• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

^ That's a league trophy rather than the 'thanks' it's supposed to represent

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Well done to Reuben Loftus-Cheek a well deserved world cup place

Indeed.

Can't wait to hear what James thinks about Gary Cahill being included but well done to him too.

Edited by JaneB

paulw66   
19 hours ago, JaneB said:

Indeed.

Can't wait to hear what James thinks about Gary Cahill being included but well done to him too.

Cahill had to go. Some experience in a very inexperienced squad. He also isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to believe. 

The next alternatives were centre backs from Burnley, Swansea, and Newcastle, all of whom finished many points below us. The summary on Football365 explains it quite well. 

Holymoly   
23 hours ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

Well done to Reuben Loftus-Cheek a well deserved world cup place

For all the good it will do him landing a place in our first team squad next season.

JaneB   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Cahill had to go. Some experience in a very inexperienced squad. He also isn't anywhere near as bad as people like to believe. 

The next alternatives were centre backs from Burnley, Swansea, and Newcastle, all of whom finished many points below us. The summary on Football365 explains it quite well. 

Since I think you go to most matches that's interesting to hear.  I've always had a lot of time for Gary Cahill.  Yes of course he's been crap at times and that has cost us big time, but he seems a nice guy, one of the few genuinely 'Chelsea' players and doesn't complain publically which he could have done when left out of the team, especially as Captain.  He has of course suffered from NOT being JT but no one was every going to fill those boots.  I wish him well for the WC. 

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Since I think you go to most matches that's interesting to hear.  I've always had a lot of time for Gary Cahill.  Yes of course he's been crap at times and that has cost us big time, but he seems a nice guy, one of the few genuinely 'Chelsea' players and doesn't complain publically which he could have done when left out of the team, especially as Captain.  He has of course suffered from NOT being JT but no one was every going to fill those boots.  I wish him well for the WC. 

Trouble is Jane, someone is always the scapegoat. 

Concede a goal - Cahill's fault 

Don't create enough, Willian is useless. 

Don't get me wrong, Cahill isn't world class, but he is a reliable defender who would get in most PL teams IMO. 32 now, so maybe his time his coming to an end, but look at his CV........as the song goes, "he's won it all......." 

jones   

Very happy to see Cahill and RLC deservedly go to the WC. Think both have a chance of starting in Southgate’s 3-4-3, Cahill in his usual LCB position and RLC together with Henderson in CM. 

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Trouble is Jane, someone is always the scapegoat. 

Concede a goal - Cahill's fault 

Don't create enough, Willian is useless. 

Don't get me wrong, Cahill isn't world class, but he is a reliable defender who would get in most PL teams IMO. 32 now, so maybe his time his coming to an end, but look at his CV........as the song goes, "he's won it all......." 

Well exactly Paul.  If we concede on Saturday it will be Courtois' fault.....................although actually......

No, joking aside, that was refreshing to read.  He has indeed and apparently the fastest player in PL history to win every major trophy available.