• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

11 minutes down and the Jose obituary is written. Unless there is some kind of divine intervention  

2-0 to Newcastle, 18 mins gone and Jose makes a sub

Ashley Young handles the ball in his own box . Ref gives goal kick . It was forever thus.

30 minutes ago, Never happy said:

2-0 to Newcastle, 18 mins gone and Jose makes a sub

The Club dodged a bullet with Pogba and lukaku 

6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The Club dodged a bullet with Pogba and lukaku 

Lukaku, Fellaini and Shaw seem to be the only ones trying this season.
The big big thing we did was to get rid of Matic.  The £50m was pure bonus. Amazed he is still on.
Amazed really with the love of giants that Fellaini doesn't start every game - easily better Matic/McT.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ashley Young handles the ball in his own box . Ref gives goal kick . It was forever thus.

And similar for Newcastle (Motu?) in his box. 

10 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Would be hilarious if they hire Wenger.

Conte surely...

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Conte surely...

I don't expect Wenger to actually happen just that it would be hilarious. I doubt United would want to be seen to be hiring our cast offs (again) and Conte clearly threw a massive sulk and fell out with pretty much everyone as appears to be happening now with Jose. Suspect they would go for Zidane, they would see him as more 'biggest club in the world' material. I also think Conte will want to return to Italy.

Bayern are 8 points off top and 2-0 down at the moment and Real haven't scored for the 5th game in a  row or something. Could be a few top jobs available in the not too distant future.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

You can't say they aren't trying for him , they're all over Newcastle.

43 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I don't expect Wenger to actually happen just that it would be hilarious. I doubt United would want to be seen to be hiring our cast offs (again) and Conte clearly threw a massive sulk and fell out with pretty much everyone as appears to be happening now with Jose. Suspect they would go for Zidane, they would see him as more 'biggest club in the world' material. I also think Conte will want to return to Italy.

Bayern are 8 points off top and 2-0 down at the moment and Real haven't scored for the 5th game in a  row or something. Could be a few top jobs available in the not too distant future.

Looking at the camera on Woodward and co after the third went in, they looked pretty miserable - hard to tell which was Woodward, which was Ashley base on facial expression.

So it may well be a decision has been made - in which case I wouldn't be at all surprised if JM comes out of the dressing room in 2 minutes and announces his resignation.
Just a hunch, but we do have a 2 week International break coming up.

I keep saying JM is crazy with so many of these big lumps in CM, and it was only by removing 2 of them for Mata and Fellaini (playing as CF2) did Man U turn the game around.  Matic was appalling all game - something  that is not uncommon, but CM always get the credit when a team dominates and the blame when they don't so it gets hidden a lot when you play for top 4 teams.
I've always thought Matic had strong character - no matter how embarrassed an oppo made him look, he always came back positively.  But today he had all the self confidence of Morata out there.  

Jasonb   

I read a comment on a site, I forget which suggesting Zidane is a done deal yet the timing may prove to be the sticking point.  They want him to consider waiting a bit even until the end of the season.

Seems to me there is a lot of politics at OT and that JM has breached some of their no-go areas in terms of conduct yet the results need to be right (or wrong depending on your loyalty) as well. 

If Newcastle could have beaten them, the question is would he still be there?

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I read a comment on a site, I forget which suggesting Zidane is a done deal yet the timing may prove to be the sticking point.  They want him to consider waiting a bit even until the end of the season.

Seems to me there is a lot of politics at OT and that JM has breached some of their no-go areas in terms of conduct yet the results need to be right (or wrong depending on your loyalty) as well. 

If Newcastle could have beaten them, the question is would he still be there?

Of course he'd still be there.  Managers moving based on 1 result is just a myth.  More to do with how the press like to report events as "exclusive events", rather than things that had happened a while ago, but they just hadn't known.  Just ordinary cats, not Schrodingers.

As for Zidane, done deals are usually "Done".  I can't see any deal  where the timing is not know in advance as being done.  Rather if there was any chance that JM was to go short term it would have been done this weekend ahead of international fortnight, irrespective of the result.
Certainly the Mirror was claiming it was a "done deal", but that seems to have been proved wrong (and more papers were reporting that Man U were still backing JM on Friday).

As for politics at Man U, certainly JM is not getting the backing that SAF got (hardly surprising as Woodward and co were nobodies under SAF and only became somebodies when they hitched themselves to Moyes and LVG who they backed in error).  I think the real issue is that the players (or agents) are not under control.

But results are massive up on the 3 years between SAF and JM despite most of the squad being bought in that period.  In the Prem, Fergie teams never had lower than 75 points in a season.  Post Fergie, only 17/18 has ended up with more than 75 points (81).  Even this year they are only 3 points behind target if the goal is 75 points.  This is not Chelsea 15/16 (we had 8 points from 8 games, they have 13).  This is just an 8 game spell back to LVG levels.
In cups and Europe results are massive up on Moyes and LVG.

Man U fans recognise that they have become a top 4 club again - and very clearly credit Mourinho for it.

I just wish that JM would stop playing Matic and McTominay when it is so bloody obvious that they are the cause of all the time and opportunity opponents have to set up goals.