• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I just wish that JM would stop playing Matic and McTominay when it is so bloody obvious that they are the cause of all the time and opportunity opponents have to set up goals.

Why would you wish that United opponents had less opportunity to set up goals against them?

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I read a comment on a site, I forget which suggesting Zidane is a done deal yet the timing may prove to be the sticking point.  They want him to consider waiting a bit even until the end of the season.

Zidane to United is an article that writes itself, 'timing might be an issue' is just a caveat so the papers can say they were right even if it doesn't happen. I had previously read he was going to earn a gazillion dollars managing Qatar when they host the world cup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Why would you wish that United opponents had less opportunity to set up goals against them?

I quite like Man U - I guess because while every other club was saying Chelsea were evil and destroying football, SAF just recognised the bar had been raised and his team had to match us.
Besides all my other club hate is used up on Spurs and Liverpool (refs and media).  I don't even have much left over for Arsenal or City.

24 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Zidane to United is an article that writes itself, 'timing might be an issue' is just a caveat so the papers can say they were right even if it doesn't happen.

Precisely

I see the press and tv are wanking all over Arsenal now, so they scored a goal yesterday that involved NINE flicks and passes..

on sky TVs poll this morning, Moratas goal that involved THIRTY ONE  passes but you wouldn't know it because highlights only showed five passes, is bottom of the poll with 7%.

Arsenal nine straight wins .... But against who?

played City and Chelsea and lost both..

On a similar topic, the press are getting more than excited over Sturridge's goal (a bit of an opportunistic pop at goal rather than a cleverly wrought piece of skill, in my somewhat biased opinion). So why was Hazard's goal vs Pool not a candidate for goal of the month, rather than vs Cardiff?

Sea foot   

Has anyone here ever bothered to vote for goal of the month? I could tell you the winner every time a pool goal is in there. I reckon it's only the dippers fans who love to vote with their nicked iPhones. 😂

Arsenal and Liverpool. Good on the internet. Everywhere else ? Not so much.

9 hours ago, Never happy said:

I see the press and tv are wanking all over Arsenal now, so they scored a goal yesterday that involved NINE flicks and passes..

on sky TVs poll this morning, Moratas goal that involved THIRTY ONE  passes but you wouldn't know it because highlights only showed five passes, is bottom of the poll with 7%.

Arsenal nine straight wins .... But against who?

played City and Chelsea and lost both..

Arsenal are classic flat track bullies, and Dick Emery won't change that for now, they will revert to type and bottle the cold nights in Burnley et al.  Back on United, wouldn't you just love it if we beat them at the Bridge and it being the game that gets Mourinho the bullet?

8 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Has anyone here ever bothered to vote for goal of the month? I could tell you the winner every time a pool goal is in there. I reckon it's only the dippers fans who love to vote with their nicked iPhones. 😂

To be honest I voted last night for something to do.  A few for Hazard and one for Moutinho just to see if I could get the Sturridge average down to no avail.. Grudgingly I have to admit that its painful to say but the Sturridge goal was a worthy winner. 

Sea foot   

If you look at the discrepancy between Sturridge (good goal that it was) and the others it just showed to me that people can't be bothered to vote for any others if there is a pool goal in there. Another nice harmless bit of fun that the dippers have ruined by phone bombing. Ahh well. Scamps will be scamps I suppose.