• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

18 hours ago, Vinod said:

Most of what Neville says applies to us as well

Pissed off that it might have been leaked to the Mirror. not a Murdoch media.

On 07/10/2018 at 2:04 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I quite like Man U - I guess because while every other club was saying Chelsea were evil and destroying football, SAF just recognised the bar had been raised and his team had to match us.
Besides all my other club hate is used up on Spurs and Liverpool (refs and media).  I don't even have much left over for Arsenal or City.

Precisely

I'm with you on that Droy rather than whine about us or make up nonsense like the no history or Millwall with money thing (quite liked that tbh)United just rose to the challenge as did their fans.

paulw66   
On 10/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I quite like Man U - I guess because while every other club was saying Chelsea were evil and destroying football, SAF just recognised the bar had been raised and his team had to match us.

Like them or not, I certainly respect them, but I don't see why any Chelsea fan wouldn't want them to drop points in just about any game (other than perhaps when playing City / Liverpool). They are a rival, and hence I want them to drop points when they play teams they should be beating 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Like them or not, I certainly respect them, but I don't see why any Chelsea fan wouldn't want them to drop points in just about any game (other than perhaps when playing City / Liverpool). They are a rival, and hence I want them to drop points when they play teams they should be beating 

I don't see any of those lot as rivals in the true sense of the word. Ours are Tottenham, Leeds and West Ham

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

I don't see any of those lot as rivals in the true sense of the word. Ours are Tottenham, Leeds and West Ham

I mean rivals for CL spots, trophies etc 

Edit - the point I was making is that I don't understnad why any Chelsea fan would not want United to drop points in a game like Newcastle at home. 

Edited by paulw66

"The club’s owner, Roman Abramovich, who is Jewish, is at the forefront of the initiative, designed to tackle antisemitism among fans." - Press Association via The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/11/chelsea-to-send-racist-fans-auschwitz-instead-banning-orders-antisemitism

^I can't see RA being in the forefront of this, and indeed can see no direct involvement by RA in this at all.  The only person quoted is Buck, and it appears to be as low key an even and out of the press as possible.  (as it should be - highlighting any anti-semitism amongst Chelsea fans is a delicate matter at least, and the whole anti-anti-semite thing is is front for so much unworthy shouting down of genuine issues it is a turn off in itself).
Rather I suspect the publicity is coming unwelcomely from the anti-anti machine. 

(Not that I want to put anyone off visiting Poland or Auschwitz, although the Guardian still can't get it right.  It was not a Polish Death camp, not a German camp in occupied Poland, it was a German camp in Germany according the to borders Germany itself declared at the start of the war).

Sciatika   

He did "front" a campaign as part of the Building Bridges thing done by the Foundation. I think this is part of that. He wrote an article possibly in a program, magazine or on the CFCOWS. I was reported by WAGNH here:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/31/16956020/Abramovich-addresses-his-initiative-to-fight-antisemitism-in-rare-chelsea-match-programme-note

He hosted a conference attended by some important Jewish organisations such as the World Jewish Congress, Holocaust Educational Trust and the Jewish Museum. It was reported in the Jewish Chronicle:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/chelsea-stars-including-eden-hazard-and-ross-barkley-unveil-campaign-against-antisemitism-1.456785

And something from the Foundation:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/foundation/say-no-to-antisemitism

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

He did "front" a campaign as part of the Building Bridges thing done by the Foundation. I think this is part of that. He wrote an article possibly in a program, magazine or on the CFCOWS. I was reported by WAGNH here:

I think "fronting" it is pretty much an exaggeration, and there is nothing here less than 6 months old.  RA has no direct link to the latest event.  This is 2018, anti-semitism in UK hasn't been a real issue for decades, just a distraction from Palestine and the wholesale changes in the Labour party.

Sciatika   

I didn't say it was recent. The Guardian report was talking about the same events and they happened months ago. Actually, I have a feeling that the date of the report may be wrong. It may have taken the date where the Guardian corrects the description of camps.

Also, the headline and report do not match the quote from Buck and the CST. Buck actually says that fans using racist chants will either be banned or spend time in diversity training. I can find nothing there that says they will be sent to Auschwitz to do that training (nor in the comments of the FSF). The report conflates Buck's statement with a trip made by some club people and supporters who went on the March of the Living in June, but that was not a punishment, it was a club sponsored trip.