• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

YOUNG lady? Now there's a turn up for the books.

Indeed.  I thought it said 29 but maybe I misread it.  Coleen is pregnant again too (or was that another time?  Hard to keep up) 

Edited by JaneB

Ham   
55 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Indeed.  I thought it said 29 but maybe I misread it.  Coleen is pregnant again too (or was that another time?  Hard to keep up) 

I think Holymoly was alluding to Wazza's penchant for a toothless Tom. 😉

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

I think Holymoly was alluding to Wazza's penchant for a toothless Tom. 😉

Yes Ham, I did realise what HM was referring to 🙄 But thank you for such a lovely turn of phrase.

On 1 September 2017 at 5:33 PM, fillerywhereru said:

So in the summer window Chelsea signs-

A Spanish international forward from Real 

A current German centre half

A current french central midfielder

A current Italian right wing back

An experienced backup goal keeper from a title rival 

A title winning central midfielder who has played for England

and yet words like frustrating an unbecoming for champions have been used, and the BBC are asking why dont players want tosign for us.  Id say weve done pretty good business and the ones we didn't sign were secondary targets anyway, cherries for the top of the cake. The media are desperate to portray Chelsea negatively.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the players we did sign. 

More a case of we could have used another 2-3. I saw a quite somewhere (probably from Matt Law) stating that Conte wanted 8 but only got 6.

It would have been a big difference between 17 (+Kenedy) or 19 without the need for Kenedy. 

Yep we can always use an extra player or two but the hysterical media description of frustrated Conte etc just isn't true. We have a squad more than capable of challenging on all fronts. We might win the league again on the other hand we might not against an already strong Man City and strengthened Utd but if we come 2nd or 3rd it wont be down to missing out on Oxlade Chamberlain or Barkley. And given that none of us thought we would win the league last season I think there shouldn't be too much disquiet on here either with a decent challenge that ends up in 2nd or 3rd place for instance. We haven't become a red team have we..remember where we came from and all  that.

38 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yep we can always use an extra player or two but the hysterical media description of frustrated Conte etc just isn't true. We have a squad more than capable of challenging on all fronts. 

We don't have a squad capable of challenging for PL or CL, let alone both and certainly not LC or FA.  It is just too small (Great players though)

bert19   
22 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

More a case of we could have used another 2-3. I saw a quite somewhere (probably from Matt Law) stating that Conte wanted 8 but only got 6.

It would have been a big difference between 17 (+Kenedy) or 19 without the need for Kenedy. 

I still reckon we'll bring a couple in come January.

cii99mn1   
On 2017-09-03 at 6:38 PM, Droy was my hero said:

We don't have a squad capable of challenging for PL or CL, let alone both and certainly not LC or FA.  It is just too small (Great players though)

Of course it's possible we'll challenge. I'm not saying it's likely we'll win either, but the chance isn't 0 like you seem to claim. 

On 9/1/2017 at 8:33 PM, fillerywhereru said:

So in the summer window Chelsea signs-

A Spanish international forward from Real 

A current German centre half

A current french central midfielder

A current Italian right wing back

An experienced backup goal keeper from a title rival 

A title winning central midfielder who has played for England

and yet words like frustrating an unbecoming for champions have been used, and the BBC are asking why dont players want tosign for us.  Id say weve done pretty good business and the ones we didn't sign were secondary targets anyway, cherries for the top of the cake. The media are desperate to portray Chelsea negatively.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, jangz said:

It's really funny because most on here are saying squad isn't strong enough to be in latter stages if UCL .. while acknowledging we shall be alright in the league.. on the other hand spurs pool arsenal signings were centred at being in the top 4 and we are the ones getting stick.. tells all u want to know a thing the media.. hypocrites!

Indeed. It's become the narrative, regardless of what is actually happening. They were so desperate for us to lose against Spurs and were absolutely gutted when we ruined the party. The follow up win against Everton shut them up for a bit, only to resurface during the international break to create more headlines. 

Let's just continue to work and churn out results. You would think they'd have a bit more respect for the champions. 

On 9/3/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

Yes, no doubt, we definitely needed a few more, but the players we have signed are quality. Sometimes you can't get everything you want and we've certainly had a much better window than the likes of West Ham, Arsenal, or Palace. I'd argue that we've had a better window than Spurs or Liverpool as well. 

On 9/3/2017 at 9:38 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I think we have a squad than can be there or thereabouts by January, after which we can try to strengthen in the places that we're short. 

The League Cup means nothing and the FA cup doesn't start till the new year so we can just focus on the league and the 4 CL games (5 if you include Qarabag away, the home game should be a formality) in the first half of the season. 

Its funny their main focus was that without Costa we dont score goals and yet we have scored two in each match including two from his direct replacement. 

And if the point is that other clubs have strengthened and we haven't, thats also not quite right is it. United who finished 5 places below us have bought well but still a tall task to jump above us. City are and were the main danger and yet they still have issues at the back. Liverpool may have got Chamberlain and Salah (jury out still there) but what they really needed was  defenders and a 20 goal a season centre forward. Arsenal still powderpuff defensively and Spurs are precisely as good as they were or perhaps slightly stronger but not by much.

The only thing I can see letting us down is if we dont score enough goals, otherwise we are stronger as a squad all round.