Forum Administrator

Media / Press

paulw66   
56 minutes ago, Ham said:

I call shotgun on that. 

Screenshot_20170509-151411.png

fair play!

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Until his FAC semi final meltdown, I always thought Jenas was a decent pundit. Didn't think he was too bad the other night, either.

Yeh, I'm with you Backbiter. At least he's articulate. Shearer's a glove puppet I think. Shame, seeing as how he always talks us up.

I quite like Chris Sutton; especially the looks he gives Mark Chapman on the Sunday lunchtime show when MC is talking his usual load of cobblers!

Jasonb   

I also like Chris Sutton, speaks his mind and appears honest about his own career too, both ups and downs.

Ham   

I get the feeling Chris Sutton's agent has a word with him at the beginning of this season because Chris Sutton pundit 2.0 has been deliberately controversial and/or over the top all season. He was boring as hell last season. 

Holymoly   
On 10/05/2017 at 8:12 AM, A Blue Essien said:

Nevin is one of the best pundits, offering incisive and analytical analysis. He really should get more screen time. 

Subscribe to Chelsea TV then ;-)

bert19   
On 5/10/2017 at 8:12 AM, A Blue Essien said:

Nevin is one of the best pundits, offering incisive and analytical analysis. He really should get more screen time. 

Probably why he's not on too often.  BBC probably don't want the man who highlights the deficiencies of so many of the other pundits by actually offering insight and analysis rather than just spouting opinion.

Nevin has always impressed me with the way that he talks about the game.  But he does somewhat intellectualise it at times - that's not what they want if you need someone to follow a narrative or reinforce commonly held opinions. 

I remember towards the end of the 12/13 season, Nevin did a piece on the difference between a long ball and a long range pass (highlighting Luiz's ability to pick out Torres from 50 yards away with the latter). 

Hardly supported Hansen etcs narrative that Luiz is rubbish and a liability for the team when you highlight an obvious strength in a player that few players in the league really possess. 

• Like 1

Can't wait for the Chelsea leaving the Bridge party seeing as Spurs aren't moving any further than we are. 

Baloo   
42 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Can't wait for the Chelsea leaving the Bridge party seeing as Spurs aren't moving any further than we are. 

The hype around that shittip is sickening, it was bad enough with West Ham last year but this takes the cake. Can you imagine if they actually win something.