• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

It is already being spun as "Clattenbergs plan to make Spurs lose".

That is he wanted them to self-destruct and concede goals by themselves, rather than apply the rules.  Brilliant if that really worked - though rather odd that they still got a point.  And still 100% wrong.

And it still staggers me that refs talk to the press just as they talk to themselves - they clearly believe they are in the right when they collude.  Remember Graham Poll bragging that he got a call on his private mobile from SAF to tell him how he was really a great ref and shouldn't be upset about the 3-card trick.  Clats in this also brags about his friendly relationship with SAF.  Do they not discuss the things they shouldn't say when they have these team meetings on a Monday.

1 minute ago, Sea foot said:

Tongue firmly in cheek there Martin?

I bet.

Edited by Droy was my hero

There is a gory 15m MOTD version of the game on the internet, but I really don't want to put the link up and get the site taken down or blocked.  

pm me if you can take it from google drive and put it up somewhere where it can be seen without linking back to anyone.

I found this - Lamela had already been booked.  But there are 2 bookable fouls not given in the minute before this - it really was a ridiculous assault on our players over 90 mins.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is a gory 15m MOTD version of the game on the internet, but I really don't want to put the link up and get the site taken down or blocked.  

pm me if you can take it from google drive and put it up somewhere where it can be seen without linking back to anyone.

I found this - Lamela had already been booked.  But there are 2 bookable fouls not given in the minute before this - it really was a ridiculous assault on our players over 90 mins.

Again IIRC , they literally took it in turns to clobber Hazard , one after the other , time after time , it was delicious when he got the equalizer , delicious.

Third in a two horse race . 

There is a 90 sec clip from MOTD from WAGNH which shows a lot (but by no means all) of it.
Danny Murphy doing his best to blame both teams at the end.

9 Spurs yellows and about 5 Red cards missed, a 3 Chelsea yellows, and Chelsea took the blame for "losing control of our players" and paid the bigger fine (for previous).

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/3/11574218/chelsea-tottenham-hotspur-reckless-tackles-motd

Actually I am still more angry at the lack of a proper press reaction than I am with Spurs's violence or with Clattenberg. 

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42219327

Full story here on BBC. It is OUTRAGEOUS. 

A referee decided not to send their players off because he didn't want to be blamed for Spurs not winning the league. He is effectively saying, "I deliberately didn't do my job"......

1. What if one of our players had a career threatening injury form of those tackles that he was allowing? 

2. What if Spurs had knicked the game at the end or Hazard hadn't scored a wordly? They might have won the league due to his officiating

3. We got fined for failing to control our players, when he was the one responsible for letting the game get out of control. 

sorry, just read the DWMH post and realise I have duplicated. 

This is absolutely shocking stuff and I must say I'm feeling right smug right now together with Mark and Nobly. 

I've been saying this for YEARS and been called all sorts of things from a Mourinho apologist to being downright paranoid/retarded. 

The FA needs to face SERIOUS consequences after this. One of their former star refs have effectively admitted on air that he made up his own rules for a game due to personal reasons. 

HEADS MUST ROLL AND THERE MUST BE BLOOD ON THE STREETS AFTER THIS. 

Next in line for scrutiny is the video refs who overviews appeals. Matic and Barnes anyone? 

Tip of the iceberg this. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a scandal and as the resident loony here I do feel somewhat vindicated . I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg .

Yes - me, you, Nobly and a few more. 

Never again will I accept someone saying I'm deluded for imolying cheating and corruption. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Absolutely outrageous. 

Surely something has to happen about this. It's corruption, blatant corruption and there has to be consequences. 

The whole of the PGMOL, the FA and the Premier League needs serious consequences. 

Mike Riley should be sacked immediately. Then his boss. And his boss. Clear out the whole organisation! Cheating fools. 

Well, at least it explains why European games have always seemed more fair than ours. And that Clottenberg has had more than a bit of grit in his eye. Cheating bugger admitted it, too - as a ‘professional’ he should be ashamed of himself. Our so-called reffing turns out to be what I’d always suspected: about as real as the umpiring in professional wrestling - remember Mick McManus and Les Keller etc anyone? 

46 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Mike Riley should be sacked immediately. Then his boss. And his boss.

This is the crux of it all for me.  There is no Riley boss.  Or boss's boss.  They made PMGOL and independent organisation not subject to the FA.  That is were it all went wrong and they started to develop their own ideas about what their goals were.

8 minutes ago, blue moon said:

remember Mick McManus and Les Keller etc anyone? 

Les Kellett - 1915 to 2012 - wondrously funny.  Amazed to see he must have been in his 50s when I first watched him on TV and 60s by the time he finished.  Fake as you like, but funny.

Nothing like Klutzenburg. Never made me laugh, that one. Maybe we lobby PMGOL to employ Kendo Nagasaki and Giant Haystacks as refs? They’d have more credibility than this load of buffoons.