• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

I still can't see much happening, not unless the government want to shoot themselves in the foot. Again.

And with the WC looming large, it would probably be best not to poke the hornets nest too much.

Unfortunately, too many people watch Breakfast tv soundbites and believe what is told to them.

I doubt if Roman is overly fussed either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Does anyone remember when every supporter's plight in getting to Moscow and finding accommodation in 2008 was covered by Sky Sports News?

Yeah me neither. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Does anyone remember when every supporter's plight in getting to Moscow and finding accommodation in 2008 was covered by Sky Sports News?

Yeah me neither. 

 

 

I just accidentally told my bosses son "I hope they get tanked eight nil " when he asked me who I fancied .

Unfortunately I'd forgotten the pair of them support Liverpool , well they are from ilford so I suppose it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2018 at 7:42 PM, Don Keebles said:

I still can't see much happening, not unless the government want to shoot themselves in the foot. Again.

And with the WC looming large, it would probably be best not to poke the hornets nest too much.

Unfortunately, too many people watch Breakfast tv soundbites and believe what is told to them.

I doubt if Roman is overly fussed either.

 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baloo   
On 5/21/2018 at 0:38 PM, Holymoly said:

Business visas are not dealt with at the same level as a holiday visa requests. The snide media may well ask where the money to pay for the stadium came from in much the same way that banks are legally required to question the source of the funds if you acquire an expensive motor for cash. I can hear them beginning to climb to the moral highground already.

So why wasn't this established on his previous visa applications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baloo said:

So why wasn't this established on his previous visa applications?

The rules have been tightened up recently and this is the first time he's had to re-apply since that happened. Personally, I don't see him having any problems other than generally being made to wait longer than may have been the case in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   
9 hours ago, Baloo said:

So why wasn't this established on his previous visa applications?

Maybe because the media can smell blood in the water with all this anti Russian feeling being stirred up. You can only suppose this is mirrored by the establishment wanting to appear to be acting tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on local press reports it looks like Derby County are set to appoint Frank Lampard as their new manager with Jody Morris joining him as his assistant.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jody-morris-frank-Lampard-derby-1618581

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Based on local press reports it looks like Derby County are set to appoint Frank Lampard as their new manager with Jody Morris joining him as his assistant.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jody-morris-frank-Lampard-derby-1618581

Disappointed to lose Morris........hoping he would bridge the gap for some of the youth team into the first team squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Disappointed to lose Morris........hoping he would bridge the gap for some of the youth team into the first team squad. 

That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, if they do well at Derby, we'll no doubt be looking for a new manager in two years time, and while I'm not suggesting either would be ready to take over here, a role as a number 2 to whoever we do appoint then might be a good stepping stone to eventually managing the club. Is that too much to hope for? Probably!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now