• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

I don't think they dared give Brighton the penalty after what happened and that imho makes an even bigger mockery of it all .

They screwed one side over and then screwed another one over to make up for it !

Edited by Mark Kelly

Just a word about the passing of the great Jimmy Armfield today , although before even my time , he was a great player , good manager and a wonderful summeriser on the radio , knew football inside out and always had a good word for us amongst all the jealousy and bitterness in the industry .

On top of this he was a true gentleman . RIP Jim , he made Leeds not dirty.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just a word about the passing of the great Jimmy Armfield today , although before even my time , he was a great player , good manager and a wonderful summeriser on the radio , knew football inside out and always had a good word for us amongst all the jealousy and bitterness in the industry .

On top of this he was a true gentleman . RIP Jim , he made Leeds not dirty.

Absolutely right.  Jimmy Armfield knew his football inside out, when he criticised someone he did it fairly and constructively, and his views were always insightful, unlike muppets and egomaniacs such as Danny Mills and Chris Sutton, who insult people's intellegence by being controversial for the sake of it. RIP Jimmy Armfield, a true gentleman, you will be missed.

• Like 1

Ham   

Liverpool have just had two VAR decisions go their way.

1) Disallowed WBA goal where a player who played no part in the goal was given offside because he was interfering with play. When was the last time you saw one of those disallowed? I can't recall if happening in recent years, especially with the new offside rule. 

2) Salah had his arm held and he theatrically threw himself to the floor. I thought that when that happened the striker was supposed to be booked twice in quick succession.  No. Apparently it's a penalty now. 

I'm confused as to why Chelsea FC don't make more of a fuss when this shite keeps happening. 

Edited by Ham
  • Thanks 1

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

VAR just puts more pressure on refs to support the favoured teams and gives them more opportunities.  

A cheaters charter

It would appear so Droy. Shame we're never ever going to be the favoured team in any game.... ever. 

As I post they've just tried to disallow another WBA goal but unfortunately they couldn't find anything wrong with it. 

Baloo   
On 1/23/2018 at 3:35 PM, Sciatika said:

Jimmy Armfield was my favourite BBC match analyst.

Have to agree, he had no agenda and talked football not boll0cks