• Current Donation Goals

Forum Administrator

Media / Press

bert19   
3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Its funny their main focus was that without Costa we dont score goals and yet we have scored two in each match including two from his direct replacement. 

And if the point is that other clubs have strengthened and we haven't, thats also not quite right is it. United who finished 5 places below us have bought well but still a tall task to jump above us. City are and were the main danger and yet they still have issues at the back. Liverpool may have got Chamberlain and Salah (jury out still there) but what they really needed was  defenders and a 20 goal a season centre forward. Arsenal still powderpuff defensively and Spurs are precisely as good as they were or perhaps slightly stronger but not by much.

The only thing I can see letting us down is if we dont score enough goals, otherwise we are stronger as a squad all round.

And if we aren't scoring enough goals by the time January comes round, expect an addition or two that will help remedy that.  It's not like Roman has often been shy about the club spending when he's thought we needed a few reinforcements...

On 3 September 2017 at 6:38 PM, Droy was my hero said:

We don't have a squad capable of challenging for PL or CL, let alone both and certainly not LC or FA.  It is just too small (Great players though)

I think that's a bit exaggerated. After all, we did win the Premier League (although with 6 less games in the first half). We do have enough to challenge for the league but I don't think we should expect an all-out assault in four fronts. For that we are still 4-5 short (squad of 22 senior outfielders). 

10 hours ago, A Blue Essien said:

1. Yes, no doubt, we definitely needed a few more, but the players we have signed are quality. Sometimes you can't get everything you want and we've certainly had a much better window than the likes of West Ham, Arsenal, or Palace. I'd argue that we've had a better window than Spurs or Liverpool as well. 

2. I think we have a squad than can be there or thereabouts by January, after which we can try to strengthen in the places that we're short. 

The League Cup means nothing and the FA cup doesn't start till the new year so we can just focus on the league and the 4 CL games (5 if you include Qarabag away, the home game should be a formality) in the first half of the season. 

1. I do t think the argument should be that we needed to buy more, the easiest part should have been to convince a few more to stay. 

No arguments that we haven't brought in quality players - we absolutely have. 

2. That's where I stand as well - make do until January and try to add a player or two there. 

But there is 6 CL games - not 5. 

Holymoly   

Poor old Wayne finding life tough after spending most of his career protected by the Manure Media Machine. Welcome to real life tosser...

21192724_1641193865902142_27665035318788

paulw66   

Wasn't sure where to put this but did anyone watch MOTD? I have never seen such a misinterpretation of a game as they did with ours on Saturday. I watched the game live, and as I pointed out in the MDF, I think we should have won comfortably. Plenty of missed chances, or poor choice of pass when we could have killed the game. MOTD made it look like a 50/50 affair. Off the top of my head, they cut out:

- Willian's curling shot that narrowly missed the far post

- Willian's late shot that Schmeichal saved

- Zappacosta's shot across goal that narrowly missed. 

Three very good efforts on goal just discarded from the highlights. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but did anyone watch MOTD? I have never seen such a misinterpretation of a game as they did with ours on Saturday. I watched the game live, and as I pointed out in the MDF, I think we should have won comfortably. Plenty of missed chances, or poor choice of pass when we could have killed the game. MOTD made it look like a 50/50 affair. Off the top of my head, they cut out:

I stopped watching years ago because of their editorial policy and to be honest rank hypocrisy and bias.

Sciatika   

Its a TV program. It's job is not truth or fairness but to maximise ratings. It tries to show every game as an even contest because even games are more exciting for neutrals, not that anyone is ever a neutral. I am not sure why anyone would want to entertain neutrals. They also know that the majority of the people watching support one of LFC, MUFC, Arsenal and the Spuds. So, in the event that a game is not even close, they prefer to show "good" play by those clubs. Mostly they win but, if not, show them as being unlucky. For everyone else, they emphasise the efforts of the underdog. That's why they like pushing the myth of the "romance of the cup". Its probably best not to expect anything else.

Mostly, I avoid highlights, but I have noticed that, sometimes, the extended highlights on TOCWS are different to the ones shown on MOTD. NOt sure why - surely the highlights shouild be the same.

let them belittle our progress and shout up their favourite red team. We know what we are and we know what they are.... Fools again come the end of the season.

Ham   

Check out this unbiased choice from Sky Sports News;

My personal favourites include the 6-0, Hazard last year and Essien from 30yds on the outside of his right foot but somehow they weren't options.......

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Check out this unbiased choice from Sky Sports News;

My personal favourites include the 6-0, Hazard last year and Essien from 30yds on the outside of his right foot but somehow they weren't options.......

What makes it even more 'hilarious' is that when we complain about media bias we're made out to be imagining it.

bert19   
On 11/09/2017 at 9:27 AM, paulw66 said:

Also zero mention of the penalty shout we had for handball at 2-1 up... 

And why were we on after Arsenal? No one cared about that game.