successful players.

The issue at the Oscars recently reminds me of this, surely awards are based on merit not ensuring there is an actor nominated from each ethnic background or sexual orientation? It makes a mockery of the whole process, unfortunately we live in a world now where people can make a living out of being offended or victimised, I'm not saying people are not allowed a voice to highlight injustice, that is incredibly important in society, but there will be some that misuse that right for their personal gain and career development. 

Crooks certainly has his agenda and when people can see it so blatantly then all it does is undermine him.

OzzyCFC   

Matt LeTiss on Sky Sports "I'm afraid Chelsea have scored". He gets paid to be impartial right?!

35 minutes ago, OzzyCFC said:

Matt LeTiss on Sky Sports "I'm afraid Chelsea have scored". He gets paid to be impartial right?!

In all fairness, isn't Le Tissier a closet Chels? 

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

In all fairness, isn't Le Tissier a closet Chels? 

Paul Merson suported us as a boy.  I'm surprised Le Tisser said that though, he's usually fair with us.  But Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson and Alan McInally are tossers of the highest order.

• Like 1

Finally A Fellow Player with the Decency to tell the Truth!

Thankyou Barry for being ...Normal.

"Everton midfielder Gareth Barry says Chelsea striker Diego Costa did not bite him when they clashed during Saturday's FA Cup quarter-final"

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35797448

8 minutes ago, earthshine said:

Finally A Fellow Player with the Decency to tell the Truth!

Thankyou Barry for being ...Normal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35797448

I think I'd have liked him a bit more if he hadn't followed him around the pitch for ninety minutes kicking him at every given opportunity under the nose of the woefully inept shooting star of refereeing who did the sqaure root of sod all to protect Costa.

The flare up was entirely the fault of Oliver , he could have nipped it in the bud from the off but was scared of the crowd.

• Like 1

^Absolutely - and I  suspect Barry and co couldn't believe how much they got away with.

I'd respect Barry a lot more if he had said what he said in the evening, not the morning after.

(err that sound creepy, doesn't it)

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I'd have liked him a bit more if he hadn't followed him around the pitch for ninety minutes kicking him at every given opportunity under the nose of the woefully inept shooting star of refereeing who did the sqaure root of sod all to protect Costa.

The flare up was entirely the fault of Oliver , he could have nipped it in the bud from the off but was scared of the crowd.

Yes indeed.

However that is Barry's game. That is why he remains at Everton. When his star was on the rise he was linked with every top club in the land. Unfortunately these are also the kind of things expected by the one manager in the league who thinks he deserves to be in the league of the greats already. He has taken the arrogance from from JM, Wenger, and Ferguson without the actual talent.