Forum Administrator

Media / Press

8,002 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2017 at 8:41 AM, Ham said:

Neither did I.  There's no way in the world McKenzie or his editor would have published the story if either of them meant this as a racist comment. 

You can't be serious! The whole raison d'etre of the Sun and other guttersnipe British outlets is to propagate racist ideas. All they do is traffic racist stereotypes day in and day out. 

4 minutes ago, Galol said:

You can't be serious! The whole raison d'etre of the Sun and other guttersnipe British outlets is to propagate racist ideas. All they do is traffic racist stereotypes day in and day out. 

Grow up.  Ironically you're being racist now. 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Grow up.  Ironically you're being racist now. 

Nope. Try again. 

Denying/minimizing blatant racism is nothing new. If you want to defend racist institutions you'll welcome to do it. Just be prepared to take the responsibility for it because others will you hold accountable. 

It's 2017 FFS!

17 minutes ago, Galol said:

Nope. Try again. 

Denying/minimizing blatant racism is nothing new. If you want to defend racist institutions you'll welcome to do it. Just be prepared to take the responsibility for it because others will you hold accountable. 

It's 2017 FFS!

Read the article again. See what is being called racism. Then come back to me. 

He was being compared to a gorilla because of the vacant stare in his eyes.  If you seriously think The Sun, circa 2017, meant to compare Barkley to a gorilla because of his ethnicity then you're just being daft.

And again, how many on here knew Barkley was mixed race? 

Blatant racism? Please.

36 minutes ago, Ham said:

Read the article again. See what is being called racism. Then come back to me. 

He was being compared to a gorilla because of the vacant stare in his eyes.  If you seriously think The Sun, circa 2017, meant to compare Barkley to a gorilla because of his ethnicity then you're just being daft.

And again, how many on here knew Barkley was mixed race? 

Blatant racism? Please.

Really, dude? You're seriously making that argument?

First, there's no such thing as "mixed race," for the concept of mixed races presupposes the existence of "pure race." Care to tell us the pure races?

Second, I had no idea Barkley had recent Nigerian heritage. He looks like typical white dude to me. But that is irrelevant because the source of this is story is The Sun. The Sun has editorial filter whose sole purpose is to denigrate visible minorities, religious minorities, the poor, the weak and the powerless all the while glorifying the rich and the powerful. Had this story been written by anyone other than a Sun reporter, I might have dismissed it as badly written article. But it was penned by The Sun reporter, so I can't give the benefit of the doubt. If this so-called reporter is genuine in his denials, he should do the honourable thing and resign. 

8 minutes ago, Galol said:

Really, dude? You're seriously making that argument?

First, there's no such thing as "mixed race," for the concept of mixed races presupposes the existence of "pure race." Care to tell us the pure races?

Second, I had no idea Barkley had recent Nigerian heritage. He looks like typical white dude to me. But that is irrelevant because the source of this is story is The Sun. The Sun has editorial filter whose sole purpose is to denigrate visible minorities, religious minorities, the poor, the weak and the powerless all the while glorifying the rich and the powerful. Had this story been written by anyone other than a Sun reporter, I might have dismissed it as badly written article. But it was penned by The Sun reporter, so I can't give the benefit of the doubt. If this so-called reporter is genuine in his denials, he should do the honourable thing and resign. 

I'm leaving this here because your tin foil hat is getting in the way of sensible discussion. 

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm leaving this here because your tin foil hat is getting in the way of sensible discussion. 

There will never be sensible discussion with The Sun, the guttersnipe press and their apologists. 

2 minutes ago, Galol said:

There will never be sensible discussion with The Sun, the guttersnipe press and their apologists. 

FB_IMG_1489831716114.jpg

OK guys, I think that we've travelled as far as is sensible (and then some) with this nonsense. Move on before things get really ugly, and the mods have to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

OK guys, I think that we've travelled as far as is sensible (and then some) with this nonsense. Move on before things get really ugly, and the mods have to deal with it.

Fine by me.