• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

Baloo   
On 9/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, Sleeping Dave said:

A rare moment of clarity from the SkySports muppets. 

That goal was top. top class. World class even. 

You were right second time, world class,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   

I don't know if I've entered a parallel universe but all of a sudden I'm reading stories that Conte is leaving at the end of the season because he can't 'connect' with RA.  I'm sorry my links never work but it's all over everywhere.

Great timing at the start of the season.  I really do despair.  Who will be next for the laughing stock that is our beloved club but has now been taken over by lunatics who just don't 'get it'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I don't know if I've entered a parallel universe but all of a sudden I'm reading stories that Conte is leaving at the end of the season 

Like a million other weird but untrue stories, this one has come from the unemployed Duncan Castles.  It is a fascinating concept to debate - which no doubt is why so many other hacks have picked up on anything of the like.  And with clubs going into purdah for 2 weeks, a story that can run without denial for a while.  But at is base, it is a Duncan Castle story.

Many Proper papers have tried Castles and found that this kind of story is just too awkward to run week in, week out.  Far better to just run a story which quotes the unemployed Castles as a source.  This one comes from a podcast he did on invitation from the Daily Record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Like a million other weird but untrue stories, this one has come from the unemployed Duncan Castles.  It is a fascinating concept to debate - which no doubt is why so many other hacks have picked up on anything of the like.  And with clubs going into purdah for 2 weeks, a story that can run without denial for a while.  But at is base, it is a Duncan Castle story.

Many Proper papers have tried Castles and found that this kind of story is just too awkward to run week in, week out.  Far better to just run a story which quotes the unemployed Castles as a source.  This one comes from a podcast he did on invitation from the Daily Record.

Thanks Droy.  Unfortunately I have heard of Duncan Castles 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Droy.  Unfortunately I have heard of Duncan Castles 🙄

Mind you - the attraction of the story is that it might be true!  Indeed a number of people have hinted at it over the past 5 weeks.  The unique thing about Castles is that he presents his guesswork as inside knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

...The unique thing about Castles is that he presents his guesswork as inside knowledge.

Along with most of the reporters from any website where the quantity clicks is more important that the accuracy of its stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Along with most of the reporters from any website where the quantity clicks is more important that the accuracy of its stories.

To be fair, even most of them claim "reports coming out of Spain"  or reference Goal.com or Castles himself.
The only person comparable I can think of is Dan Levene of the Fulham Chronicle, except that 9 out of 10 his stories are the mundane kind of insider story which you would actually expect a man with inside contacts to come out with (and are not contradicted 2 days later by facts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Like a million other weird but untrue stories, this one has come from the unemployed Duncan Castles.  It is a fascinating concept to debate - which no doubt is why so many other hacks have picked up on anything of the like.  And with clubs going into purdah for 2 weeks, a story that can run without denial for a while.  But at is base, it is a Duncan Castle story.

Many Proper papers have tried Castles and found that this kind of story is just too awkward to run week in, week out.  Far better to just run a story which quotes the unemployed Castles as a source.  This one comes from a podcast he did on invitation from the Daily Record.

That retraction is one of the all-time greats:

Quote

In this article we did not intend to adopt any allegation that John Terry was a 'turncoat' or 'disloyal' or that he had played any intentional part in the departure of Jose Mourinho from Chelsea Football Club. We accept his assurance that he did not. We also accept that our original headline, 'Turncoat' Terry, might have caused confusion and apologise if any contrary impression was given

So the headline 'Turncoat Terry' was not intended to make the reader think that JT was a turncoat. I'm glad they made that clear a week after running the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

I'm not sure how it's gone unnoticed on here but the World and European Cup Final is being played at Anfield today at lunchtime.

Sky are covering it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now