• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

13 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Slightly lost in the press due to the WC but A.C. Milan were today banned from European competition next year due to breaches of FFP. They are appealing with CAS could be interesting to see how it pans out in terms of Uefa backing it and clubs challenging it. Certainly doesn't seem level pegging with the treatment City and PSG received in the past, presumably PSG will breach again this summer with the mbappe deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44599326

It does seem a little odd for Uefa suddenly to bare its teeth.

I guess the difference is that PSG and MC put up some figleaf of a bs story about payments from related parties while calling the bluff of Uefa.  Whereas Milan haven't even pretended to have some excuse.  A month only to sort it out - my guess is that given it is such a late decision (CL prelims I guess start early August) Uefa will have to suspend it a year, by when it will all be forgotten about.  But it is interesting.

Uefa referred the case to its adjudicatory body to make a ruling as it said there "remained uncertainties" following an investigation into the Serie A club's financial affairs.

The "uncertainties" were said to relate to the refinancing of a loan due to be paid back in October 2018.

Uefa's financial fair play rules were brought in to stop clubs running up huge debts, and they can be punished if they spend more money than they earn.

This puzzles me.  I don't really see what difference to FFP it makes, just how they refinance loans.  
And the FD jockeys will tell you that a one off spend of £200m isn't in itself enough to trigger a fine in itself, as it will appear first as a £50m depreciation figure, and then as just £17m averaged over 3 years.  

It is almost UEFA are predicting high spending for the future which is hardly fair on Milan.  I suspect there is something quite difference to this case than what the BBC have told.  Probably to do with the ownership structure.

Edited by Droy was my hero

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

A month only to sort it out - my guess is that given it is such a late decision (CL prelims I guess start early August) Uefa will have to suspend it a year, by when it will all be forgotten about.

This is what I expect to happen.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Probably to do with the ownership structure.

Yes probably the fact that in this case the ownership structure is Chinese, not Qatari's that have paid millions in backhanders to host the world cup

47 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Yes probably the fact that in this case the ownership structure is Chinese, not Qatari's that have paid millions in backhanders to host the world cup

Maybe.  I was rather thinking that it couldn't be FFP in itself, they were punished for.  Rather some other regulation which may have been included in the FFP bundle.  
Qatar is not flavour of the month right now - it has been cast off by its neighbours for err "supporting terrorism".  And it seems that the West is on board with that move.  
China though is too big to tumble with imo.  

Ham   

Not connected with football or Chelsea but interesting that Sky virtually ignored the story when it first broke but couldn't make a big enough fuss this morning when Froome was cleared...... 

20180702_101548.jpg

paulw66   

Did anyone see the BBC Sport article when we signed Jorginho?

Suddenly it was "Chelsea sign Jorginho after Manchester City pull out"........not quite what I read elsewhere. Now where is the BBC located???

Ham   
21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Did anyone see the BBC Sport article when we signed Jorginho?

Suddenly it was "Chelsea sign Jorginho after Manchester City pull out"........not quite what I read elsewhere. Now where is the BBC located???

Had the roles been reversed the headline would have read "Jorginho snubs Chelsea”

Ham   

We really are behaving very badly as a club.

Ok so Neil was a bit annoying at times but after 32 years he deserves better than this. 

Screenshot_20180718-220234_Twitter.jpg

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

We really are behaving very badly as a club.

Ok so Neil was a bit annoying at times but after 32 years he deserves better than this. 

Take your point, IF what Neil says is a true reflection of what happened. Until we hear from the club on this, then  what we see is just HIS version of what happened.

Sciatika   

I thought Chelsea TV was a separate company to the club owned by Chelsea Digital Media Limited. Spy seems to be saying that Chelsea FC has decided to get someone else to do matchday and behaved courteously. The silence is from the TV company. I am unclear why he would expect any comment. The TV company do not do match day, do they? Or is he saying that he no longer does the TV either? To be honest, we see more of Jason Cundy, Ben Andrews and Lee Parker these days (with Tommy Langley, Clive Walker, Frank Sinclair). Spy just did the odd special and occasional pitchside interview.

Edited by Sciatika

Ham   
25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I thought Chelsea TV was a separate company to the club owned by Chelsea Digital Media Limited. Spy seems to be saying that Chelsea FC has decided to get someone else to do matchday and behaved courteously. The silence is from the TV company. I am unclear why he would expect any comment. The TV company do not do match day, do they? Or is he saying that he no longer does the TV either? To be honest, we see more of Jason Cundy, Ben Andrews and Lee Parker these days (with Tommy Langley, Clive Walker, Frank Sinclair). Spy just did the odd special and occasional pitchside interview.

I read the word "courteously" as sarcasm. 

I could be wrong. 

Edited by Ham