Forum Administrator

Media / Press

8,002 posts in this topic

I think Rob Wooton (?) @SKY is the only one of them on our side , I have a sneaky suspicion he's a Chelsea supporter and he did his level best to ensure the handball was defined as such.

SKY though, made sure they had some impartial viewpoints on it by asking Ander Herrera if he had in fact handballed it or not .

Guess what he said ?

Answers on a postcard to "Lying Basque bastard competition".

Also , since when was an international handball OK when it balances out two legitimate bookings for idiocy in the cup game ?

The best team won yesterday but they were literally handed the first goal by yet more refereeing incompetence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Rob Wooton (?) @SKY is the only one of them on our side , I have a sneaky suspicion he's a Chelsea supporter and he did his level best to ensure the handball was defined as such.

SKY though, made sure they had some impartial viewpoints on it by asking Ander Herrera if he had in fact handballed it or not .

Guess what he said ?

Answers on a postcard to "Lying Basque bastard competition".

Also , since when was an international handball OK when it balances out two legitimate bookings for idiocy in the cup game ?

The best team won yesterday but they were literally handed the first goal by yet more refereeing incompetence.

Haven't watched Sky Sports for years, unless I'm in a pub, but I do remember that Rob Wootton is a Chelsea fan.

Thank goodness Frank has started doing some freelance punditry although he hasn't met the qualification of having played for either Liverpool or Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JaneB said:

Thank goodness Frank has started doing some freelance punditry although he hasn't met the qualification of having played for either Liverpool or Arsenal.

Frank is getting better, though he is still mostly in current player mode - trying to be polite on all sides and not directly criticising much.  Still shows more promise than almost anyone else but Neville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Rob Wooton (?) @SKY is the only one of them on our side , I have a sneaky suspicion he's a Chelsea supporter and he did his level best to ensure the handball was defined as such.

Rob Wooton is definitely a Chelsea fan and a match going one at that, I've personally had him and I assume his son sat a few rows back from me at numerous away games this season. Not so many of late though.

Good for him, but I suspect he can't push it too far as his employers will know of his allegiances, if I recall correctly he did a light hearted clip on SLY Sports of his singing a Chelsea song? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to him he makes no secret of the fact that he's Chelsea, even on air. He's a refreshing change from BREAKING NEWS Jim White as he's very laid back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/17/2017 at 5:25 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Frank is getting better, though he is still mostly in current player mode - trying to be polite on all sides and not directly criticising much.  Still shows more promise than almost anyone else but Neville.

he was still praising Costa at the weekend which was rather surprising considering his form for some time has been poor

Edited by r.bartlett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

he was still praising Costa at the weekend which was rather surprising considering his form for some time has been poor

Probably not reading CFCnet any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-England-london-39729568

It's written as if the guy had actually been a Chelsea supporter it would been both understandable and acceptable. It's also disgusting that the headline suggests a Chelsea connection when it was entirely Spuds related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-England-london-39729568

It's written as if the guy had actually been a Chelsea supporter it would been both understandable and acceptable. It's also disgusting that the headline suggests a Chelsea connection when it was entirely Spuds related.

Of course it would have been acceptable , we're scum , our players are scum, our owner's stolen everything he owns and we were nothing before he arrived.

That's the rhetoric they've been playing up for years. 

This is what happens when the only press you get is bad press and it's force fed to the supporters of other clubs that they could have been doing so much better if it wasn't for Chelsea cheating their way through life.

The natural course is now to make everything that happened because of their actions our fault , they're just following it to its conclusion.

Don't forget they tried to pin Heysel on us too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, you could read it the other way - the Spuds are so thick they fight among themselves (a good reason for wearing blue to matches, stops the Spuds picking on you?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now